Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    • 1,371Posts
    • 6,339Thanks
    mary hinge
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"
    • 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!" 14th Jun 16 at 10:26 PM
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain!"

The house of Hinge has moved on hugely since I first joined Mse and started "Unhinged!" and I felt we needed a fresh page to mark the place we are at in our journey! Back in those days we were very much under a huge black storm cloud, dodging the rumbles of thunder yet these days we are very much donning our wellies and certainly jumping in lots of puddles if not doing a little dance in the rain

June marks Superman's 8th birthday, His annual meeting at school to review his progress and the beginning of his transition in to year 4!! Master H is also on the transition train and his declared his new school totally "awesome, cool, wicked!!" Missy H is looking forward to her day in the west end and her drama workshops and is on the welcoming team to show the new school recruits around on their visit days!

Debt continues to reduce on our Dmp with SC, It is time for our annual review and I have made the execuetive decision to switch to self management in view of our plans to offer full and finals when Mr H's inheritence arrives. We are currently sitting at £13k owing and aiming to clear the balances with some cheeky reduced offers...... well, like they say If you don't ask you don't get!!

I'm currently in DLA form hell with Missy H's renewal forms Why do they make them so complex?! The whole process is draining!

Health/diet/sanity wise I'm firmly on the wagon!! 34lbs gone this year so far and plenty more to go I have found a love for exercise classes and clubbersize if my favourite Thankfully the dark cloud above me seems to of upped and left and with out any external demands or stresses I'm trundling along nicely!

Now to stick the kettle on and wait for my sofa buddies with the biccies!!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
Page 7
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 6th Oct 17, 3:27 PM
    • 8,242 Posts
    • 45,754 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Sorry you are having a tough day. Emotions playing up? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in October 6/5
    Lbs lost 18/107.
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 6th Oct 17, 4:41 PM
    • 3,125 Posts
    • 27,483 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Virtual hugs heading your way. Take care.
    MM
    xx
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 6th Oct 17, 7:03 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Thanks Ladies, I need to give my head a shake I think, My mood is most certainly down to hormones, I have that rage and a face full of spots

I had a trip to Adsa for Superman some new joggers but sacked of farm foods and the farm shop and headed home I spent the afternoon sewing rather relaxing but it does mean the little Hinges have only just finished dinner
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 6th Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 8,242 Posts
    • 45,754 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    A late dinner on a Friday never hurt anyone . Take care of you Xx

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 8th Oct 17, 1:44 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Today will be a NSD as I'm refusing to get dressed or leave the house

Yesterday I did a fresh top up in aldi £23 for pack ups/fruit/veggies/bread/milk and filled the car up with petrol £52 I paid the Hinge's their pocket money last night instead of this morning they thought it was christmas early

Missy H has woken with a sore throat and stinking cold, shes on a school trip tomorrow with a very early start and a late return home hoping she will be well enough to go, plus side it's only a 4 day week for her as a teacher day closes school early for half term. School run petrol spends for half term should give us a day trip out to the zoo that Superman has been nagging for May leave him with the monkeys

Ironing mountain climbed, there will be some more to do later once the rest has dried, heating on to help with bits that can't go in the dryer. everyone walking round in sleeves and superman is in his pants we don't use the heating much

I took myself of to bed at teatime and left them all to it lastnight, the world didnt end and I feel better for the sleep. Mr H has hinted that we need a new matteress as ours is hurting his back not sure thats true or just him being quirky but no doubt that will be the next item on the long list of things to buy.

I'm resisiting eating my body weight in chocolate, I darent open the sweet tub or I may cave think its hormones. They sure are dingo a number on me this week!

Hope all is well

Mrs H
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hey lovely have just found your diary, love the name by the way! I can relate completely, I too have proper rage at the moment, and myself and the 2 small ones are in our pjs still. Have decided not going out! Going to go back and read your diary from start to finish, I don't know how I've missed it! Hope DD feels better for tomorrow.
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 8th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 8,242 Posts
    • 45,754 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Sorry to hear you are still feeling like carp. Major hugs and big pats on the back for avoiding the chocolate. Glad you put yourself first and had an early night too.

Fingers crossed Missy H can make her trip tomorrow. Your half term must be the week before us again - we don't break up until the 20th Xx

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 9th Oct 17, 11:39 AM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Hey lovely have just found your diary, love the name by the way! I can relate completely, I too have proper rage at the moment, and myself and the 2 small ones are in our pjs still. Have decided not going out! Going to go back and read your diary from start to finish, I don't know how I've missed it! Hope DD feels better for tomorrow.
    Originally posted by missymoo81
    I posted lastnight but the grmlins most of eaten it

Welcome to to cray-cray that is the house of Hinge! grab a chair and make yourself comfy, Our resident biscuit keep appears AWOL...... come back Stripes we miss you!

Hope my ramblings didn't bore you, I see from your thread you have the insomnia a good dose of my diary should put you to sleep
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 9th Oct 17, 11:42 AM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Sorry to hear you are still feeling like carp. Major hugs and big pats on the back for avoiding the chocolate. Glad you put yourself first and had an early night too.

