Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 615Posts
    • 374Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 68
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 30th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 2,816 Thanks
    Hengus
    We have a high Summer credit too. Using twitter I got a quick reply to say "ticket submitted for refund or partial refund within 10 days". Heard nothing. Non-existing back-office Customer Service. However, with the cold weather having started in earnest, we'll be chomping through that money in no time at all. Although we're all covered in case (surely more a case of when) they go bust, I suggest taking regular snapshots of your account in case it disappears when the company disappears.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    You are covered in any event under the Supplier of Last Resort which now includes consumer credit protection.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 30th Nov 17, 2:33 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    Raxiel
    We have a high Summer credit too. Using twitter I got a quick reply to say "ticket submitted for refund or partial refund within 10 days". Heard nothing. Non-existing back-office Customer Service. However, with the cold weather having started in earnest, we'll be chomping through that money in no time at all. Although we're all covered in case (surely more a case of when) they go bust, I suggest taking regular snapshots of your account in case it disappears when the company disappears.
    One point in Iresa's credit (of which there are few) is that they email you a copy of your meter readings as they are submitted, so even if the online account were to disappear completely one day, between their emails and the bank records of DD's paid, it shouldn't be too difficult to reconstruct the transaction history. (Only complication is figuring out the 4% credit interest since you get double in the months Iresa don't process the meter readings!)

I still agree with you about regular snapshots. The download function on the transaction tab is handy for that.

Oh yes, and almost a week after they acknowledged my complaint and said they'd raise the bill manually... nothing has happened. If only we had a blank face emoticon to express my surprise.
    • macman
    • By macman 30th Nov 17, 3:32 PM
    • 41,422 Posts
    • 17,043 Thanks
    macman
    Did anyone ever receive an October bill from Iresa? I just thought I'd ask, as the November one is nearly due now...
    Iresa seem to have lapsed once more into their non-response mode. I submitted a formal complaint a month ago after they repeatedly failed to refund my excessive credit balance after agreeing to do so, but have had no reply. So come New Year's Day I'll be going back to the Ombudsman again no doubt.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Farway
    • By Farway 30th Nov 17, 3:49 PM
    • 5,730 Posts
    • 7,734 Thanks
    Farway
    Did anyone ever receive an October bill from Iresa? I just thought I'd ask, as the November one is nearly due now...
    Iresa seem to have lapsed once more into their non-response mode. I submitted a formal complaint a month ago after they repeatedly failed to refund my excessive credit balance after agreeing to do so, but have had no reply. So come New Year's Day I'll be going back to the Ombudsman again no doubt.
    Originally posted by macman
    There was note about late Oct bills on the web site Tuesday when I submitted my reading
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 30th Nov 17, 3:51 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    On Twitter, yesterday (29/11) from @IresaEnergy "Hello, October bill's will be released at the end of next month along with your November bill" The end of next month? Sounds like somebody's packing their bags (with lots of Summer credits) and jetting off to somewhere warm (and tax free). Hohoho.
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 30-11-2017 at 3:54 PM.
    Hi, weíve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 1st Dec 17, 11:04 AM
    • 4,594 Posts
    • 1,908 Thanks
    brewerdave
    My November reading is now showing on the readings history and the mystery "suppliers own reading" from 31st October ,has disappeared.
    • macman
    • By macman 1st Dec 17, 12:09 PM
    • 41,422 Posts
    • 17,043 Thanks
    macman
    On Twitter, yesterday (29/11) from @IresaEnergy "Hello, October bill's will be released at the end of next month along with your November bill" The end of next month? Sounds like somebody's packing their bags (with lots of Summer credits) and jetting off to somewhere warm (and tax free). Hohoho.
    It would be nice if Iresa could inform it's customers of billing issues without them having to check it's Twitter account. The note about delayed billing that appeared when you log in online is no longer showing up.
    I received a reply from Iresa saying that , after a month, my refund request had been escalated from 'priority' to 'high priority'. Presumably, if I chase in another month, that might be upgraded to 'top priority'? Or am I being too optimistic?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Blackdog
    • By Blackdog 1st Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 428 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    Blackdog
    I also didn't get an October statement from Iresa but it now seems clear that nobody did and we will have to wait another month.

Iresa didn't use my gas meter reading for September for some reason so the last calculation for gas used was end of August. This means my gas credit is building up however they are paying interest on it. It's annoying that it isn't working as it would be a great system if you could know exactly where you stood with your account every month. Electricity account seems to be fine (touch wood). My electricity account is consistently in credit and I suspect my gas account will be in debit once they have caught up with their billing calculations. Does anyone have any experience of how Iresa deals with this, do they transfer some of the electricity credit to the gas account? I have never had a supplier before who splits the direct debit between electricity and gas so would be interested to know how Iresa reconcile it.
    • martyp
    • By martyp 1st Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    martyp
    Just to mention the repeat charges issue on my account has now been fixed, I didn't call them, they responded to my support ticket and facebook message and advised the issue would be resolved in 2 weeks and it has. No bill for October but charges going up to 21st October showing on the account.
    • Ubique
    • By Ubique 2nd Dec 17, 5:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ubique
    Hi I went to Iresa as they are indeed the cheapest suppliers at this time. However trying to get any kind of response out of them regarding my account has been fruitless. I have a large amount of credit in my gas account and a debit in my electric account. As they would not or will not reply to my complaints I have stopped the DD and the difference that I owe them is £10.27. I have searched for their bank details to pay the difference but to no avail. My meter readings are upto date. If it goes on much longer I'll just switch to the next cheapest supplier. They may be the cheapest but they are by far the least professional company I've used so far.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 3rd Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    darren72
    Has anyone had any issues with meter readings submitted not being reflected online ?

My sister submitted her reading 2 weeks ago and it is still not showing online ?
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 3rd Dec 17, 2:48 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    My readings taken a week ago appeared today. I suggest no panic (apart from the usual "wish I hadn't joined") but submit again when convenient.

The main question is, will billing (now 2 months behind) happen in December? I assume the energy producers have to be paid at some point?
    Hi, weíve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • m0bov
    • By m0bov 3rd Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 761 Thanks
    m0bov
    It took me 7 months of fighting to get my final bill from them, which varied from hundreds of pounds to them owing me! In the end got it sorted, no thanks to EO who kept getting fobbed off by Iresa.

I strongly suspect they are/have gone under I dont know how they can keep afloat.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 4th Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 2,690 Thanks
    nigelbb
    I still havenít had a final bill & itís almost four months since I moved out. Iím not bothered as anticipating problems I stopped paying the DD before I moved so according to the readings I owe them money not vice versa. I moved house so havenít had any problems with transferring to a new supplier although the new resident of my old place my be suffering.
    • kevinyork
    • By kevinyork 5th Dec 17, 2:42 PM
    • 1,196 Posts
    • 572 Thanks
    kevinyork
    I switched in Feb 17, really regretted it.

Took them 3 months to set up my electricity meter on the account so I couldnt supply the opening readings then when they allowed the readings they billed me using an incorrect reading so overcharging me. Now been three months of support tickets, phone calls and facebook messages and am just told that they are liaising with my previous supplier to rectify it. Meanwhile Im in debt on my electricity and in credit on my gas but with a debit balance overall which would turn into a credit overall if they ever resolved the issue.

I switched after 7 months due to numerous errors, double billing of the same useage, lack of responses to service tickets and im still having to chase them for my refund. i sent them a formal complaint 8 weeks ago to which I've had no response.

I would say to anyone, I would be happy to pay £100 more a year with another supplier than ever have to deal with this sham of a company.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 5th Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,536 Thanks
    footyguy
    I switched in Feb 17, really regretted it.

Took them 3 months to set up my electricity meter on the account so I couldnt supply the opening readings then when they allowed the readings they billed me using an incorrect reading so overcharging me. Now been three months of support tickets, phone calls and facebook messages and am just told that they are liaising with my previous supplier to rectify it. Meanwhile Im in debt on my electricity and in credit on my gas but with a debit balance overall which would turn into a credit overall if they ever resolved the issue.

I switched after 7 months due to numerous errors, double billing of the same useage, lack of responses to service tickets and im still having to chase them for my refund. i sent them a formal complaint 8 weeks ago to which I've had no response.

I would say to anyone, I would be happy to pay £100 more a year with another supplier than ever have to deal with this sham of a company.
    Originally posted by kevinyork
    It's been an awful long time since last February to be with a supplier you regret switching to and would be happy to pay £100 more a year with another supplier.

One can onluy imagine why you have not switched to one of those more expensive suppliers...
    (particularly when there is no exit fees to worry about with Iresa)

Good luck!

Edit: You posted last March that you were unhappy
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72289960&postcount=97

Is your mum still with them too...???
    Last edited by footyguy; 05-12-2017 at 4:04 PM.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 5th Dec 17, 4:55 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Just had notification that my final bill has been raised. The bill pdf itself isn't available (link goes nowhere) but the meter readings/transactions tabs now have the correct amount and the total credit to be refunded is Correct*.
    *They removed the 49p interest from October, which is a bit irritating given how long they kept me waiting, and the fact I had to pay the price of a stamp to get their attention, but not enough to move me to complain.

If the refund actually shows up in my bank in the next couple of days it will be nine weeks from the date of switch.
    Not the six the SLC states it should be, but not as bad as it could have been.

The moral of the story there is: If Iresa are slow to raise your final bill, make a written complaint, and include a copy of your first bill with the opening reads from the new supplier, don't wait for them to ask, just send it.

One interesting thing, they also sent emails advising the refund was on its way via DD.
    Now, I didn't have an active direct debit set up, since I didn't want any 'accidental' payments taken after I left, but I was under the impression you need an active DD for them to be able to refund via DD as well. Otherwise it had to be a cheque. At least, that was E.ON's stance on the matter earlier in the year.

I did set up a new DD mandate (with a note that its just for the refund and I'll reverse any 'accidents' their computer makes) to make sure it could be paid, but I do have to wonder if my impressions were correct.

Either way, glad to get it resolved before Christmas.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Dec 17, 5:08 PM
    • 17,478 Posts
    • 11,705 Thanks
    molerat
    Just asked for a refund of my excess credit. Got a reply back within 2 hours (shocked) that it had been passed to finance. Was it a real person reply or have they got an intelligent bot answering the tickets ? We shall wait and see, certainly not going to spend it in advance.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 6th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Just asked for a refund of my excess credit. Got a reply back within 2 hours (shocked) that it had been passed to finance.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Doesn't mean a thing (usually) I'm afraid. A ticket will be raised and ignored or closed without action.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 7th Dec 17, 8:26 AM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,536 Thanks
    footyguy
    Doesn't mean a thing (usually) I'm afraid. A ticket will be raised and ignored or closed without action.
    I've never had any Iresa tickets closed without action ... save for the ones that are created whenever they send out an automated email (e.g. for a monthly meter read)

But no matter whether it remains OPEN, or is marked as RESOLVED, it remains on the account, so there is always a date when the issue was first raised with the supplier.
    8 weeks from that date, if not actually resolved to your satisfaction, then it's off to the ombudsman.

In this case, the poster says they got a reply to the OPEN issue within 2 hours. The reply appears to come from a real person, as automated responses from Iresa are usually clear to identify.
    Last edited by footyguy; 07-12-2017 at 8:28 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

3,045Users online

Martin's Twitter