Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 613Posts
    • 374Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 69
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 7th Dec 17, 8:56 AM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    it [a refund of my excess credit] has been passed to finance
    Originally posted by molerat
    I've never had any Iresa tickets closed without action
    Originally posted by footyguy
    "passed to finance" is a dead-end; But if you or anybody else reading has had excess credits refunded I'd like to hear.
    Hi, weve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 7th Dec 17, 9:06 AM
    • 4,593 Posts
    • 1,908 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Put my end of November reading in on 28th; normally "charges" for the month ended are shown on the Account page by now -but nothing yet. Presumably its all tied in with the current billing issue.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 7th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    • 3,863 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    footyguy
    ...or anybody else reading has had excess credits refunded I'd like to hear.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Hopefully, most people won't have excess credits they wish to have returned.

They would have used an accurate annual anticipated conumsption figure in the first place, and so got an accurate result from a comparison site that took them to Iresa in the first place.

But if something does occur after applying, the supplier is prepared to re-assess the monthly amount paid after 6 months, as per the terms a customer agreed to.

If you deliberately try to over-credit the account to earn the 4% interest, the supplier reserves the right not to pay any interest.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 7th Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 475 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Iresa have been true to their word, and last night the Direct Debit refund of my credit balance reached my bank account.

I still can't actually download the final bills, because the link returns file not found, but since I ran my own calculations in parallel I know that the refund is correct.

9 weeks and 1 day since the date of switch.

They would have used an accurate annual anticipated conumsption figure in the first place, and so got an accurate result from a comparison site that took them to Iresa in the first place.

But if something does occur after applying, the supplier is prepared to re-assess the monthly amount paid after 6 months, as per the terms a customer agreed to.

If you deliberately try to over-credit the account to earn the 4% interest, the supplier reserves the right not to pay any interest.
    It isn't always that simple. I built up a credit (beyond the normal winter surplus) because I provided the previous years usage. That turned out to be innacurate, because changing the shower meant less electric and more gas, but since I didn't know how much it would change my prediction was off (I also wasn't aware at sign up that Iresa would keep the balances for each fuel separate).

It wasn't a massive credit in my case because I keep a close eye on my consumption, most people don't.

The supplier is, notionally, prepared to re-assess the DD to avoid an excessive surplus, but the majority of complaint's are about them failing to do so in a timely manner.

Also, if people were deliberately over-crediting for the interest, they wouldn't be complaining about the difficulty in getting it back.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 17,472 Posts
    • 11,698 Thanks
    molerat

75 of my current 165 credit is a gift on the orders of the ombudsman
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 8th Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,491 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Put my end of November reading in on 28th; normally "charges" for the month ended are shown on the Account page by now -but nothing yet. Presumably its all tied in with the current billing issue.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    We provided electric meter readings on 30th November and they showed on-line a few days later.

Checked this morning and the account transactions have been updated correctly. Now just need the actual Bills/Statements for October & November.

Ended the first year with Iresa, with a credit/debit balance within 5 based on the estimated consumption used for setting the DD, plus the minor changes that I have requested that they have acted upon within a few days.

Now on the new tariff v4 for the next year, which still shows as the cheapest option available for our area & consumption.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30 pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 8th Dec 17, 12:07 PM
    • 4,593 Posts
    • 1,908 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Nothing showing on my Account Management page since DD was received on 23rd November.
    The banner on the site page now says that October and November bills will be available by 10th working day in Dec.
    Also, amusingly, it says that telephone enquiries from 8th Dec to 2nd Jan. will be available from 9am til 5pm - that'll be a major improvementthen.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 8th Dec 17, 12:45 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    ...Also, amusingly, it says that telephone enquiries from 8th Dec to 2nd Jan. will be available from 9am til 5pm - that'll be a major improvementthen.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Is the phone still in the UK? Probably gone abroad by now ;-)

Anybody good with numbers? I know we're waiting for a "bill" but that hasn't stopped debits occurring. Could somebody check this odd debit please? Appears to be a double charge for November's gas but perhaps its just Iresa's "peculiar way" of doing things. PS. we do use alot of gas over Winter. And the meter reads are correct.

Hi, weve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 8th Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    • 17,472 Posts
    • 11,698 Thanks
    molerat
    Looks like a double charge to me. Still using a non conforming multiplier I see - equates to a CV of 39.427364 which is a breach of their licence conditions.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 8th Dec 17, 4:25 PM
    • 475 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Looks like a double charge to me. Still using a non conforming multiplier I see - equates to a CV of 39.427364 which is a breach of their licence conditions.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Only if they use that exact figure for billing. The 11.2 may itself be truncated for display purposes.

I say this because the last bill I actually got from them did (finaly!) show the correct CV, and working back from the total confirmed that's what they'd used, rather than the 11.x multiplier that was also shown.

Doesn't explain the double billing, although I did have something similar in my transactions for a few days that disappeared before they manually backdated the final readings.
    Last edited by Raxiel; 08-12-2017 at 4:42 PM.
    • quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 9th Dec 17, 4:32 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    quiet advisor
    Its a great pity that Iresa is struggling to provide an acceptable level of timely and accurate billing. Prices are good and help competition, but they really do need to get the act together. I've been with them for over six months and they have been unable to generate an electricity bill in that time - readings fail validation every month but Iresa does nothing about it.

Similar to some others, I have experienced tickets being closed off as resolved when that is not the case. I imagine it possibly helps to meet some internal Iresa target on outstanding tickets - e.g. close it off in order to make the stats look good - the issue then is that Iresa then has no control over outstanding actions, its down to the customer to shout again.

I have also noticed that I am being charged a slightly higher amount for Gas above the rate on the contract - I have raised a ticket on this to seek resolution.

My view on energy is that I want good prices and service - I'm receiving the former but not the latter - so will probably switch away once the accounts are put on an accurate basis, even though it might mean paying a bit more for better service - I don't want to continue spending an excessive amount of time monitoring energy bills.

QA
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 11th Dec 17, 10:20 AM
    • 475 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    Raxiel
    I have also noticed that I am being charged a slightly higher amount for Gas above the rate on the contract - I have raised a ticket on this to seek resolution.
    Originally posted by quiet advisor
    Is it 5% by any chance? Looking back at my Iresa Contract, they gave the ex-VAT prices - which is the bit they control, most suppliers include the VAT with a disclaimer saying the price will change if VAT changes. Both methods have their merits IMO but it's an extra step to consider when comparing.

I'd expect the same 'error' to appear on the electricity but if you've not had a bill you wouldn't know. Another 'issue' I had with them was the per unit cost printed on the bill itself was truncated compared to the contract*1.05 value, but working back from the total they were using the correct figure for the actual calculation.
    Last edited by Raxiel; Yesterday at 4:05 PM.
    • macman
    • By macman 11th Dec 17, 10:36 AM
    • 41,418 Posts
    • 17,040 Thanks
    macman
    Still no bills for October or November. But the 10th working day of the month will be 14/12. Why can't they just give an actual date?
    I suspect they are just making it up as they go along.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 11th Dec 17, 8:35 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    quiet advisor
    "Is it 5% by any chance? Looking back at my Iresa Contract, they gave the ex-VAT prices - which is the bit they control, most suppliers include the VAT with a disclaimer saying the price will change if VAT changes. Both methods have their merits IMO but it's an extra step to consider when comparing."

Its in the rounding I now realise - the contract price for gas is 2.686p but the account says 2.69p. I now realise that Iresa has actually used the correct contract rate when calculating the charge in the account, although the account does not tell you.

I will switch in due course for a quieter life with a different supplier. I've switched about 16 times since domestic competition was introduced and this has been the most disappointing experience to date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,562Posts Today

7,638Users online

Martin's Twitter