Fingers crossed Missy H can make her trip tomorrow. Your half term must be the week before us again - we don't break up until the 20th Xx
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    We are always a week a head here, it's great in the summer as it means quieter holidays for us if we go the first week.... only way superman can cope. It does however mean you bump in to all thehome locals and usually always find someone you know

Missy H headed out to her trip bright and early, I think the lure of Harry Potter was too much for her to miss even though she looked white as a sheet and had little voice left
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 9th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    No NSD today - I met a friend for coffee and it was my turn to pay, I took my overnight oats with me to stay on plan It's the knit and knatter evening tonight so no doubt I will buy a drink tonight too but no other spends forecast.

Today is looking like a egg and chips for tea kinda day grey and miserable means comfort food

I'm ignoring the house work and snuggled under the fleece throw and shall be watching casualty, ncis and the big bang theory that I have recorded I know how to live it up
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 9th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hey, can I bring bourbons to the party or is it Stripes' custard creams only! Bless your DD being so excited about her trip! I hope she's not too pooped when she gets back. I've done nothin all day apart from go shopping and drink coffee! Think I'll do some tidying whilst watching fresh meat! Do love the 'feel' of your diary. Can't out my finger on it, but it's a nice thing sorry sound s but random, promise I'm not!
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Calm day today, Lunch with a friend, a few errands done then I finally got round to completing my Dmp review with SC. debt currently just under £12k come along way since the £25k it was a few years ago!
    payments have gone up by £21 a month looks good on paper and all that

Trying to keep motivated today but hormones are giving me hell. pjs firmly on and will only be coming off once the little Hinges are in bed and Im laid in a hot bubble bath soaking my bones!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Hey, can I bring bourbons to the party or is it Stripes' custard creams only! Bless your DD being so excited about her trip! I hope she's not too pooped when she gets back. I've done nothin all day apart from go shopping and drink coffee! Think I'll do some tidying whilst watching fresh meat! Do love the 'feel' of your diary. Can't out my finger on it, but it's a nice thing sorry sound s but random, promise I'm not!

Bourbons are always welcome! Missy H had an amazing time thanks, she is how ever exhausted today! She did make it in to school by the skin of her teeth and is currently having a snooze where she has been since she stumbled in the door

Make yourself comfy Missymoo we are a friendly bunch here!!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 10th Oct 17, 9:11 PM
    • 8,242 Posts
    • 45,754 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    More than 50% of your original debt gone . Well done you!!

Hope MissyH felt better after her nap, and you've managed to have a peaceful bubble bath Xx

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 9:22 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Bourbons are always welcome! Missy H had an amazing time thanks, she is how ever exhausted today! She did make it in to school by the skin of her teeth and is currently having a snooze where she has been since she stumbled in the door

Make yourself comfy Missymoo we are a friendly bunch here!!
    Originally posted by mary hinge
    Oh bless Missy H, Sounds a lot like me, I stumble in and often fall asleep where I land, it's usually after a night out though gosh I don't remember when my last night out was now thinking about it.... 2010 maybe pre kids??
    So who's got the biscuits today, I may have snaffled all mine... Definitely not helping my diet, and didn't do a workout today either
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    More than 50% of your original debt gone . Well done you!!

Hope MissyH felt better after her nap, and you've managed to have a peaceful bubble bath Xx
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    It's been a long slog and only half way through too! we still havent heard about Mr H's inheritence yet, not sure how long these things take but I get the feeling no one is in a rush to sort it out.

My bubble bath was bliss thanks, bit warm, had that "sat in a hot bath too long" head rush feeling

hows the feet?
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Oct 17, 9:28 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Oh bless Missy H, Sounds a lot like me, I stumble in and often fall asleep where I land, it's usually after a night out though gosh I don't remember when my last night out was now thinking about it.... 2010 maybe pre kids??
    So who's got the biscuits today, I may have snaffled all mine... Definitely not helping my diet, and didn't do a workout today either
    No biscuits here today..... I'm on the SW wagon!

Missy H is still fast asleep she is shattered! 2 days of school left for her!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 9:30 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Oh bless her, my youngest falls asleep on my every day after school, it just absolutely wipes her out! I'm trying to be good, I did turn down a donut and a cake today! How do you find slimming world? I always borrow my nans slimming world magazines as I like the recipes.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 6,339 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Oh bless her, my youngest falls asleep on my every day after school, it just absolutely wipes her out! I'm trying to be good, I did turn down a donut and a cake today! How do you find slimming world? I always borrow my nans slimming world magazines as I like the recipes.
    I'm almost 5st down Missymoo, it works for me! I love the freedom of been able to eat real food and plenty of it! It doesn't teach portion control but I guess that will naturally come as I get closer to target!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 9:48 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Wow 5st that is amazing! Well done you! I don't need to lose very much it's more toning up I'm after. But after work I just get lazy. Was in my pyjamas at 7pm!!! I'm toying with the idea of going downstairs and getting some cereal. I don't need any, I've had dinner, I've just started a habit of doing it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

377Posts Today

3,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin