Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 609Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 58
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 23rd Aug 17, 7:47 PM
    • 2,545 Posts
    • 1,502 Thanks
    anotheruser
    I switched months ago.

Seemed all straight forward and was.

I now pay around the same as I did before, despite the previous company wanting about £20 more a month.

So far, no problems. I have been with Scottish Power and nPower - both famous for problems... but I had none. I only come across problems when I come to switch. The exiting company always take a long time to agree meter readings.

A shame they don't have a mobile app.
    Both SP and NP had one - was so much easier submitting readings.
    Last edited by anotheruser; 23-08-2017 at 7:49 PM.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 28th Aug 17, 10:22 AM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 1,424 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    I**** have now submitted a Confirmation Statement - Statement of Capital, (Share Capital). The Director now holds a large amount of shares, 1000000, with a second shareholding amount of 30928 shares. A total of 1030928. Rather more than the 1 share previously held?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • Bradders9126
    • By Bradders9126 30th Aug 17, 8:34 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Bradders9126
    Iresa Energy
    I've been with Iresa 9 months now due to them being the cheapest on MSE energy comparison website.

I've had no issues with them regarding supplying my energy however I've needed to contact them on two occasions.
    1) to change my direct debit amount
    2) to ask for a refund on account due to being in credit quite a lot

Main thing to note now is that you cannot contact them by phone. There is a number to ring however it never gets through to anyone regardless of what time you ring trust me (You get the standard high call volume message)

That leaves you with one option to submit an online request via the website. I know this will take over 28 days to resolve as per my last request for a very small matter.

Bottom line is this is a good tariff if you do not need to contact them! All meter readings etc.. you can do online and get email reminders
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 30th Aug 17, 11:10 AM
    • 418 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Things seem to be settling into a routine with Iresa now.

They request meter readings and re-notify of the Direct Debit every month.
    They process electricity readings every month and raise a charge against the balance (as expected)
    They only process gas readings every other month. The CV value used is still obscured by the 'multiplier', but the billed amount is, by my own detailed calculation, correct. I won't know until the winter if this is because low summer usage reduces any error below 1p. What I do know is that by only raising charges against the credit balance every 2 months for gas, they have paid me more in additional credit interest than they have (again, by my own calculations) overcharged due to incorrect CV values earlier in the contract.

I think my DD is a little on the high side (£3-4/m), as I now project I'll be using less electricity (-15%) and more gas (+17%) than last year, but given other people's experience in getting it reviewed, and the interest paid, I don't think it's worth my time chasing that up.
    • miniemma
    • By miniemma 31st Aug 17, 12:29 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    miniemma
    Yesterday was Day 28 after Iresa accepted the ombudsman's resolution.

I received an email from the ombudsman saying everything completed.

This is not the case. No apology letter, no readings appear on my electricity or gas accounts. No bill has been raised. I have, however, received a £50 credit.

I'm bored and frustrated. I've cancelled my DD, they can't have any more of my money until they can tell me what I owe them.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 31st Aug 17, 6:05 PM
    • 17,327 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    molerat
    Slowly getting there. Previous meter readings have now appeared in my account. One is missing, no big deal, but they are showing a reading taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took over as a read by me on take over day although they have told me the (different) meter read they have as my opening read and which has been used by my old supplier.

edit. bills have arrived in the transactions column and they have used that wrong opening read
    Last edited by molerat; 31-08-2017 at 7:01 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 31st Aug 17, 6:25 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Al Ross
    Yesterday was Day 28 after Iresa accepted the ombudsman's resolution.

I received an email from the ombudsman saying everything completed.

This is not the case. No apology letter, no readings appear on my electricity or gas accounts. No bill has been raised. I have, however, received a £50 credit.

I'm bored and frustrated. I've cancelled my DD, they can't have any more of my money until they can tell me what I owe them.
    Originally posted by miniemma
    Hi,
    The Ombudsman awarded me £30 from Iresa,just wondered how long they took to apply it to your account from the time yours was awarded.
    Last edited by Al Ross; 31-08-2017 at 6:30 PM.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 1st Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 17,327 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    molerat
    Slowly getting there. Previous meter readings have now appeared in my account. One is missing, no big deal, but they are showing a reading taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took over as a read by me on take over day although they have told me the (different) meter read they have as my opening read and which has been used by my old supplier.

edit. bills have arrived in the transactions column and they have used that wrong opening read
    Originally posted by molerat
    They have now sent this read to E.On who have issued a revised final bill so both are now using this figure. So, after 7 months my account is now up and running and billed up to date although I have no actual "bills" just the short bill in the transactions page. The complaint is with the ombudsman at the moment so will wait and see what they decide.
    • macman
    • By macman 2nd Sep 17, 3:40 AM
    • 41,350 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    Hi,
    The Ombudsman awarded me £30 from Iresa,just wondered how long they took to apply it to your account from the time yours was awarded.
    Originally posted by Al Ross
    If it's like mine, you'll get it on day 28 or 29 after the OE has announced it's ruling.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Gcc
    • By Gcc 2nd Sep 17, 10:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gcc
    Signed with Iresa 1 august as my GB energy fix was coming to an end and this was the cheapest. All done by 19th august, no problems whatsoever. Be sure to enter meter details and supply numbers accurately and enjoy the savings!
    • wakeupalarm
    • By wakeupalarm 2nd Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    wakeupalarm
    Was thinking of signing up to Iresa as they come out a lot cheaper then any competitors but noted the comments about the company not likely to be around next year. Reading some of the comments on the last pages there clearly was a problem that has put off a lot of existing customers off. Save the newbie who has just joined to praise the company in their first post, are there any other positives for the company?

Edit
    Ok I have read a few more posts going further back and decided against joining Iresa. I guess it's worth paying extra with another company for the piece of mind.
    Last edited by wakeupalarm; 02-09-2017 at 2:30 PM.
    • geoffW
    • By geoffW 2nd Sep 17, 4:42 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    geoffW
    I signed on with Iresa yesterday for electricity, first payment 14/8 and start date 26/8, longer start date than I expected but I don't mind as my contract with GB energy finishes on the 11/8 and they say they keep the contract price the same til the changeover as long as it happens within a month.
    Originally posted by geoffW
    Final payment to GB energy was on the 16/8 so no problem in swapping over, however as it was 5 days after the contract ended they did charge me for the 5 days at the std charge which worked out at an extra £2.48 (I can't find out where I read that they keep the contract price until the switch is completed, perhaps they've changed the T and C?).
    Anyway I'm quite happy with the switch, just got to remember to send in meter readings each month.
    • HappyTracey
    • By HappyTracey 5th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HappyTracey
    REALLY unhappy with Iresa customer service. I was told I was over £400 in credit and could have it back, told to wait ten working days, did so, nothing received. Called them only to be told they had made an error and had told me completely incorrect information, full of apologies and said they would take ownership and put it right for me. They did not keep their promises at all. I chased it again only to be lied to and told the person I wanted was 'busy' and then within two minutes was actually off sick ! Then when asked for a manager was told that was not ' company policy' and there were no managers there as they do ' different things' ! I am now in the process of raising this as a complaint in the second stage of their process and I do not intend to remain with this company and wish I had never moved to them in the first place. I am happy to pay for what I use BUT like most people when told £400 is going back into my account, those funds quickly became allocated for other purposes ( I am unwell and am unfortunately currently find myself reliant upon benefits so this is especially pertinent !). My person advice, out of choice, LOOK ELSEWHERE for a provider.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 5th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    • 17,327 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    molerat
    That£400 in credit is only valid if you have been billed up to date though, are your bills up to date ?
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 5th Sep 17, 6:49 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Al Ross
    REALLY unhappy with Iresa customer service. I was told I was over £400 in credit and could have it back, told to wait ten working days, did so, nothing received. Called them only to be told they had made an error and had told me completely incorrect information, full of apologies and said they would take ownership and put it right for me. They did not keep their promises at all. I chased it again only to be lied to and told the person I wanted was 'busy' and then within two minutes was actually off sick ! Then when asked for a manager was told that was not ' company policy' and there were no managers there as they do ' different things' ! I am now in the process of raising this as a complaint in the second stage of their process and I do not intend to remain with this company and wish I had never moved to them in the first place. I am happy to pay for what I use BUT like most people when told £400 is going back into my account, those funds quickly became allocated for other purposes ( I am unwell and am unfortunately currently find myself reliant upon benefits so this is especially pertinent !). My person advice, out of choice, LOOK ELSEWHERE for a provider.
    Originally posted by HappyTracey
    I had the same problem,£400 in credit, they told me it was passed to their finance department to do.3 months later, still no refund. I complained to the Energy Ombudsman and it was quickly done after that.

The Ombudsman awarded me £30 for all my troubles, but I have just heard today they are disputing it.

My advice to all if your complaint is if not being met by Iresa ,get onto "The Energy Ombudsman" and let them handle it.

The service is free and you may be entitled to something for your troubles.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 5th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    • 4,538 Posts
    • 2,706 Thanks
    Hengus
    I had the same problem,£400 in credit, they told me it was passed to their finance department to do.3 months later, still no refund. I complained to the Energy Ombudsman and it was quickly done after that.

The Ombudsman awarded me £30 for all my troubles, but I have just heard today they are disputing it.

My advice to all if your complaint is if not being met by Iresa ,get onto "The Energy Ombudsman" and let them handle it.

The service is free and you may be entitled to something for your troubles.
    It also costs the supplier £400 a complaint in Ombudsman fees.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 6th Sep 17, 6:48 AM
    • 366 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Al Ross
    It also costs the supplier £400 a complaint in Ombudsman fees.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    If the ruling is found in Iresa favour,I presume they don't have to pay?
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 6th Sep 17, 9:10 AM
    • 3,824 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    The Ombudsman awarded me £30 for all my troubles, but I have just heard today they are disputing it....
    You must have heard wrong.

There is no appeal against the ombudsman's decision/resolution (and your subsequent agreement to that decision)
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 6th Sep 17, 9:14 AM
    • 3,824 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    If the ruling is found in Iresa favour,I presume they don't have to pay?
    You presume wrong (in most cases)

It is an investigation fee, and arises where the supplier has failed to resolve the matter directly with the customer.

Exceptions do apply, such as where the supplier has not been given the opportunity to resolve the matter, where the claim is considered vexatious, etc.
    In those instances, the fee does not apply as there is no proper investigation by the ombudsman.
    • macman
    • By macman 6th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    • 41,350 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    Just to update others who may be in a similar position. My billing complaint was upheld by the OE about a month ago, and Iresa confirmed to them they they had complied with the ruling. In fact, they had only partially complied. Electricity meter point set up, reads correctly recorded, £50 credit applied, but no actual bill. The OE asked me to give them 14 days to validate the readings and generate a bill. That 14 days grace period expired today without any sight of a bill, so I have gone back to the OE and asked them to take further sanctions.
    If this costs Iresa another £400, so be it. My patience has run out after 7 months.
    The sting in the tail is that I'm in credit overall by about £220, but they refuse to reduce my DD because they have no bill to base any reduction on!
    Last edited by macman; 06-09-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,985Posts Today

8,272Users online

Martin's Twitter