Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 606Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 60
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 8th Sep 17, 3:47 PM
    • 4,202 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Hengus
    I have been with Iresa since January. I had recently moved home so was unsure of consumption and Iresa have set it too high.

I am currently £340 in credit. This month I will be in £400 credit. I have been asking for 6 weeks via twitter to get £200 refunded leaving a buffer for winter. They agreed and passed it onto their accounts but after 4 messages they still have not credited my account.

I hope they do not go bust in the meantime.

Xx
    Originally posted by ladymarmalade222
    If a supplier fails, then your credit is 100% protected by the Ofgem Consumer Levy and it will be re-paid to you by the supplier appointed by Ofgem (Supplier of Last Resort).
    • The Reaper
    • By The Reaper 8th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 332 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    The Reaper
    Iresa owe me about £150 since July. Getting absolutely nowhere with them. Am I right in thinking I have to write a paper letter of complaint before going to Ombudsman?

• Hengus
    • By Hengus 8th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    • 4,202 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Hengus
    Iresa owe me about £150 since July. Getting absolutely nowhere with them. Am I right in thinking I have to write a paper letter of complaint before going to Ombudsman?
    Originally posted by The Reaper
    Yes, you have to make a formal complaint (my advice would be to do it in writing). Ask Iresa either to re-pay your credit or to issue a deadlock letter. If they do the latter, you can refer the matter to The Energy Ombudsman immediately. If Iresa fails to respond to your complaint - or you are not happy with the response - you can refer the complaint to The Energy Ombudsman after 8 weeks. The alternative is to issue a Letter before Legal Action and recover your credit through the Small Claims Court.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 8th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 3,199 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Are you still with Iresa and that £150 is a summer credit? If so, relax and drink a beer. Otherwise
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/complain-about-your-gas-or-electricity-bill-or-supplier
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 9th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Al Ross
    I was over £400 in credit and contacted Iresa to get my credit back and my Direct Debits halved.
    I was getting nowhere, after 3 months I contacted the Ombudsman.Iresa quickly got it done after that.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 9th Sep 17, 9:27 AM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    nigelbb
    For all those who are hundreds of pounds in credit why do't you do as I did & just cancel your direct debit until the excess is cleared?
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 9th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Al Ross
    For all those who are hundreds of pounds in credit why do't you do as I did & just cancel your direct debit until the excess is cleared?
    Originally posted by nigelbb
    I went by the advice given on this forum, not to cancel my Direct Debit, although I definitely thought about it.
    • macman
    • By macman 9th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    • 41,290 Posts
    • 16,954 Thanks
    macman
    Because you are then in breach of contract and are liable to be defaulted onto SVT from your current tariff..
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Sep 17, 9:03 AM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 1,815 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Because you are then in breach of contract and are liable to be defaulted onto SVT from your current tariff..
    Originally posted by macman

...may be wrong ..but I don't think IRESA offer an SVT??
    • molerat
    • By molerat 10th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    • 17,013 Posts
    • 11,190 Thanks
    molerat
    ...may be wrong ..but I don't think IRESA offer an SVT??
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    They do a fixed and a variable tariff. Both at the same price and only £3 pa more than my old fix so I could live with the extra cost
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Sep 17, 3:50 PM
    • 17,013 Posts
    • 11,190 Thanks
    molerat
    Anyone had a bill this month as it is 11th ? Do you actually get a "bill" as opposed to the short bill in the transactions section ?
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Sep 17, 3:55 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 1,414 Thanks
    footyguy
    Anyone had a bill this month as it is 11th ? Do you actually get a "bill" as opposed to the short bill in the transactions section ?
    Originally posted by molerat
    Bills are produced but not sure how often - they promise at least once per year I think. I don't have one yet for this month, only the detail available online in the transactions section.

Last month the bill appeared sometime between 12th and 16th. This is based on me providing a meter reading on the last day of the month (i.e. July).
    Last edited by footyguy; 11-09-2017 at 4:00 PM.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 11th Sep 17, 4:00 PM
    • 3,199 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Last month's was on the 12th.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 1,414 Thanks
    footyguy
    You said only on 07-Aug-2017 that the supplier as disputing your final meter reading
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72954377&postcount=1092

They will need agreement of the meter reading by the meter reading agency, and then produce you a final bill before they will arrange any refund (or demand any closing balance from you)

You are correct that the ombudsman will not entertain any complaint unless you first allow the supplier at least 8 weeks to resolve it - that means 8 weeks from the supplier receiving a complaint from you on the matter.
    No you do not need to send one on paper (although you can, but you will need to allow for postage time) as they make it easy by allowing you to file using their online system.

Their complaint procedure is available in full on their website.

Good luck!
    • thelight
    • By thelight 11th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thelight
    I'm wondering if there is a different way to apply to go onto their variable tariff that I am missing?

I've just visited their website and tried to apply, but the only option it gives me is the 12 month fixed deal.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Sep 17, 8:15 PM
    • 17,013 Posts
    • 11,190 Thanks
    molerat
    Shows both for me.
    • macman
    • By macman 12th Sep 17, 8:38 AM
    • 41,290 Posts
    • 16,954 Thanks
    macman
    Why do you want to go on the SVT, since there are no exit fees on the fix?
    I thought that every supplier has to offer an SVT, only if to serve as the default tariff?
    My electricity account says that a bill will be generated on the 10th of each month. Nothing showing as yet.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 12th Sep 17, 9:56 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    wavelets
    My electricity account says that a bill will be generated on the 10th of each month. Nothing showing as yet.
    Originally posted by macman
    I'd suggest you get onto Ofgem about them!!!

Don't forget to include their terms and conditions which you agreed to abide by when you entered into the supply contract from them, which as footyguy alludes to, says:

4.1 We will send you a bill or statement at least once a year,...
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Iresa-Terms-and-Conditions-for-Domestic-Supply-v4.pdf
    • macman
    • By macman 12th Sep 17, 1:11 PM
    • 41,290 Posts
    • 16,954 Thanks
    macman
    Ofgem do not handle consumer complaints. I already have had a complaint against Iresa upheld by the OE: the issue now is that they don't seem to want to get involved in getting Iresa to implement the remedy.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 12th Sep 17, 5:52 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 1,815 Thanks
    brewerdave
    If I look for a new quote for leccy ,IRESA only list the fixed deal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,289Posts Today

8,496Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin