Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 10,911Posts
    • 31,976Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1118
    • 99p
    • By 99p 22nd Sep 16, 11:59 AM
    • 805 Posts
    • 15,345 Thanks
    99p
    Ola el mad squad, just popping on to say hello from sunny Cartagena, sitting at a cafe in the city centre enjoying a nice cold beer.
    I do try to keep up but sometimes life gets in the way.
    I'm just a penny short of a pound. Peace and Love.

I've joined the 5:2 club cos mrT made me eat 1p chocolate.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 22nd Sep 16, 12:01 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 7,460 Thanks
    curl girl
    Ola el mad squad, just popping on to say hello from sunny Cartagena, sitting at a cafe in the city centre enjoying a nice cold beer.
    Originally posted by 99p
    Lovely, have a fab time, sounds like it!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • altojack
    • By altojack 22nd Sep 16, 12:01 PM
    • 7,572 Posts
    • 105,460 Thanks
    altojack
    Free on bargain booze app (maybe, i think)
    Originally posted by aau1
    Sizzling pubs Freebie, register online
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Thank you both, off out now catch you later X
    There's no place like home
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 12:04 PM
    • 13,626 Posts
    • 165,135 Thanks
    mhoc
    Originally posted by 99p
    We are there in November so I can just imagine exactly where you are
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 12:06 PM
    • 13,626 Posts
    • 165,135 Thanks
    mhoc
    I'm really struggling on the 2nd case now...it's got 2 reds in it too....I think I will phone them
    Originally posted by LEJC
    yes, tell them that one case seemed to be a very bad random collection of anything but the white wine you ordered and how disappointed and upset you are as its going to ruin the weekend Elite party you had planned
    Last edited by mhoc; 22-09-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • redfox
    • By redfox 22nd Sep 16, 12:08 PM
    • 10,911 Posts
    • 31,976 Thanks
    redfox
    Probably Paul Hollywood will follow
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    no, he's sold his soul to the highest bidder. One more reason not to watch it on C4 because out of the 4 presenters/judges he was the most unlikeable.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• choclate24
    • By choclate24 22nd Sep 16, 12:08 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    choclate24
    My £7 off my tesco order worked just now, got different items but still worked.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 22nd Sep 16, 12:21 PM
    • 7,787 Posts
    • 45,009 Thanks
    LEJC
    yes, tell them that one case seemed to be a very bad random collection of anything but the red wine you ordered and how disappointed and upset you are as its going to ruin the weekend Elite party you had planned
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Can't fault the customer service...they have refunded £48 and I can keep both cases,,,
    I ordered 2 cases of white.....
    anyone for sherry?
    or maybe some 0%...there's 2 of those
    I know Dave like red....but it's not decent like the last 2 that were in my white cases...so these 2 will definitely go in a stew.

and then there's the blue nun up for grabs.....

Mhoc..I'm looking forward to the update on your boxes tomorrow.
    There were some real turkeys from long ago in mine...jacobs creek wimbledon editions from 2013....and lots that look like they have been in the back of beyond for years!
    I dont think I can even put a price on the 2nd case
    Last edited by LEJC; 22-09-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    • aau1
    • By aau1 22nd Sep 16, 12:25 PM
    • 17,803 Posts
    • 312,653 Thanks
    aau1
    Sizzling pubs Freebie, register online
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Thanks

Either way i doubt it would work up here so i skip those kind of deals
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 12:37 PM
    • 13,626 Posts
    • 165,135 Thanks
    mhoc
    Can't fault the customer service...they have refunded £48 and I can keep both cases,,,
    anyone for sherry?
    I know Dave like red....but it's not decent like the last 2 that were in my white cases...so these 2 will definitely go in a stew.

There were some real turkeys from long ago in mine...jacobs creek wimbledon editions from 2013....and lots that look like they have been in the back of beyond for years!
    It used to be that students would drink absolutley anything but now they have very sophisticated pallets so its no use hoping that you can off load the sherry and the blue nun for some student Christmas shin dig

Possibly it might be worth offering the 0% on Olio or maybe ask on your streetlife page if any local church/school is having a bottle raffle?

I am now living in dread of the wine boxes coming if you have had the good stuff then what is left for me
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 12:42 PM
    • 25,370 Posts
    • 354,670 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I don't suppose few Elite could help me out with some prayers to St Anthony.

I've only gone and lost my old style paper driving licence, I thought I was going to get away with the renewal fee every 10 years.

Last time I remember getting it out of the zipped pocket of my handbag was on Sunday when I went to Patisserie Valerie as it said you needed ID for the voucher. I think with the confusion over whether it was 241 or £6.50 to pay I didn't zip it back in the pocket and just stuffed it in my bag. As they told me to go and sit down until they had resolved it.

I have phoned every shop I have been to since then when I would have gone to my handbag. I got out a credit note from the zip pocket in M&S on Monday but didn't notice it was not there then. I also went to the pocket yesterday as there is a little wallet I keep there and I put my JL vouchers in again not noticing it was missing. It's in a dogged eared building society passbook cover. It was only when I went to show ID for my Ts order today I noticed it was gone.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 12:46 PM
    • 25,370 Posts
    • 354,670 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    anyone for sherry?

I like sherry. Although I think Dave does too.

I don't usually go for the mystery whites as I'm a fussy booger.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 22nd Sep 16, 12:47 PM
    • 7,787 Posts
    • 45,009 Thanks
    LEJC
    Its actually the worst presented set of bottles I have ever received from them....There isn't a bottle across the 2 cases that hasn't got major label damage or a squashed top and most of them look like there were near cases of red when there was a huge explosion ...so nothing that I think can be gifted in any way...

We'll get through them and have a few laughs on the way as we usually do.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 22nd Sep 16, 12:51 PM
    • 7,787 Posts
    • 45,009 Thanks
    LEJC
    I like sherry. Although I think Dave does too.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Medium sweet ....and the bottle looks like it's already done 10 rounds with the local vagrant....

I'm wondering if I could give a trifle a go...the only problem is it's the sherry in a trifle that I dont like!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 12:52 PM
    • 25,370 Posts
    • 354,670 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Its actually the worst presented set of bottles I have ever received from them....There isn't a bottle across the 2 cases that hasn't got major label damage or a squashed top and most of them look like there were near cases of red when there was a huge explosion ...so nothing that I think can be gifted in any way...

We'll get through them and have a few laughs on the way as we usually do.
    I actually think the 0% ones are really cheeky as you are paying your good money for wine not fruit juice.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 22nd Sep 16, 12:56 PM
    • 7,787 Posts
    • 45,009 Thanks
    LEJC
    I actually think the 0% ones are really cheeky as you are paying your good money for wine not fruit juice.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I put my point across to that effect with CS ....he was understanding that a case of white wine really should contain some fermentation and not "wine style" drink....and that white wine well...should be white

I still love em!....and £48 for 24 bottles isn't bad
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 12:58 PM
    • 25,370 Posts
    • 354,670 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Medium sweet ....and the bottle looks like it's already done 10 rounds with the local vagrant....

I'm wondering if I could give a trifle a go...the only problem is it's the sherry in a trifle that I dont like!
    That will do me it's the really dry ones I don't like got some Ts finest ones once and they were yuk.

I'm a funny so and so as I like a dry fizz, can't stand anything red but will drink a sweet sherry.

Sherry trifles are the business.

I had a box of reds that had really sticky and damaged labels once but luckily they were all pretty decent wines, nothing extra special but nothing to moan about either.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 22nd Sep 16, 12:59 PM
    • 8,679 Posts
    • 138,352 Thanks
    MKS
    Good morning underperky . You need to do a c&c order for the bogof pampers nappies. It will charge you £4 because your order will be under £40 but then the code on this link takes £7 off
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/deal-code-stacking-8-cartons-quality-street-celebrations-5-that-s-2kg-chocolate-2515487
    So two packs work out @£5.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I get a £2 service charge added.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 12:59 PM
    • 25,370 Posts
    • 354,670 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I put my point across to that effect with CS ....he was understanding that a case of white wine really should contain some fermentation and not "wine style" drink....and that white wine well...should be white

I still love em!....and £48 for 24 bottles isn't bad
    You have done really well getting the whole box refunded well done.

Hope mhoc gets a good selection tomorrow, I love hearing what everyone gets in their boxes even if I haven't done an order, it's still fun.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 22nd Sep 16, 12:59 PM
    • 7,787 Posts
    • 45,009 Thanks
    LEJC
    case 1 had a bottle of Codorniu sparkling in...so it was a really mixed lot!

If I didn't have to go out tomorrow I'd order 2 more boxes just for the fun factor.
    Last edited by LEJC; 22-09-2016 at 1:02 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,440Posts Today

6,560Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: What proportion of your usual monthly spending do you do in cash (ie not plastic, bank transfer, cheque etc)

• RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Follow Martin