Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dinah93
    • By Dinah93 15th Jun 16, 10:46 AM
    • 11,131Posts
    • 45,379Thanks
    Dinah93
    The Ultimate Incentive muddles along
    • 15th Jun 16, 10:46 AM
    The Ultimate Incentive muddles along 15th Jun 16 at 10:46 AM
    Part 12. I have now been limping around these forums for the best part of a decade. I cleared it all, it all came back. It was nearly gone again, and it's grown almost to the max again. Somehow nearing that £16k debt figure always signals a change in the winds, something happens to make our finances go in a better direction for a few months, but then we hit a bump, fall off the wagon, down a cliff and into the deep dark sea. As well as a few maternity leaves and redundancy the biggest bump these last few years has been NIMs depression, where we can have no wages coming into the house for months on end, but also no ability to contribute in other ways so that I can work or even so I can do some home based money making.

While the depression isn't in the best place right now, we are both committed to making it work as best we can, and my diary has always helped me, with the support and chatter of my amazing threadies. So, time to work out where we stand, and fill you in on what we plan to do about it.
    LBM 01/11/2016
    Paid off £2,790.96/£34,345.83 (8.13%)

Met NIM 23/06/2008 Engaged 23/08/2009 Married 2010 Baby girl born 2012 - 12 weeks early Baby boy born 2014 - 11 weeks early
Page 20
    • Dinah93
    • By Dinah93 19th Apr 17, 10:49 AM
    • 11,131 Posts
    • 45,379 Thanks
    Dinah93
    Apologies in advance if I cause offence/upset as a long time lurker! I would like to say firstly how I admire how you manage everything so well!
    Just a thought re selling your house- if it is in catchment of a fab school then might it be difficult to afford to buy again at in the same area as there's likely to be a very competitive market for houses there?
    Also my tuppenceworth, for what its worth or not, re your indecision re another baby- with your history of high risk in pregnancy and premature births ,is it worth risking your own life and possibly a baby's or potentially having another very ill baby while you have so much to cope with at present with your little girl's current and possibly future health needs and hospital appointments as well as the impact of NIM's considerable mental health issues- what would happen to your little family if something dreadful happened to you in a high risk pregnancy? It sounds dramatic but tragically it happened to a family local to me.Horrible thoughts,but I can't help but urge you to consider things carefully re your broodiness. With best intentions
    Originally posted by biglass
    No that's a very fair point and the main reason why we are still on the fence, but my balance is I try very hard not to allow fear to govern any decision in life, and my obstetrician believes the risk to me are extremely low, although there would continue to be the same risk to the baby as any other micro preemie. However at the moment I'm leaning towards no more, my two are wonderful and I get so much joy from them and I assume any other child would be the same as Cinny does, however I feel going for 3 might possibly spread my time with each of them thinner than I would like, given I work evenings so I'm limited to weekends already.

We wouldn't have any issue getting another house here. It's a small town, with one secondary school (which is the amazing one) and 6 primaries - 3 are outstanding 2 are ofsted good, all of whom are undersubscribed. Looking on Rightmove there are 94 houses currently for sale within our budget in our area. We actually moved here by accident without knowing the schools were good as the houses were quite generous for the money due to being 1960s/70s and ugly as sin.
    • Call Woody
    • Email Nursery
    • Call HMRC
    • Call Car garage
    • Redirect mail again
    • Call/Email Peter
    • Update spreadsheet about house
    • Update class roster
    • Take poster to forest school
    • Pay room hire for forest school
    • Invoice JVC School for lessons
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Find Grace's uniform
    • Empty my car
    • Sort out my yoga bags
    • Pay Jean
    • Upload lake district photos
    • Upload suryalila photos
    • Upload birthday party photos
    • Send all FBA parcels to Amazon
    • Finish assignment 1 alterations
    • Finish assignment 2 alterations
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Pack for house sitting
    • Medicash claim
    • Reply to all yoga emails
    • Email George from congress
    • Email Yoga leggs
    • Contact teacher friend re website booking hosting
    Last edited by Dinah93; 19-04-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    LBM 01/11/2016

Met NIM 23/06/2008 Engaged 23/08/2009 Married 2010 Baby girl born 2012 - 12 weeks early Baby boy born 2014 - 11 weeks early
    • archersluck
    • By archersluck 19th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 2,219 Thanks
    archersluck
    thanks for the wedding wishes, we had such a perfect day! seems such a blur now. Our photographer did a blog post which makes me very excited for the rest of the photos now. Honeymoon was a blast, japan is such a cool country. Back to work was tough yesterday and OH started a new job too, we promised ourselves 6 months with no major life decisions post wedding ad we are burnt out!

How's your house move going Cinny, are you moving far?

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
    • Dinah93
    • By Dinah93 19th Apr 17, 10:29 PM
    • 11,131 Posts
    • 45,379 Thanks
    Dinah93
    • Call Woody
    • Email Nursery
    • Call HMRC
    • Call Car garage
    • Redirect mail again
    • Call/Email Peter
    • Update class roster
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Find Grace's uniform
    • Empty my car
    • Sort out my yoga bags
    • Pay Jean
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Pack for house sitting
    • Medicash claim
    • Email Yoga leggs
    • Email Linda
    • Update website
    • Email gyms, try to get more work
    Originally posted by Dinah93
    A week off and the world ends it seems - how to families cope where both work full time/single parent families?! I feel like we need a PA!
    LBM 01/11/2016

• Cinny91
    • By Cinny91 20th Apr 17, 9:56 AM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 24,995 Thanks
    Cinny91
    Your honeymoon did look fantastic, Archers! I don't blame you for taking a relaxed 6 months now, we have some spa vouchers from our birthday and our plan is as soon as we're settled in the new house we're booking a day off! We're not going far at all, just back to my hometown. Actually straight across the road from my parents

House Deposit £20,000/20,000

Weight loss 26/38lb GW: 150lb
    • Dinah93
    • By Dinah93 22nd Apr 17, 8:20 AM
    • 11,131 Posts
    • 45,379 Thanks
    Dinah93
    We've moved for the week - house sitting for friends. As much as I like spending more time with mum and dad it does feel great to have our own space again. Giving NIM a lie in then hoping he will take the kids out for a few hours so I can do some work on my essay as it's due in on Friday.

• Call Woody
    • Email Nursery
    • Call HMRC
    • Call Car garage
    • Redirect mail again
    • Call/Email Peter
    • Update class roster
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Find Grace's uniform
    • Empty my car
    • Sort out my yoga bags
    • Pay Jean
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Pack for house sitting
    • Medicash claim
    • Email Yoga leggs
    • Email Linda
    • Update website
    • Advertise new gentle class
    • Order groceries
    • Email gyms, try to get more work
    Originally posted by Dinah93
    LBM 01/11/2016

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,235Posts Today

6,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin