Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 615Posts
    • 376Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 64
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 12th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Has anyone on here got to the end of their 1 year contract for electric & renewed with Iresa for another year on their latest tariff?
    Unlike others, we have not had any problems with Iresa supplying us with electric and producing bills on time that accurately match the readings we give each month.
    Therefore, as they are still, for us, the cheapest tariff for electric, we are planning to switch to another 1 year fixed contract, hopefully before the price increases!
    Would be useful to know what experience other customers had when switching electric fixed tariffs with Iresa.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    Raxiel
    My switch away from Iresa has gone smoothly (ironically I've already had to raise a formal complaint with the new supplier, something Iresa never moved me to do). Just remains to see how long it takes to get the credit balance back.

Has anyone on here got to the end of their 1 year contract for electric & renewed with Iresa for another year on their latest tariff?
    Unlike others, we have not had any problems with Iresa supplying us with electric and producing bills on time that accurately match the readings we give each month.
    Therefore, as they are still, for us, the cheapest tariff for electric, we are planning to switch to another 1 year fixed contract, hopefully before the price increases!
    Would be useful to know what experience other customers had when switching electric fixed tariffs with Iresa.
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    It does seem like, if you're not one of the people who's account had problems getting set up in the first place, things tend to go pretty well and there's no real reason to leave.
    • miniemma
    • By miniemma 12th Oct 17, 10:48 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    miniemma
    You would seem to have a perfect reason to complain to the ombudsman service for their own failure in service. i.e. causing unnecessary delays.

<snip>

Here is how to complain about the OS
    https://www.ombudsman-services.org/for-consumers/service-standards

<snip>
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Thanks Footguy, I complained using the link you gave me and received this nondescript reply:

Dear MiniEmma

Thank you for your ‘Unhappy with our service’ form which we received on 9 October 2017.

As your complaint is referring to the implementation of the remedy agreed with Iresa Limited, it has been passed to our remedy implementation team as the most appropriate department to respond.

Yours sincerely
    Nicola Johnston
    Customer Relations

I also sent them all the information about my phone conversation with SMS and received this similarly 'useful' reply:

Dear MiniEmma

Thank you for your email received on 7 October 2017, regarding Iresa Ltd.
    We note your comments however as soon as we receive further information from Iresa Ltd, we will be back in contact with you.

Yours sincerely
    Susan Keithley
    Case Administration Officer
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 13th Oct 17, 11:12 AM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    katies mum
    ASavvyBuyer, if the price is right (2nd December when our contract finishes) we will renew with Iresa.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 13th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer, if the price is right (2nd December when our contract finishes) we will renew with Iresa.
    Originally posted by katies mum
    Have just renewed our contract for electric with Iresa. Was very easy to do; went to the online account, called up the details page and there were the options to switch to the latest tariff when the current fix expires. You are able to do this when within 49 days of the current contract end.
    Received an email confirmation immediatly confirming the new rate (ex VAT) and the start date of the new fixed contract.
    Therefore, for us in South Wales, still on the cheapest rate available for our consumption of electric for another year
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 16th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Just realised this morning -haven't rec'd an email re availability of Sept. bill -and it isn't on web site altho' the account is showing the charges and interest at end of Sept.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 16th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 3,272 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Just realised this morning -haven't rec'd an email re availability of Sept. bill
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Billing emails have been a bit sporadic but, yes, September bill is now due.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 17th Oct 17, 9:33 AM
    • 6,396 Posts
    • 5,170 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    I've just looked through my bill history by clicking the blue bill history button for individual bills. Many of the bills have todays date on them or 3rd of September 2017. December 2016 bill is dated 17 October 2017. January to April 2017 bills dated 3rd of September 2017.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th Oct 17, 10:10 AM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    brewerdave
    There is now a splash screen on IRESA site explaining that bills have been delayed due to a "technical issue"
    My previous bills seem to be OK on the new portal?
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 17th Oct 17, 10:25 AM
    • 6,396 Posts
    • 5,170 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    My previous bills seem to be OK on the new portal?
    After downloading and opening them? Mine are showing the wrong date on both old and new portals.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th Oct 17, 10:35 AM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    brewerdave
    After downloading and opening them? Mine are showing the wrong date on both old and new portals.
    Originally posted by Norman Castle
    Ah right; see what you mean -I have all my previous bills downloaded and they show correct dates but opening them again from the website, the bill dates are seemingly random
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 17th Oct 17, 11:48 AM
    • 3,272 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Regarding September's bills, Iresa told me (on Twitter) "There has been a bit of a delay, please expect to receive your September bill in the next few days"
    My pessimistic (or optimistic - you decide!) self says that if Iresa were going to go under, now would be their "best" time as many customers accounts are in credit. And they've had all those fines to pay.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    • 4,648 Posts
    • 2,821 Thanks
    Hengus
    And they've had all those fines to pay.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Plus the £400 per case Energy Ombudsman referral fee.
    • Boxman
    • By Boxman 17th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Boxman
    I am not prepared to hang onto the phone for an hour waiting to get through to someone and because of this, coupled with their lack of response to e-mails, I have switched away from them effective 5th October. There is a small financial penalty with the new tariff but I can live with this for the better serice. At the switch date my Iresa account is well in credit (by a sum equivalent to getting on for three monthly payments) yet I have just received an e-mail from them saying that they intend to take a dd payment on the 20th Oct.

To hopefully prevent this from happening I have blocked their dd mandate with my bank and e-mailed them to tell them that I have done so.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th Oct 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Now the splash screen says that new tariffs are coming 1st November to replace Flex4 -suspect they will be (considerably) more expensive !!
    • Don Harrington
    • By Don Harrington 17th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Don Harrington
    Very Poor Customer Service

Despite low price my account has accumulated almost £500 in credit balances (across gas and electricity). Spoke with support person on 4th September, after 30 minutes call wait,who submitted request to finance team to reduce direct debit. No action so emailed on support ticket again 4th October when reply said ticket was escalated. Emailed again 16 October to report no further action taken. Spoke to them again today (another 30 minute wait) to be told the same as on 4th October.

Customer service is appalling, unresponsive and inefficient. If these things matter to you please AVOID this supplier.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 4,648 Posts
    • 2,821 Thanks
    Hengus
    Now the splash screen says that new tariffs are coming 1st November to replace Flex4 -suspect they will be (considerably) more expensive !!
    That's odd. I can think of no other supplier that announces a change in its fixed tariff ahead of the change date. I assume that those on SVTs already know what the change will be if it is an increase?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th Oct 17, 6:08 PM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    brewerdave
    That's odd. I can think of no other supplier that announces a change in its fixed tariff ahead of the change date. I assume that those on SVTs already know what the change will be if it is an increase?
    Originally posted by Hengus
    As far as I understand it ,there is no SVT for eleccy only customers;I believe that there is one for duel fuel customers, but as they apparently were offering the same Flex4 Fixed rates for those coming to the end of their previous deals,there can't be many customers on an SVT deal currently.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 17th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 3,272 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    my account has accumulated almost £500 in credit balances (across gas and electricity).
    Originally posted by Don Harrington
    I've a healthy "Summer" credit too; what, if anything, are suppliers obliged to do about this? Pay it back on request? Reduce DD? I'm expecting to use most of the credit over Winter - are you in the same position? If so, relax and have a beer. Just keep a copy of statements to that if (when?) Iresa go bust the regulator can step in and pay the credit themselves.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 4,648 Posts
    • 2,821 Thanks
    Hengus
    As far as I understand it ,there is no SVT for eleccy only customers;I believe that there is one for duel fuel customers, but as they apparently were offering the same Flex4 Fixed rates for those coming to the end of their previous deals,there can't be many customers on an SVT deal currently.
    CEC quotes dual fuel and electricity only SVT tariffs for me. It will be interesting to see how this announcement plays out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,434Posts Today

7,307Users online

Martin's Twitter