Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 647Posts
    • 395Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 83
    • miniemma
    • By miniemma 3rd Feb 18, 10:52 AM
    • 416 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    miniemma
    I was - and have nice "renew contract" red buttons on the online account.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Hmmm I have the red notification on my account (appeared a few days ago) but no email.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 3rd Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    • 1,768 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    nickcc
    Hmmm I have the red notification on my account (appeared a few days ago) but no email.
    Originally posted by miniemma
    I was informed by email earlier this week regards the electric supply and end of last week regards the gas as the fix started 3 days apart.

Still no reply from Iresa regards my request to pay the amount underpaid on my gas bill.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Feb 18, 12:29 PM
    • 4,695 Posts
    • 1,954 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Should Iresa have informed us that the Flex 4 fix is coming to an end? Mine ends on 12 March and my calculations say they should have informed us by 29th Jan at the latest.
    Originally posted by miniemma
    I had an email on 13th Jan for a contract period ending 3rd March.

Still only OutFoxthemarket beats IRESA Flex5 for me -and only by £30pa so guess I'll be staying despite my doubts about the company's long term future.
    Last edited by brewerdave; 03-02-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 3rd Feb 18, 1:39 PM
    • 3,384 Posts
    • 1,524 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Anybody with Iresa for gas? Have you had a "Customer own read" online meter read since 1st Dec 2017?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 3rd Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 1,768 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    nickcc
    Anybody with Iresa for gas? Have you had a "Customer own read" online meter read since 1st Dec 2017?
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    No, sent reading in towards end of December and again January but still showing as estimate.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 3rd Feb 18, 3:16 PM
    • 670 Posts
    • 1,678 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    I had an email on 13th Jan for a contract period ending 3rd March.

Still only OutFoxthemarket beats IRESA Flex5 for me -and only by £30pa so guess I'll be staying despite my doubts about the company's long term future.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Take a look at Octopus Energy. If you factor in the £50 cashback for using a referral link from the referrals board (and the possibilty of more cash back if a friend also uses your link) the overall cost can work out cheaper.
    Last edited by ASavvyBuyer; 03-02-2018 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typo
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 4th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 4,695 Posts
    • 1,954 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Take a look at Octopus Energy. If you factor in the £50 cashback for using a referral link from the referrals board (and the possibilty of more cash back if a friend also uses your link) the overall cost can work out cheaper.
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    ...thanks for that ,but even with £50 c/back ,for leccy only its ~ £45 more than Flex 5 with IRESA
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 4th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 5,181 Posts
    • 3,176 Thanks
    Hengus
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    That all demands on whether the deal is subject to frequent tranches of cashback from The Energy Ombudsman.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 4th Feb 18, 11:18 PM
    • 1,110 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    darren72
    How have others managed to get refunds from their banks for the overpayments made to Iresa that Iresa are failing to refund? Been trying since October to get the credit balance of over £350 refunded following the move to another provider, but they just ignore us.

I've contacted my bank to try and get £350 worth of direct debits reversed but they just say that as the 'agreed amounts' were taken by direct debit on the dates they stated there is nothing they can do... ???

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by darren72; 04-02-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 5th Feb 18, 8:13 AM
    • 5,181 Posts
    • 3,176 Thanks
    Hengus
    How have others managed to get refunds from their banks for the overpayments made to Iresa that Iresa are failing to refund? Been trying since October to get the credit balance of over £350 refunded following the move to another provider, but they just ignore us.

I've contacted my bank to try and get £350 worth of direct debits reversed but they just say that as the 'agreed amounts' were taken by direct debit on the dates they stated there is nothing they can do... ???

Any help appreciated.
    Originally posted by darren72
    Your Bank is correct. My advice would be to write to the supplier with a Letter Before Legal Action

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/small-claims/going-to-court/taking-court-action/step-one-write-a-letter-before-action/

If you fail to get a satisfactory response, you may have to take the supplier to The Small Claims Court.
    • Blackdog
    • By Blackdog 5th Feb 18, 8:44 AM
    • 436 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    Blackdog
    Despite having submitted gas and electric meter readings on 30 Jan Iresa have now estimated both readings for 31 Jan. This is the first time they have estimated readings and both are under estimated. Still no show of my gas meter readings from October onwards, even the recent one is not showing. The pages on my account that usually show the latest position with usage and cost are blank.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 5th Feb 18, 9:07 AM
    • 1,768 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    nickcc
    I've also noticed that Iresa no longer post on their Facebook page, the last post was in December when they asked if the could assist any customers. Perhaps this is indicative of the degree of trouble they may be in.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 5th Feb 18, 9:57 AM
    • 4,695 Posts
    • 1,954 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I've also noticed that Iresa no longer post on their Facebook page, the last post was in December when they asked if the could assist any customers. Perhaps this is indicative of the degree of trouble they may be in.
    Originally posted by nickcc
    They appeared to be on Twitter last week....but doesn't look like much got sorted !!
    • philng
    • By philng 5th Feb 18, 10:20 AM
    • 562 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    philng
    Gas meter readings being ignored like others. Iresa estimate is under estimated.

Switch request to AVRO today with estimate completion 5/3/18.

Wish me luck getting the Gas readings sorted & refund of over payments!

TBH had no issue with Iresa BUT have never had to contact them. Have no e mailed & facebook messaged them re Gas readings not expecting a prompt response!
    • davidrobertson6478
    • By davidrobertson6478 5th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davidrobertson6478
    Iresa
    Just wanted to warn people about Iresa. I've just had a 4 month battle with them to get my rebate as I had changed to a new supplier. They were a nightmare. I gave them what they asked for and had my new supplier send them the information but they said they didn't receive it, twice! Eventually I had to threaten them with reporting them to the ombudsman. Like I said, it took 4 months to finally get my rebate back. I would advise staying away from them. Hope this information helps others.
    • quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 5th Feb 18, 5:45 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    quiet advisor
    I see that someone has started an "Iresa unhappy customers" thread on Facebook.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 5th Feb 18, 6:54 PM
    • 1,768 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    nickcc
    I see that someone has started an "Iresa unhappy customers" thread on Facebook.
    Originally posted by quiet advisor
    Just liked the page and added my input.
    • webbit
    • By webbit 5th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    webbit
    dd
    i hate the fact these energy companies have direct control of our bank accounts on direct debits
    • webbit
    • By webbit 5th Feb 18, 8:14 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    webbit
    they've gone quiet on me again so im going to cancel direct debit again, im hoping to switch but they blocked my swap because of £3 debt..so the final bill they will have to contact me
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 5th Feb 18, 8:23 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Al Ross
    They have changed their website,we are no longer able to enter new support tickets.

Although they add their meter readings resolved to it every month.

They have added their own estimated reading 7 days after I passed proper readings.Their 7 days estimate is more than my total months consumption.

Emailed them,left message of facebook nearly a week ago,no response.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,207Posts Today

8,005Users online

Martin's Twitter