Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hannahroberts1985
    • By hannahroberts1985 15th Jun 16, 9:18 PM
    • 754Posts
    • 1,073Thanks
    hannahroberts1985
    Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.
    • 15th Jun 16, 9:18 PM
    Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track. 15th Jun 16 at 9:18 PM
    Hey everyone,

I'm Hannah I'm 30 (not sure how or when that happened my memory must be going because I only feel 21 mentally 50 physically though )my debt is shifting in the right direction and we are able to pay £200-£300 off a month but with maternity pay fast approaching I felt a diary would be a good way to keep me on track. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with my second little boy. DS1 ( darling son)is two on the 29th. We are going on a holiday to Devon Friday. Guessing all this expense has got me wanting to keep things in check. Since being so good I get panicky about spending but chunks of money. We booked a small family holiday though before DS2 arrives as we haven't been on a holiday for 4 years and wanted to take Kian before things got crazy. Everyone's got to live a little right. I'm also currently on an 8 week full paid sabbatical from work...it's great but that's also 5 extra days a week to try not spend money! I tell you this weather needs to perk up soft play isn't cheap!!

I was awful with money years back even had a diary on here
    previously. I have been cleaning debt for a few years now. I have some of my own debt and joint from buying things for our home my partner has bad credit due to a mortgage he's stuck in with his step father. ...we will cross this bridge at a later date but it is all (touch wood) on track now. Other than that he is great with money and has taught me a lot!! Me and DP (darling parter) share money fairly we both have pocket money then anything else go into the joint account/off my debt repayment. I was part time when I went back after DS1 but went full time when we were planning DS2 1) for the maternity pay and 2) I know my 8 weeks paid sabbatical was due so wanted to get full time pay for this. I have 6 weeks full time to work before maternity leave and I'm dreading it, but hey ho needs must! Think of the money I keep telling myself. I feel I am in a good place and manage money so much better than I used to. I'll share my tips with you.....when I get a chance. I will also update my signature with SOA ASAP.

Thanks for reading (if anyone is) now that's off my chest time for a bath then bed.
    Hannah

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Jessica; 18-04-2017 at 2:48 PM.
Page 30
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 30th Nov 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    Wicked, its nice to meet another Vegan generally, let alone a parent MSE one

I want rid of my debt and my fat in 2015!
    DFW nerd no 844

• hannahroberts1985
    • By hannahroberts1985 30th Nov 17, 3:18 PM
    • 754 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    hannahroberts1985
    Whay hey Laura that's ace! I'm a little worried the new vegan Pizza Hut will ruin my debt free journey tho!! Do you have a diary? X
    Deposit £13379 £20,000 66%
    emergency fund:£0/£1000
    Christmas fund £
    B/day £0
    Noodle: me: 614 DP:576 Clear: 499 DP: 414 mse:970/58%
    Family loan £7000/£6500
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 30th Nov 17, 4:04 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    No not for ages; thinking I should start a new one with maternity looming though...really looking forward to spending some time at home and getting some OS stuff done as well

I did Veganuary this year, thinking I would never last and i'm still going strong...so glad I did it

I want rid of my debt and my fat in 2015!
    DFW nerd no 844

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,810Posts Today

7,916Users online

Martin's Twitter