Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 10,899Posts
    • 31,970Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1116
    • spud01
    • By spud01 22nd Sep 16, 8:59 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 2,284 Thanks
    spud01
    Good Morning

Looks like this multibuy ending today

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87077

Little dish

3 for £5 or £2.50 each

£1.75 in tesco so should compare £7.50 v £5.25.

Returning £2.77 on £5 spend
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Also £1 coupon off little dish in the new sada mag.
    • aau1
    • By aau1 22nd Sep 16, 9:01 AM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 312,475 Thanks
    aau1
    Also £1 coupon off little dish in the new sada mag.
    Originally posted by spud01
    And free dish moc on mymail too
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 22nd Sep 16, 9:20 AM
    • 5,373 Posts
    • 74,701 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Ds1 has gone for an interview this morning so I am sat in carpark waiting for him.

We are off to Thorpe park this evening for a so my children say a "fun filled weekend", I have butterflys just thinking about it.

Off to pick up my chocolates from Tesco shortly aswell.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- £500.00
    • happylilly
    • By happylilly 22nd Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 534 Thanks
    happylilly
    Good Morning

Looks like this multibuy ending today

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87077

Little dish

3 for £5 or £2.50 each

£1.75 in tesco so should compare £7.50 v £5.25.

Returning £2.77 on £5 spend
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Sorry peeps, but I've only just discovered this lovely thread of yours, and I have to ask as I couldn't find the answer in the helpful posts at the beginning: does the APG compare the price before the promotion is applied? So even though one only spends £5, they assume it's £7.50 and compare that to T's £5.25?
    Thanks for clarifying!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 9:36 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 164,770 Thanks
    mhoc
    Yesterday I spotted leaflets in Superdrug

http://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-colour/beauty/garnier/olia/try-on-us

You need to have a leaflet with the unique number and buy your Olia in Superdrug by December 21st - I think it must be instore and not an online purchase???

http://www.garnier.co.uk/terms

This offer was on previously so I am not sure if you can apply again f you got your refund last time ????
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • aau1
    • By aau1 22nd Sep 16, 9:36 AM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 312,475 Thanks
    aau1
    Good morning Mrs Mac the code can be used for hd too so get it stored in your account because it's valid until 31.12.16
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    31/12/17

I've applied the code to each of my accounts and will cross my fingers it's still valid when I next place an order that doesn't include a basket charge

(I'm sure cos/cs will help towards that sooner or later)
    • aau1
    • By aau1 22nd Sep 16, 9:38 AM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 312,475 Thanks
    aau1
    Sorry peeps, but I've only just discovered this lovely thread of yours, and I have to ask as I couldn't find the answer in the helpful posts at the beginning: does the APG compare the price before the promotion is applied? So even though one only spends £5, they assume it's £7.50 and compare that to T's £5.25?
    Thanks for clarifying!!!
    Originally posted by happylilly
    yes, but ONLY for some multibuy promotions that are ending

don't assume this is true of all multibuys
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 10:12 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 164,770 Thanks
    mhoc
    In the post today a code from Mr Tosser - £10 off when you spend £75 on wine valid until October 17th so I expect there to be no twine mystery boxes until October 18th or at least they will tease us buy having just one case in stock so by the time you get to the checkout page it has gone out of stock
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 22nd Sep 16, 10:14 AM
    • 2,551 Posts
    • 21,905 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Di, just checked my HBase account, order is still live. No cancellation e-mails... keep those body parts crossed girl x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

31/12/17

I've applied the code to each of my accounts and will cross my fingers it's still valid when I next place an order that doesn't include a basket charge

(I'm sure cos/cs will help towards that sooner or later)
    Originally posted by aau1
    Just had my delivery and the code had been removed
    Life is a journey not a destination!

SPC9# 517 target £365
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 22nd Sep 16, 10:16 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 2,664 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Mary Berry quits bake off.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 22nd Sep 16, 10:16 AM
    • 7,750 Posts
    • 44,708 Thanks
    LEJC
    In the post today a code from Mr Tosser - £10 off when you spend £75 on wine valid until October 17th so I expect there to be no twine mystery boxes until October 18th or at least they will tease us buy having just one case in stock so by the time you get to the checkout page it has gone out of stock
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Oh but you jest....

just checked and both mystery red and white bargains are available
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 22nd Sep 16, 10:18 AM
    • 7,750 Posts
    • 44,708 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

Sat in waiting for my 2 box wine delivery that I ordered yesterday....without codes!!!!
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 22nd Sep 16, 10:18 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 2,664 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Cant seem to get on waities site today so dont know if fish deal still on. Can anyone else see it?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 10:19 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 164,770 Thanks
    mhoc
    and finally also a letter from HSBC to say finally I've been accepted for a HSBC advance account and they just need my signature. The letter is dated September 12th but I am sure I started this at least 3 weeks ago - it was taking so long I just gave up

They sent me a general letter a few days ago but that was put straight into the recycle paper box.

I cant even remember now what the rules are - how much is to go in each month and I seem to think there is a monthly saver which you can set up but I will have to look it all up again

I've got the spare account ready for switching but there is no mention of this on the letter ...
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 22nd Sep 16, 10:20 AM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 14,194 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning peeps......hope you are all well....

Mary Berry has quit Great British Bake off....sorry to see her go...The programme will NOT be the same....Probably Paul Hollywood will follow
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 10:20 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 164,770 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good morning all....

Sat in waiting for my 2 box wine delivery that I ordered yesterday....without codes!!!!
    Originally posted by LEJC
    It will all be worth it when they arrive, you will get all of the good stuff - if I even get to use the code it will all be Tesco finest and similar cooking wine
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 22nd Sep 16, 10:25 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 2,664 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Good morning peeps......hope you are all well....

Mary Berry has quit Great British Bake off....sorry to see her go...The programme will NOT be the same....Probably Paul Hollywood will follow
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme

Hope so, then maybe channel 4 will have a rethink about pinching it off the Beeb.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 10:26 AM
    • 25,323 Posts
    • 354,250 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Just had my delivery and the code had been removed
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Oh no just about to go collect my c&c
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 10:36 AM
    • 25,323 Posts
    • 354,250 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    There are double air beds in my Ts for £2.25. They are the non flocked type ie. PVC all over.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 10:37 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 164,770 Thanks
    mhoc
    Oh but you jest....

just checked and both mystery red and white bargains are available
    Originally posted by LEJC
    OMG - I actually managed to get 2 boxes of mystery white - I think it must be a year since I did the last order
    I shuffled everything around in the cellar (under the stairs cupboard) a few weeks back and thought I really ought to do some sort of stocktake - one box has expensive reds and one expensive whites plus various ciders and cidres so this will be my excuse tomorrow to drag everything out.

also weirdly the code worked but the discount was £16 - I cant figure that out unless it was the £6 free delivery coming off. So I've got 24 bottles for £80 - and I remembered to go through TCB so possibly some cashback as well - £3.36
    Last edited by mhoc; 22-09-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,962Posts Today

6,609Users online

Martin's Twitter