Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 604Posts
    • 369Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 47
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 12th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    i'm underway with a formal complaint with the ombudsman - i started a thread somewhere
    Left is never right but I always am.
    • you_llneverwalkalone
    • By you_llneverwalkalone 12th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 191 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    you_llneverwalkalone
    Gave Iresa a meter reading on 31/5 & received a bill today.

Bill is correct & interest paid on balance as well.
    • icharus
    • By icharus 13th Jun 17, 12:29 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    icharus
    What are Iresa up to? I gave meter readings in plenty of time and as required yet the following message appeared on both gas and electric bills

There was no valid meter reading available within the billing period as at the time this bill was
    generated. If your submissions are up to date, it will appear in the next statement.

Are they simply not coping or is it some ploy?
    • DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 13th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    Iresa sent me 2 emails yesterday saying my bills (plural) were ready. I've got an electricity bill with correct reading readings on it (the opening reading I supplied to E.ON) but there is still no Gas reading on my gas bill. Still not seen one on there since April 1st.

Therefore I am now £8.69 in credit on my Electricity but £86.14 in credit on my Gas. I know we've have the project Nexus stuff going on but surely they should have them by now ????
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 13th Jun 17, 8:45 AM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 1,399 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Nexus stuff going on
    Originally posted by DonnySaver
    Somebody here will know more but based on
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/project-nexus-steering-group-17-may-2017
    The Go Live date was 1st June - just a couple of weeks back. Does it all work? Where are the Group Minutes?
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2017/06/project_nexus_steering_group_minutes_17_may_2017_-_sent_to_pnsg.pdf (empty?)

But the main question is have Iresa updated their own IT systems to work with the new Xoserve systems. We can all have a wild guess on that one.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • warwickbears
    • By warwickbears 13th Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    warwickbears
    Dreadful company. I raised a ticket 03/06/17 to query why 2 separate electricity readings I provided were not validated. No response as yet. I have now received a bill showing no usage.

To quote from their web site front page...

THE IRESA ADVANTAGE

Why become our customer? (under 'Constant Support'):

We believe our customers deserve the best. We will not only listen. We will swing into action

Please....
    • vkharch
    • By vkharch 13th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    vkharch
    I've been with them for 2 months, almost switched off to another supplier but canceled as Iresa seems to be getting its act together. My enquire was answered and I finally got the bill which seems to be surprisingly correct.
    Plus they do pay interest on the balance in credit!!!

I'd say do not bother to switch to them if you not prepare to contact them, wait and wait again for their response and also recalculate your bills yourself. Regarding meter readings there are delays in updating those in the system but if they are not updated then you are in credit and getting interest paid on the balance, do not expect earn a lot though, still something new I came across energy company.

Personally I cannot see them to survive for long time in current business model but this will be for Ofgem to sort out. As long as I can understand their bill calculation and it is correct I am OK with paying their lower energy cost. Otherwise I'd switch already.
    Last edited by vkharch; 13-06-2017 at 2:19 PM.
    • fatemeh
    • By fatemeh 13th Jun 17, 10:25 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    fatemeh
    No Gas bill since April - readings ignored
    I also have a problem with my gas bills - not one meter reading have been "validated" (Iresa jargon) since April 2017. I am over £80 in debit for gas and over £50 in credit for electricity. Iresa takes one direct debit but divides it between gas and electricity and keeps the accounts separate under the umbrella of one customer ID.

I have already started the switch to a more expensive supplier. I'd rather pay more (I am between low and medium usage, so it's not a huge strain) but have the guarantee my readings will be taken into account...and my queries responded to by an actual customer service team.
    • Blackdog
    • By Blackdog 14th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    Blackdog
    I also have a problem with my gas bills - not one meter reading have been "validated" (Iresa jargon) since April 2017. I am over £80 in debit for gas and over £50 in credit for electricity. Iresa takes one direct debit but divides it between gas and electricity and keeps the accounts separate under the umbrella of one customer ID.
    Originally posted by fatemeh

It is strange how Iresa keep the gas and electric credits separate. Has anyone got any experience of whether they transfer credit between the two if either gas or electric is in debit? How do they calculate what the split of the direct debit amount is between gas and electric. In my case I would have a larger credit in the electric account even if they billed me properly for the gas.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 14th Jun 17, 12:47 PM
    • 3,468 Posts
    • 1,368 Thanks
    footyguy

I have already started the switch to a more expensive supplier. I'd rather pay more (I am between low and medium usage, so it's not a huge strain) but have the guarantee my readings will be taken into account...and my queries responded to by an actual customer service team.
    Originally posted by fatemeh
    I don't understand.
    If the gas readings have not been validated (which is neither jargon nor unique to Iresa - it applies to all suppliers), then with Iresa they do not charge for consumption ... so I struggle to understand why you are £80 in debit; your account should be in credit or at worst zero.

Yes, many suppliers take just one direct debit for dual fuel, and then split it between fuels which the do 'behind the scenes'

Bottom line is, according to you, your account is already £30 in debit (£80 debit plus £50 credit) since beginning of May and assuming this is based on actual or good estimated readings, it sounds like you gave the supplier widely inaccurate anticipated annual consumption estimates when you joined (particularly considering time of year it is)

I'm not even sure why you opted for gas from this supplier anyway - I'm sure there were cheaper options.

Oh well, good luck with your switch to an even more expensive supplier
    • DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 15th Jun 17, 12:32 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    5 days with no Twitter activity by Iresa again ...
    • icharus
    • By icharus 15th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    icharus
    Today Iresa sent me an e-mail notification of a new direct debit mandate for precisely the same amount and due around the same date. The existing mandate is still in operation so there was no need to do this. Trying to read between the lines I can only assume that they anticipate that my current mandate is about to be cancelled due to a transfer to a different supplier in a few days and they are trying to circumvent this, ie they present the fresh mandate and get payment at the same time.

Despite the higher tariffs with the new supplier I am really looking forward to hopefully getting away from Iresa and their abysmal systems. I suspect, however, that I may/will continue to have hassle on various fronts. They have not produced my last bill, or acknowledged closing meter readings etc re the transfer. I still have outstanding unanswered complaints over the transfer. I anticipate that the new supplier may also have problems. My account will be in credit and getting that refunded may also prove difficult. It may be quicker and more effective going to the small claims court if there is a problem with a credit refund rather than through the Ombudsman.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Jun 17, 2:21 PM
    • 16,759 Posts
    • 10,979 Thanks
    molerat
    Are you sure it is not the regular monthly notification they are taking the payment, what is the e-mail headed ? "New Direct Debit payment to Iresa Limited" which is the normal monthly or "You've set up a Direct Debit" which is for a new DD.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 15th Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    • 4,388 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Are you sure it is not the regular monthly notification they are taking the payment, what is the e-mail headed ? "New Direct Debit payment to Iresa Limited" which is the normal monthly or "You've set up a Direct Debit" which is for a new DD.
    Originally posted by molerat
    ..beat me to it molerat - I've just had the "usual" monthly email
    • icharus
    • By icharus 15th Jun 17, 2:42 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    icharus
    It is headed "New Direct Debit payment to Iresa Limited". I didn't receive one like this last month, so assumed this was a new ploy.
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 15th Jun 17, 10:06 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    fyi iresa still blocking my transfer to edf despite my account being in credit

edf has no sent a thanks for trying but we cant accept you email

so looks like im stuck with iresa

ombudsman complaint underway
    Left is never right but I always am.
    • icharus
    • By icharus 15th Jun 17, 11:48 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    icharus
    I believe I may be in the same boat.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 16th Jun 17, 11:48 AM
    • 287 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Raxiel
    What are Iresa up to? I gave meter readings in plenty of time and as required yet the following message appeared on both gas and electric bills

There was no valid meter reading available within the billing period as at the time this bill was
    generated. If your submissions are up to date, it will appear in the next statement.

Are they simply not coping or is it some ploy?
    Originally posted by icharus
    Same here, they raised a gas bill but it was for £0 and just reflected DDs. Electricity fine as usual.
    • mikeyblunt
    • By mikeyblunt 16th Jun 17, 12:56 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mikeyblunt
    As I said, looks like they are intentionally not getting the gas readings validated every month. Maybe every 6 months.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 16th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Raxiel
    As I said, looks like they are intentionally not getting the gas readings validated every month. Maybe every 6 months.
    Originally posted by mikeyblunt
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

834Posts Today

7,263Users online

Martin's Twitter