Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    • 1,313Posts
    • 6,085Thanks
    mary hinge
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"
    • 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!" 14th Jun 16 at 10:26 PM
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain!"

The house of Hinge has moved on hugely since I first joined Mse and started "Unhinged!" and I felt we needed a fresh page to mark the place we are at in our journey! Back in those days we were very much under a huge black storm cloud, dodging the rumbles of thunder yet these days we are very much donning our wellies and certainly jumping in lots of puddles if not doing a little dance in the rain

June marks Superman's 8th birthday, His annual meeting at school to review his progress and the beginning of his transition in to year 4!! Master H is also on the transition train and his declared his new school totally "awesome, cool, wicked!!" Missy H is looking forward to her day in the west end and her drama workshops and is on the welcoming team to show the new school recruits around on their visit days!

Debt continues to reduce on our Dmp with SC, It is time for our annual review and I have made the execuetive decision to switch to self management in view of our plans to offer full and finals when Mr H's inheritence arrives. We are currently sitting at £13k owing and aiming to clear the balances with some cheeky reduced offers...... well, like they say If you don't ask you don't get!!

I'm currently in DLA form hell with Missy H's renewal forms Why do they make them so complex?! The whole process is draining!

Health/diet/sanity wise I'm firmly on the wagon!! 34lbs gone this year so far and plenty more to go I have found a love for exercise classes and clubbersize if my favourite Thankfully the dark cloud above me seems to of upped and left and with out any external demands or stresses I'm trundling along nicely!

Now to stick the kettle on and wait for my sofa buddies with the biccies!!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
Page 3
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 11th Sep 16, 9:06 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    to DLA initial refusal but to reconsideration result.

Holidays sound greatand yay to school return being frickin awesome .

We had a lovely summer, just gutted it's over.

Lucky, who got a puppy yesterday for her birthday today
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    Happy birthday Lucky!!

and a puppy!! wow can't decide if your bonkers or lucky
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 11th Sep 16, 9:08 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    MM wow a new van sounds heaven! How are you feeling?

I booked our jollies for next summer on friday we are going Glamping in cornwall!! all the fun of camoing with out having to play car tetris and risking a divorce over how to pitch a tent
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 11th Sep 16, 9:14 PM
    • 3,032 Posts
    • 26,533 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Glamping sounds great. I remember the joys of trying to effect a tent in the pouring rain by the light of car headlights and skinning shins tripping over tent pegs.

Ticking over, think new meds are giving me a teeny bit of energy, was told it could take a while though.
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 11th Sep 16, 9:38 PM
    • 8,083 Posts
    • 44,591 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Happy birthday Lucky!!

and a puppy!! wow can't decide if your bonkers or lucky
    Originally posted by mary hinge
    Bonkers, surely!!

He's only 8 weeks, but hopefully he'll be a good 'body magic' coach in a few weeks after his next jabs Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in August- 1/5
    • stripes
    • By stripes 24th Sep 16, 4:04 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    stripes
    Woohoo Mrs Hinge xxx

Hope Missy Hinges school stuff will get sorted soon.

All is well here, as the kids grow older so does my schedule!

Happy days Mrs Hinge
    • Bubblesmum
    • By Bubblesmum 11th Nov 16, 12:15 PM
    • 1,055 Posts
    • 6,102 Thanks
    Bubblesmum
    Hello dear friend .......

Found your diary ..... so pleased life is on a more steady course now, still though look forward to hearing about all your achievements and encouraging you in your struggles

DLA

Happy to share Dead Fly Biscuits and a cuppa any time
    Mrs B Debt £1857 @ 13/06/2017, £1790 16/06/2017
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 13th Nov 16, 4:36 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    creeps in. *looks sheepish*

Well I blinked and now it is almost half way through November I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently! It is a mixture between being busy, not having alot to say and a dodgy laptop charger that gives me anger issues everytime I try to use it

I am continuing in my battle to balance the books, pay the bills and keep everyone fed and watered. Oh and stock up on xmas pressies in the mix lots of balls to juggle as usual so it's a good job I'm such a clutzy clown

The weightloss is going well, I am 4st down now since new year and fitter then ever. I'm back working hard in the gym and even found my love for running again! I'm not quite in the place I wanted to be in to reach a milestone goal for the turn of 2017 but I will take it for what it is and aim to get as close as i can in the next 6 weeks!

Missy H is struggling with the colder weather, to be fair we are all feeling a bit "glum" but it has really hit her hard. She continues to be a trooper and fight throught. She recently joined scouts and has found an outlet that she really enjoys that isn't school/chronic pain/eds based!

Superman is flying high! He has found a love for street dance, his new found confidence is huge and it makes my heart swell to watch him grow. School contiue to be amazing and he is making progress!

Master H LOVES school! He to is doing amazingly well and has settled in fantastically! He is working hard at training to be the next spiderman and is chanelling his energies in to his gymnastics lessons rather then diving of the back of my sofa!

Money wise the bills are paid on time, the DMP is ongoing at a really slow rate but still downwards which is a bonus! We are still waiting to hear about when Mr H's inheritence will come through but there is no hurry. Debts aren't going anywhere!

My Barclay card have sold my account on to a DC which is always helpful for later FF settlements, out of all my creditors they have been the worst to deal with so I am pleased in away!

Mr H has been tooing and throwing with one of his creditors on a old account and it appears to be unenforceable...... they are looking to settle at 20% which seems to work for us!

I am back and here to stay (fingers crossed) Laptop permitting so snuggle up on the sofa and lets get the kettle on. Loads to catch up on! How are we all? Stripes the King looking forward to xmas? Plmbl are you getting some "you" time? Bm Lovely to see you in my new abode! Maddie how are you keeping? I hope this cold hasn't had too much of an impact on you!

Mrs H xx
    Last edited by mary hinge; 13-11-2016 at 8:38 PM.
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • Fortune Smiles
    • By Fortune Smiles 13th Nov 16, 5:16 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 20,515 Thanks
    Fortune Smiles
    Nice to see you Mrs H. Glad all is going well.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 0.94% paid House Deposit Contribution: 72%

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J R R Tolkein
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 13th Nov 16, 5:56 PM
    • 4,475 Posts
    • 12,893 Thanks
    Verbatim
    All sounding amazing Mrs H. Especially wonderful to hear of the joyful progress Superman is making!
    Sorry to hear Missy H is struggling but glad she's enjoying everything she can. And Master H sounds just as he should be at his age.
    Take care of you! Congrats on your stupendous weight loss and getting back to the gym. It's what I need to do.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 13th Nov 16, 7:49 PM
    • 8,083 Posts
    • 44,591 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    All sounding fab Mrs H! 4 stone weight loss - blinkin amazing! Have brought sweet mince pies to toast your return, but I'll have to eat yours .

My heart sings at the thought of Superman doing Street Dance . Xx

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 16th Jul 17, 9:05 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    ........ creeps in The last 8 months ......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ^^^ the line has been drawn!

I have really taken my eye of the ball in regards to the house of Hinge finances. bad habits creeping back in and lots of spending for wants rather than needs.

Tomorrow we head off on holiday for the week, I have a tank full of petrol, tesco vouchers for 3 day trips out and enough onsite activity passes to keep each of the little Hinge's busy, teamed with a few beach days and I'm hoping the measley £300 holiday cash I've managed to save will feed us all and keep everyone entertained! I did hope for more savings but everyone has grown so much and in need of new summer gear, even with cheap primarni prices it ate in to the holiday fund!

I have my SC dmp review to do but it can wait until I get home, can't face it right now, balance sitting around £12k which means I'm half way through!

The summer holiday rota is all rainbow sharpies and stuck on the fridge ready for Superman to see our plans! Lots of picnics with fellow broke/skint mums trying to entertain their little darlings this summer! The autism support are doing some free day trips, we can make one to the local maize maze too expensive for us to go usually so it really is amazing the support the charity offers. I have some more tesco vouchers banked for days out to slot in between the 3 nights camping we have at the local water park with friends.... £34 each family BARGAIN! and very much a new tradition each summer!

Missy Hinge is flying high, she is doing really really well, physically she is much stronger, her pain is much better and she is doing lots of "normal" teenage things. she remains in the top 5 of her acedemic year and really is blossoming in to an amazing yound lady.

Superman really is superman, He has gone from strength to strength at his "new" school and just finished his second year. He has made massive leaps in all his subjects and is *almost age appropriate in his target levels His sleep remains ticky but manageable and he is becoming a social butterfly!

Master H has finished his first year at primary school and has really "grown" in to himself. He is a cheeky, mischievious, caring and sensitive little chap. He too is doing amazing with his work and has a gaggle of litle girls flocking around him He is a whizz at gaming and I'm sure he will make his millions that way in time to come!

I am continuing my goal to get fit and healthy, I have recently discovered mountain walking and the pleasure of very sore calf muscles and legs I am currently 4st lighter then when I started my challenge 18months ago with a long way to go.... I'm hoping I find some motivation to continue my journey some time soon!

Big spends coming up with new school uniforms all round, shoes, trainers, pe kits..... bags and lunch boxes are good for some time yet thank fully!

Master H's birthday is all sorted, the party booked and paid for just food and cake to sort, his presents are all bargains bought over the last few months that are getting even trickier to hide in the bottom of my wardrobe

Hope everyone is well, I'm sorry to of abandoned you all, I'm hoping to be more accountable to myself and this is the place to start!

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 9:10 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 2,186 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Hello and welcome back again, have a scone...
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 16th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Hello and welcome back again, have a scone...
    Originally posted by UncannyScot

Thank you! I will sniff the scone, they play havoc with my waistline!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 16th Jul 17, 10:03 PM
    • 3,032 Posts
    • 26,533 Thanks
    maddiemay
    So lovely to hear from you Mrs H, thrilled that you are all doing so well.
    xx MM
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 16th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    So lovely to hear from you Mrs H, thrilled that you are all doing so well.
    xx MM
    Originally posted by maddiemay

How are you MM? the sunshine easing your joints?

xx
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 16th Jul 17, 10:21 PM
    • 8,083 Posts
    • 44,591 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Fab to have you back! Hope you have an amazing summer Xx

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 16th Jul 17, 10:30 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Fab to have you back! Hope you have an amazing summer Xx
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    And you Lucky! I had a peep at your diry and seen you have been on your jollies! Amazing!

Mrs H xx
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 25th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    We arrived back safely from holiday and we had a fantastic time... found the cooking and washing up a grind and feel like i havent really had a rest but it was worth it to watch the little Hinges play and make memories!

Glorious sunshine, clear blue sea, torrential down pours and thunderstorms we had the works!

Shopping trip to Mr Asda today, stocked up the fridge, snacks and some yellow sticker meats for the freezer and started the dreaded school uniform shopping

This week is a recovery week, nothing planned just picnics, baking and lots of trips to the park! The washing is washed and dried and will get ironed tomorrow... I'm having a movie sing along night with Superman and master H starting with 'Trolls" and a bargain £1 chocolate orange

I've felt alittle out of sorts recently and discovered this week that we have a hitchhiker Hinge on board very unexpected suprise and i am still working my head around it.....currently in "get through the summer holidays and think about it then" camp!

Hope all is well, Stripe I have filled the bicsuit tin with custard creams today and there is a spot on the sofa with your name all over it! where are you lass?!

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 26th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Summer holiday fail number 1 it is pouring with rain and our plans for a park picnic have turned in to a technology-kids-guna-get-square-eyes type of day

I have loads of ironing to tackle, yet I am struggling to muster up the enthusiam to even think about doing it

Must do my Dmp review with SC today and do our August budget, also must order Missy H's school blazer if we stand any chance of it being here for going back to school

I have swimming invoices, guitar lessons and dance exams to pay tomorrow when TC hits the account...Sadly won't leave much spare but the fridget is full and we have nothing paid for planned for the rest of the week.

Superman is really interested in the blitz and WW2, whilst on holiday we visited a park with a huge WW2 exhibition and looked at old ration books etc.... We plan on making our own ration books and planning a weeks menu from them hoping it will encourage superman to eat something other then eggs and mash spuds

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 27th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 6,085 Thanks
    mary hinge
    a very dull but dry day here, I have made a start on the ironing mountain and everyone but me is washed and dressed think we will have a trip down to the park to burn of some of the little Hinge's energy. I feel completely shattered, I don't remember anything but the horrid sickness from previous pregnancies so this feels very new but I could sleep on a pin head and cry at fresh air for no reason

I have found a groupon offer that will save some cash and offer some entertainment for the little Hinge's on our local caming trip in a few weeks it is an activity they would do anyway whilst there so it really is a bonus! Need to make a list of what we need, I think we have everything equipment wise so just food to buy.

Must look at the timetable at the pool to fit in some lengths later this evening, I'm rubbish at swimming and very uncoordinated but it does help keep my back/hips from feeling achey/stiff and I have a long walk planned with a friend tomorrow. Bonus is it's included in my gym price so wont cost any extra from the budget.

I did August budget and it looks do-able but tight summer holiday extras and school uniforms haven't left much spare but we will do what we do best and make do, get on with it!
    we haven't any paid for days out booked in, everything is either free or covered with vouchers.

What is everyone else up to today?

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,318Posts Today

11,046Users online

Martin's Twitter