Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 10,911Posts
    • 31,978Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1119
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 1:02 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I best not swear otherwise bubbs and westie will be after me but I have had my licence since I moved here 21 years ago and I lose it for the offer of cheap cake that I didn't even enjoy.

Really don't know where else to look now.
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 22nd Sep 16, 1:03 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 2,668 Thanks
    chocaholics
    I don't suppose few Elite could help me out with some prayers to St Anthony.

I've only gone and lost my old style paper driving licence, I thought I was going to get away with the renewal fee every 10 years.

Last time I remember getting it out of the zipped pocket of my handbag was on Sunday when I went to Patisserie Valerie as it said you needed ID for the voucher. I think with the confusion over whether it was 241 or £6.50 to pay I didn't zip it back in the pocket and just stuffed it in my bag. As they told me to go and sit down until they had resolved it.

I have phoned every shop I have been to since then when I would have gone to my handbag. I got out a credit note from the zip pocket in M&S on Monday but didn't notice it was not there then. I also went to the pocket yesterday as there is a little wallet I keep there and I put my JL vouchers in again not noticing it was missing. It's in a dogged eared building society passbook cover. It was only when I went to show ID for my Ts order today I noticed it was gone.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Have you looked in the pocket of whatever you were wearing that day?, prayer already said to St Anthony.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 1:07 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Have you looked in the pocket of whatever you were wearing that day?, prayer already said to St Anthony.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Thanks chocaholics, yes I have looked in both the jacket which I also wore today and the denim shorts I wore on Sunday, they hadn't been through the wash yet so I was hopeful but it's not there.

At first I thought maybe it had fallen out at DDs last week but then I remembered getting it out for the Patisserie Valerie. The pocket was unzipped when I went to it today. That would have been putting the JL vouchers away yesterday afternoon, can't understand why I didn't notice then.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 1:12 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Good customer service from Wilko they phoned me back to say they had not found it at least I know.

Sainsbobs was first stop after Patisserie Valerie and they checked their lost property book while I was on the phone, Wetherspoons on the other hand said they would look and phone back but nothing yet, I guess they may not even phone if they don't find anything.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 22nd Sep 16, 1:20 PM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 44,960 Thanks
    gocat
    Pray to St Anthony said TS.
    Try phoning the same shops later, as I wonder if sometimes they do really search for you. I once took my mum swimming and she accidentally left some clothes out. I went to reception and the bloke said nothing had been handed in, so I had to do a quick run to the nearest clothes shop which happened to be a charity shop and get some clothes for mum
    Following week when we went swimming again, I asked again incase her clothes had been handed in. Oh yes, said different person. Here they are under the counter. I'm sure the first bloke hadn't even looked there
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 1:32 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Pray to St Anthony said TS.
    Try phoning the same shops later, as I wonder if sometimes they do really search for you. I once took my mum swimming and she accidentally left some clothes out. I went to reception and the bloke said nothing had been handed in, so I had to do a quick run to the nearest clothes shop which happened to be a charity shop and get some clothes for mum
    Following week when we went swimming again, I asked again incase her clothes had been handed in. Oh yes, said different person. Here they are under the counter. I'm sure the first bloke hadn't even looked there
    Originally posted by gocat
    Thanks gocat, it's amazing how many places I have been to since Sunday.

The shopping centre management have taken my number just in case it gets handed in at a later date. Most of the stores I visited seem to have lost property books.

Wonder if I actually lost it in Ts this morning, guess I best ring them too.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 22nd Sep 16, 1:41 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 18,818 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    TS,
    Prayer said- have you looked under the car seats, under the car mats, glove compartment, side door pockets of the car, or any carrier bags you may have used, did you buy any frozen items- could it have got stuck to them?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 1:53 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    TS,
    Prayer said- have you looked under the car seats, under the car mats, glove compartment, side door pockets of the car, or any carrier bags you may have used, did you buy any frozen items- could it have got stuck to them?
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Thanks HILLBERN, car is a good point because we actually went out in Mr TS's on Sunday as we were getting the gro bags from Wilkos. He drove there and I drove back so it could have fallen out of my pocket if I had put it in there I really can't remember.

I will ring him and see if he can have a quick check. But I might have to wait until he comes home for that.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 22nd Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    • 12,567 Posts
    • 221,401 Thanks
    Snap-ant

TS - if found hopefully it would be posted back to you as has your address on it - fingers crossed.
    Have you tried the patisserie shop - maybe behind counter?

I'm killing time here, may go & finish my book

Case weighs 16 kgs & hand luggage 3.4kgs - I'm alright. Plus Fourp has tons of room in his barely ½ full case - so I've transferred over some of my shoes etc
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 2:11 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

TS - if found hopefully it would be posted back to you as has your address on it - fingers crossed.
    Have you tried the patisserie shop - maybe behind counter?

I'm killing time here, may go & finish my book

Case weighs 16 kgs & hand luggage 3.4kgs - I'm alright. Plus Fourp has tons of room in his barely ½ full case - so I've transferred over some of my shoes etc
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Yes I tried them first snap, they are not actually a shop just area in the middle of the shopping centre, they said they had nothing handed in and gave me the shopping centre management number. I would have thought if it had been handed in there they would have had it by now...

I did rush to the front door when I heard the postman half hours ago. Would be nice if someone has posted it to me. Trouble is it probably looked like a bit of rubbish in the old plastic wallet might have just been swept away.

I might actually pop in Wetherspoons later when I pick up DD as that was same day as patisserie Valerie.

Hope you and Fourp have a lovely holiday Snap. x
    • tweets
    • By tweets 22nd Sep 16, 2:22 PM
    • 25,697 Posts
    • 382,614 Thanks
    tweets

Well we are all packed & ready to go but.... we don't leave until after 7pm My friend has to go to running club (????) but what will be will be.

tweets need you tomorrow please for QUIZ
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Enjoy your holiday Snap

I am ready to do the quiz from tomorrow
    Lost 3st-5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 3:31 PM
    • 13,628 Posts
    • 165,181 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thanks HILLBERN, car is a good point because we actually went out in Mr TS's on Sunday as we were getting the gro bags from Wilkos. He drove there and I drove back so it could have fallen out of my pocket if I had put it in there I really can't remember.

I will ring him and see if he can have a quick check. But I might have to wait until he comes home for that.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    don't give up hope yet. I lost a wallet in sainsbobs and I rung them next day but no sign of it so next time I was in I asked at customer services but the answer was still no. Another week went by and I asked again at CS and it had finally been handed in - I must have left it in the trolley and it was just at the back of the line and it had only been used again when all of the trolleys in front had been used on a busy weekend
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • russetred
    • By russetred 22nd Sep 16, 3:33 PM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 8,934 Thanks
    russetred
    Could any kind soul point me in the direction of a MrTosser wine code. I can't seem to find one. Mucho Gracias.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
    • aallank
    • By aallank 22nd Sep 16, 3:42 PM
    • 2,161 Posts
    • 19,466 Thanks
    aallank
    Hi all
    I just wondered if anyone had tried the fish in W's today?
    TIA
    • nanx4
    • By nanx4 22nd Sep 16, 3:47 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 1,288 Thanks
    nanx4
    Tried the little dish meals they were priced @ 2.50 in store went through as multi save.but compared at the offer price

1x Little Dish 1yr+ Chicken & Veg Risotto (200G) £1.67 £1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Cottage Pie (200G) £1.66 £1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Spaghetti & Meatballs (200G) £1.67 £1.75
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.00 £6.25
    cheaper +£0.25
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 3:48 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Free pint of beer 22nd September to 2nd October. You need to have a smartphone or tablet to claim. It is not a printable voucher.

http://freedrinkpubs.co.uk/

Choose the pub and it asks you to show code on your phone at the bar, I haven't gone to the end screen as I'm not anywhere near a pub at the moment.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 3:52 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    don't give up hope yet. I lost a wallet in sainsbobs and I rung them next day but no sign of it so next time I was in I asked at customer services but the answer was still no. Another week went by and I asked again at CS and it had finally been handed in - I must have left it in the trolley and it was just at the back of the line and it had only been used again when all of the trolleys in front had been used on a busy weekend
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I have checked both cars now, I am really losing hope as if I did lose it probably was on Sunday so plenty of time for it to be handed in. Absolutely gutted I might have to pay for a photocard one.

Have looked all the piles of receipts and things I have taken out my handbag this week. Checked pockets ten times over...

How long does everyone think I should leave it before applying for new one? Mr TS says has turned out very expensive tea and cake.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 4:06 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Forgot to say that in Ts instore these 24 packs Walkers Sandwich flavours (you do get 6 each of ready salted and cheese & onion, plus 12 sandwich flavours in each pack) bargain price of £1.50.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=walkers+sandwich&newSort=tr ue&search=Search

Just thought I best clarify link is to 14 pack as I couldn't find link for the 24 pack...
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 22-09-2016 at 4:14 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 4:08 PM
    • 13,628 Posts
    • 165,181 Thanks
    mhoc
    another afternoon in the house rather than playing in the garden as they are blasting away with shot guns at some defenceless rabbit or bird again in the fields around us

so I thought I'd have a go at sorting out a basket next to the printer which I innocently thought was just mixed up printer paper - we have 2 sorts, clean paper for official print offs and stuff which has been previously used on one side for other random prints like MOCS and copies of invoices etc, so they just needed separating and putting into the print paper drawers.

Instead the basket alongside the printer paper was the biggest collection of random paper possible Some was suitable for going straight into the recycling paper basket, some for the cardboard recycle, some for incinerating, some little notebooks which went into the Christmas shoe boxes, a few statements and salary slips that were current and went into the filing basket and some old bank statements (now added to another box of statements which needs to be organised and/or culled on a wet autumn afternoon)
    But also there was just about every invoice for every item that we have ever bought online over about 5 years Some like the marks sale bargains and the underwear from Debenhams receipts were easily culled but then things like anything electronic I had to find out if we still had the item or not. I found the receipt and header card for the Friskas weeder which has a 10 year guarantee and the receipts and guarantee for cases which have 5 years guarantee and the Pandora receipts, both sets of receipts for the garmins we bought (both garmins despite their age we are sentimentally attached to and the stories of how we got them and places we went to with them ) Most randomly was the invoice for our dyson, possibly the very first thing I bought online 16 years ago - my mum had inherited a tiny bit of money so she gave us (me and 2 sisters) all some and I used it to part pay for the dyson - very sentimentally attached even though it is now a purple, lime, grey and orange dyson

One of those quite sorting out jobs that takes forever and you end up wanting to run away screaming from but at least its finally done and dusted and one basket of rhubarb less and apart from some light filing there is just a huge basket of cruise memorabilia to sort and the basket with old bank statements to organise/cull
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 4:10 PM
    • 13,628 Posts
    • 165,181 Thanks
    mhoc
    Could any kind soul point me in the direction of a MrTosser wine code. I can't seem to find one. Mucho Gracias.
    Originally posted by russetred

does everyone have the same code?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,199Users online

Martin's Twitter