Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    • 1,369Posts
    • 6,330Thanks
    mary hinge
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"
    • 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!" 14th Jun 16 at 10:26 PM
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain!"

The house of Hinge has moved on hugely since I first joined Mse and started "Unhinged!" and I felt we needed a fresh page to mark the place we are at in our journey! Back in those days we were very much under a huge black storm cloud, dodging the rumbles of thunder yet these days we are very much donning our wellies and certainly jumping in lots of puddles if not doing a little dance in the rain

June marks Superman's 8th birthday, His annual meeting at school to review his progress and the beginning of his transition in to year 4!! Master H is also on the transition train and his declared his new school totally "awesome, cool, wicked!!" Missy H is looking forward to her day in the west end and her drama workshops and is on the welcoming team to show the new school recruits around on their visit days!

Debt continues to reduce on our Dmp with SC, It is time for our annual review and I have made the execuetive decision to switch to self management in view of our plans to offer full and finals when Mr H's inheritence arrives. We are currently sitting at £13k owing and aiming to clear the balances with some cheeky reduced offers...... well, like they say If you don't ask you don't get!!

I'm currently in DLA form hell with Missy H's renewal forms Why do they make them so complex?! The whole process is draining!

Health/diet/sanity wise I'm firmly on the wagon!! 34lbs gone this year so far and plenty more to go I have found a love for exercise classes and clubbersize if my favourite Thankfully the dark cloud above me seems to of upped and left and with out any external demands or stresses I'm trundling along nicely!

Now to stick the kettle on and wait for my sofa buddies with the biccies!!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
Page 6
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 30th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    And how are YOU doing?!?!

All the rest sounds good Xx
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky

I'm keeping calm and carrying on not alot else we can do hey!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 1st Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    What a miserable wet day all thoughts of a ramble out doors in the fresh air have turned to a day in doors Superman and master H are playing nicely with the lego, I love hearing superman get frantically excited and screetchy then master Hinge calms him done in such a wonderful manner. He is currently sat on him bouncing up and down to give him some "calm down" feedback these boys melt my heart!

Missy H is bogged down with homework... the huge jump from last year is hard going but shes nailing it. same can't be said for her bedroom or chores we've had words and a reduction in pocket money inforced until its sorted

Freezer defrosted and put back together.... its meant to be frost free..... have enough main meals in there for this week coming, Spag bol, bbq chicken, cottage pie, pepsi chicken....pitta breads...wraps...pizza...oven chips... nuggets and fish fingers. I pulled out some chinese pork steaks for dinner and decided the cod fillets couldnt be saved, frost bite galore so nuked them for the cats. they think they are royalty today but really the cat food is running low and the order doesnt arrive until Tuesday

I sorted out the stores cupboards, a few things slung that couldn't be saved and plenty bagged up for the harvest assembly required donation at school.... and ingredients sat on the side ready to make a veggie bean and lentil chillie for missy H and I , I baked twinks hobnob biscuits for snacking on, the boys are like dustbins at the moment... i bet i'll be buying new uniforms at new year as they are clearly having a growth spurt .... hoping twinks may help ease supermans anxiety over the fact we have 1 egg left until tuesday

I cleared out the fridge in a bid to pull everything together.....pack lunches made for tomorrow, also, 2 lots of over night oats made for sw breakfasts uterlising some "seen better days" strawberries and a open tub of greek yoghut, I slung in the dregs of the bag of frozen berries too. Any ideas on what to do with a bowl of "seen better days but not yet slimey" mushrooms?! I'm thinking maybe slinging them in a pan with onions and frozen veggies with mayflower curry powder ready for lunch tomorrow

I have some spuds to peel, wedges and mash as they are going alittle wrinkly, I'm hiding them from Mr H or he will bin them they are perfectly usable and once cooked he has no idea they were "old"

Fabric cut out in to "packs" ready to sew when my ebay order of zips come, I am making box pouches, triangular purses and some pencil cases to go as donations to the library raffle, pta stall and some as xmas presents! Wool sorted out from stash to make some cuddle blanket squares and a few more hats for Supermans winter warmer homeless packs.... will keep me going for this week.

Ironing is also on the list of things to do today I HATE ironing

The plus side of staying in doors is today is a NSD! Hoping for more of these through out October!

Hope everyone is well!

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 1st Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    phew! Boys in bed! Chores done! ironing sort of done and I'm enjoying 5 minutes with a cuppa and a mug of lentil/bean chilli hoping to catch up on last nights casualty!

Tomorrow I need to chase up a DD that hasn't been requested for superman's swimming, it's the first one since he switched to groups. I have a contact lense check - free but I will have to pay for my first 3 months supply of lenses £39 then I'm having coffee with some other mums.

The cars have full tanks of petrol and the week a head looks all in order!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 3rd Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    What a busy day!! Email to say online shop no coming today due to a delivery malfunction so I manned up and braved Aldi and asda for the main monthly "bulk" shop. £132 in Aldi and £58 in Asda, should just be fresh fruit and fresh pack up/fridge stuff to buy weekly... still need to get cat food from the farm foods offer also.

Aiming for a no spend day tomorrow, off dog walking in the morning then have some school bits to do for some of the pta events, hoping to squeeze in a gym visit too.

Batch cook off completed today, 26 portions in total all food missy H and I will eat..... some fridged for easy meals this week coming and the rest deposited in the freezer its now full

all feels calm in the house of hinge today!

hows everyone else?

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 3rd Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 27,430 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Hello Mrs H, you sound very well organised with the food, your diet etc

It's all been a bit messy and very tiring here, mother spent 8 days in hospital and then unknown to us refused to go to the community hospital, we were all cursing the hospital for sending her home with a catheter and bags etc, having cancelled her scheduled procedure that morning.

Fast forward a week, DSis and I each spent a few days with her, she has mastered the emptying etc and is due to go in again tomorrow for the procedure, keeping everything crossed it is not cancelled again I have bounced back a little energy wise, and lined up for another day or 2 mum minding

Still not knitting, but managing a little more cooking, house keeping and getting rid of junk, so quite positive in many respects.

Take care
    MM xx
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 3rd Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Hello Mrs H, you sound very well organised with the food, your diet etc

It's all been a bit messy and very tiring here, mother spent 8 days in hospital and then unknown to us refused to go to the community hospital, we were all cursing the hospital for sending her home with a catheter and bags etc, having cancelled her scheduled procedure that morning.

Fast forward a week, DSis and I each spent a few days with her, she has mastered the emptying etc and is due to go in again tomorrow for the procedure, keeping everything crossed it is not cancelled again I have bounced back a little energy wise, and lined up for another day or 2 mum minding

Still not knitting, but managing a little more cooking, house keeping and getting rid of junk, so quite positive in many respects.

Take care
    MM xx
    Originally posted by maddiemay
    I hope all goes well for you Mum Maddie, I will be thinking of you all!

I haven't done much knitting recently, need to get cracking with christmas requests!!

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 4th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    another NSD today

Tomorrow will be spendy.... scout fees...dance fees....fat club...gym insurance...I will book tickets for fireworks tomorrow and pay the TV license in order to get a NSD friday if possible!

Nothing to report really, all remains calm and in control in the House of Hinge.... for a change!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 4th Oct 17, 7:16 PM
    • 8,237 Posts
    • 45,639 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Good luck for a loss at fat club tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in October 6/5
    Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 4th Oct 17, 7:18 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Good luck for a loss at fat club tomorrow Xx
    Thanks Lovely, I feel really bloated today so who knows what kind of week I have had!

How has your week been?
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 4th Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    • 8,237 Posts
    • 45,639 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Food wise it's been on plan apart from one meal. Not sure I can even get away with one meal out of 21 though, so see what the scales say on Friday! Xx

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 4th Oct 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    I'm sure you will of smashed it!

I've got the hunger tonight! It happens every wednesday evening, I think it's because I know I have to brave the scales!!

Count down coming out next week, going to buy a 12week one to get my 2 free weeks
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 4th Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    • 8,237 Posts
    • 45,639 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    And a free book Xx

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 5th Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    And a free book Xx
    I had a look throught the book and wasn't too impressed it may end up on ebay

1.5lbs off today, wanted a little more but i guess I can't maintain 2.5-3lbs every week!

money has been sent to where it needs to go, I with drew pocket money for the Hinges for the weekend in order to protect a NSD on sunday they get alittle addictive!

House work is on the cards today but I'm sat on the sofa with a cuppa busying myself with important admininternet surfing
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 5th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 8,237 Posts
    • 45,639 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Well done, fab loss. How much have you lost in total now?

Great idea re book and eBay Xx

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 5th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Well done, fab loss. How much have you lost in total now?

Great idea re book and eBay Xx

16lbs in the last 5 weeks but 63lbs in total

How you getting on?
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 5th Oct 17, 12:45 PM
    • 8,237 Posts
    • 45,639 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    That's amazing! You must feel so much better with almost 5 stone off. Can't wait until I can say the same. I've lost 11lbs in the last 2 weeks. Hoping to make it a stone tomorrow Xx

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 5th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    That's amazing! You must feel so much better with almost 5 stone off. Can't wait until I can say the same. I've lost 11lbs in the last 2 weeks. Hoping to make it a stone tomorrow Xx

Thats fantastic! I do feel much better although I have about the same again to losee to get to target

hard work this losing weight business!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 5th Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 8,237 Posts
    • 45,639 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Is it not! I keep losing it but it keeps finding me again . I still have about 7 stone to go .

Lbs lost 18/107.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 5th Oct 17, 1:07 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Is it not! I keep losing it but it keeps finding me again . I still have about 7 stone to go .
    We will get there Lucky!! Then we will have to fill our spare time with something else

Ive had left over tikka masala from the curry club book for lunch and it is beaut!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 6th Oct 17, 10:45 AM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 6,330 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Today wont be a NSD, already spent £15 on some new school jumpers for master H I never made it to Farm foods for cat food yesterday so have that on my list of things to do today too. Need to swing by the farm for a sack of spuds whilst I'm that way.

Busy busy busy and really I just want to crawl back to bed and hide today
    "You did good Kidda!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,605Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin