Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 10,899Posts
    • 31,973Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1114
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 21st Sep 16, 10:58 PM
    • 2,389 Posts
    • 40,274 Thanks
    izzy65
    We drink an unhealthy amount of cola, I have one can a day but my ds drinks loads , I buy him the diet but only full sugar for me
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 21st Sep 16, 10:59 PM
    • 11,808 Posts
    • 153,525 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Not yet but I have just started to rub my eyes as they are getting tired so won't be long for me now.

And just did a huge yawn, I haven't even finished the ironing.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    What is that? (I don't even know it I own an iron!)

Get yourself to bed girl x
    “Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself.” ~ Rumi
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 21st Sep 16, 10:59 PM
    • 11,808 Posts
    • 153,525 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    We drink an unhealthy amount of cola, I have one can a day but my ds drinks loads , I buy him the diet but only full sugar for me
    Originally posted by izzy65
    I cannot tell the difference in the taste.
    “Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself.” ~ Rumi
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 21st Sep 16, 11:16 PM
    • 4,942 Posts
    • 88,958 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Scamps why would you even post that?
    Originally posted by lookinforabargain
    Post what?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 21st Sep 16, 11:32 PM
    • 11,808 Posts
    • 153,525 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Post what?
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Sol beer... thanks x

I now have the maximum amount of alias on hotmail account! lol
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 21st Sep 16, 11:39 PM
    • 11,808 Posts
    • 153,525 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    On a serious note.... what is going to happen when the page number is 12989879883837?
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 21st Sep 16, 11:42 PM
    • 4,942 Posts
    • 88,958 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Sol beer... thanks x

I now have the maximum amount of alias on hotmail account! lol
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    try yopmail.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 21st Sep 16, 11:48 PM
    • 18,776 Posts
    • 245,444 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    MSM has updated the price now so its showing what I paid, 88p for 2kg.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    It's been this price for ages. But no-one asked me.

I think, with the M comp., it's last chance on A's Fruit & Fibre (625g). M now have packs with a new recipe and they have taken the opportunity to increase the price by 7p. They may be on the same BC as before - I may be able to see whether they are if it turns out I have that information when I go through the whole lot from today later, however it's not majorly relevant.

A are cheaper, but not by 10%. I think we may be relying on the 10% cheaper to make them better price than Aldi's version - however I have yet to do the maths to see whether that's the case and it will be belated when I get round to doing so anyway. I think on A's price (or maybe M's old one), it was the same price by weight as Aldi - I would not be surprised if that were the case - but, to get A cheaper than Aldi, it needed the M comp. A still aren't going to be 10% cheaper than M's new price - but the difference from the 10% cheaper will be about 2p. Of course it is possible that all of my stores on Monday were late changing their SELs and the APG could already have £1.32 for M - it seems less likely since, if mine had £1.25 on Monday, there would be others with £1.25 back then. I have no late changers today though - unanimous £1.32.

I think there will be a lot of alterations and additions for me to make from today's information. M seem to have put quite a few additional items onto RTC by today rather than Monday, although maybe it is just my stores now. The main offers are still on though. I think there will be a lot of change on Monday (next week) as the 'cleaning event' is due to have ended. Maybe some of the items will go to even cheaper prices.

In fact, I think we should probably just buy RTC items in M from now on and nothing else. I think, if you have the items available to you, you can stock up with quite a range of different items to cover lots of different grocery, and some non-grocery, areas. However, bear in mind that items (at least those that aren't frozen food) often go onto RTC prices on a store specific basis that are somewhat cheaper than the national RTC price. I've found yet more store specific RTC reductions, on RTC shelves, again and some of them are items that have the RTC at the much higher national price in other stores, and the stock is usually quite long dated too - it's not as if it is short dated stock that is being got rid of as a 'whoopsie'. It just depends what you get in your store. I'm sure your national RTCs, which may look good, are being beaten in some other store that has put down on RTC shelf shock and reduced them further - on a store specific basis - but you wouldn't be able to get that as it's not your store. You may find someone else's item, that has to have the national price, on cheaper RTC on the RTC shelf in your store - this can happen some weeks after the initial start of the RTC

As for frozen items, M has been putting a lot of frozen food onto RTC prices recently and I have more items again. They seem always better than any standard offer price on other pack sizes - so only go to them for their older stock that they are trying to clear out and obviously be selective (I will select for you on the list by excluding the 'bad' ones!) as other items do go up in price in order to go onto an "RTC" that is more expensive than the previous offer. Avoid the Star Wars Lightsaber lollies, even though they've had a further 'reduction' and are now £1.40 RTC. They should be maximum of £1 each (I think Aldi might still be 99p or may have gone to 70p on some - I think they have with the Minions lollies) - last offer in M, prior to the RTCs, was 2 for £2 so nobody should have any £1.40!

I finally managed to make it to Leamington Spa (Royal Leamington Spa no less!) M, which I understand is M's biggest store in the country. So my theory that that reflected online is shot through again. Unless the Chorley Cakes are showing OOS online, that would be interesting. I don't know where online is getting the information from, as I found items in Leamington that aren't online - and as you can see Leamington didn't have today items that are online. They don't have the biggest range however - there are ranges of products that aren't in Leamington that are stocked at small Ms (as well as larger ones). In fact, I was rather disappointed with the range (useful though it still was and it didn't matter as I had other ranges of items from elsewhere). I think it's simply spread out, lots of empty floor space and it's just that they are getting me to walk farther.

And, in case you think I might be quite near to Leamington, since I've managed to get back quite early, you won't be able to work it out as I set off very early this morning so I am back a bit earlier than I would have been as a result (and still quite late).

I'll see you later - there will be lots to update: probably, more so, add to! On that, I am having no luck getting rid of items from the list. Having moved the Duni Tablecovers to the lost list on Monday after not having them and seeing no 50p SEL for ages, I now have a 50p SEL in one of the stores today. I bet someone's still got the Prochef Steel Colanders haven't you, that I moved to 'lost' some time ago? They kept on the main list only thanks to a single day of reappearance in one of my stores - but that now already a while back (and after a deletion from the list only to add them back on). I have not found those again, but I suspect that there will be one store in over 500 that didn't have SELs for them and so they ended up not selling and are still there. I don't know that but I will never know what really has gone from M (if anything ever does go from absolutely every one of their stores).

Anyway, it's no hope in trying to cut the list down as the Duni Tablecovers must go straight back onto the list as one of them has now turned up again! It never went - it was always still in someone's store. I am, as usual, mentioning the irrelevant details - I just like the obscure things rather than the real money-savers - so some of those money-savers will eventually appear on the list.

Last edited by Savvybuyer; 22-09-2016 at 12:10 AM.
    M list - posts 3-12.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 21st Sep 16, 11:53 PM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 112,843 Thanks
    Anon
    Thank you for sharing the chocolate and meal deal offers - will take a look tomorrow. It will likely have been pulled, but too tired to check tonight .

Anon
    • BIG MOC
    • By BIG MOC 22nd Sep 16, 12:40 AM
    • 520 Posts
    • 7,527 Thanks
    BIG MOC

JF in stock if you wish
    Pobody's-Nerfect
    • lookinforabargain
    • By lookinforabargain 22nd Sep 16, 3:17 AM
    • 8,907 Posts
    • 147,840 Thanks
    lookinforabargain
    Post what?
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Plenty of folk seen it.
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• underperky
    • By underperky 22nd Sep 16, 6:47 AM
    • 4,549 Posts
    • 57,418 Thanks
    underperky
    Perky

Lucozade 8pk Orange or Original for £1.50 at Wilkinsons
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lucozade-8pk-orange-original-for-1-50-wilkinsons-2515481
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Good morning and thanks for that I will be heading their way today
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 22nd Sep 16, 6:50 AM
    • 2,725 Posts
    • 27,715 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 22nd Sep 16, 6:56 AM
    • 2,551 Posts
    • 21,913 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning . I resisted nappies on the tosser glitch last night as I already have over 600 in my mum's loft and Dd is only 14 weeks pregnant I had a hd booked anyway for this morning and I was using a £6 off £60 so I changed vouchers and dropped my shopping down to £40 then did a hd for tomorrow from waities ordering zippys fish. That's got a certain ring to it don't you think, like bubbs beef, zippys fish
    The excitement continues for another day on the homeb@se curtains. I would love to get a couple of pairs for Dd patio doors, the ones from la redoute yesterday and they are no good so they are going back today.
    Another busy day today, I will be glad to go to work tomorrow for a rest
    Life is a journey not a destination!

SPC9# 517 target £365
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 22nd Sep 16, 7:01 AM
    • 38,042 Posts
    • 472,997 Thanks
    bubbs
    So it was you got me spending today. Thanks bubbs.
    Sorry
    Good morning and thanks for that I will be heading their way today
    Originally posted by underperky
    Hope you are lucky and get some x

Morning all
    I keep missing jf still not got any
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015 £380
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £400 for 2016
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 22nd Sep 16, 7:02 AM
    • 38,042 Posts
    • 472,997 Thanks
    bubbs
    I missed the curtains, hope people are lucky x
    600 nappies but then a baby always poo's
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 22nd Sep 16, 7:06 AM
    • 2,694 Posts
    • 41,526 Thanks
    elainemn
    Of course, inbox me your e-mail address. x

If you see any nice/cheap ones shout at me. I need;

2 normal doors.
    2 folding doors.
    2 things that are big but I have no idea what to do with it

and lots of internal doors...

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Also keep me in the loop on this as well & can I add a garage door to this list as well please.

- Good morning everyone.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 22nd Sep 16, 7:06 AM
    • 2,725 Posts
    • 27,715 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I had a postcard through from co op telling me to keep my eye out for the new blue loyalty card. It mentioned the 5% off I didn't read it properly do you know does it only start when you get the new card or before then. TIA
    I was told a few months back that there wouldn't be any more vouchers in the post for a while while they did a transition to the new scheme, but that points would still accumulate during that time.

Yesterday my till receipt showed my points earned on yesterday's transaction, not had that showing before.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• underperky
    • By underperky 22nd Sep 16, 7:11 AM
    • 4,549 Posts
    • 57,418 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning . I resisted nappies on the tosser glitch last night as I already have over 600 in my mum's loft and Dd is only 14 weeks pregnant I had a hd booked anyway for this morning and I was using a £6 off £60 so I changed vouchers and dropped my shopping down to £40 then did a hd for tomorrow from waities ordering zippys fish. That's got a certain ring to it don't you think, like bubbs beef, zippys fish
    The excitement continues for another day on the homeb@se curtains. I would love to get a couple of pairs for Dd patio doors, the ones from la redoute yesterday and they are no good so they are going back today.
    Another busy day today, I will be glad to go to work tomorrow for a rest
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    May I ask what the tossser glitch on nappies is please

Tia
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 22nd Sep 16, 7:11 AM
    • 38,042 Posts
    • 472,997 Thanks
    bubbs
    Velvet White Tissues 4 Rolls (Pack of 10) £12.50 (Prime) / £17.25 (non Prime) @ Amazon
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/velvet-white-tissues-4-rolls-pack-10-12-50-prime-17-25-non-prime-amazon-2511900
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin