Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 609Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 41
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 15th May 17, 2:52 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    I have another d.d. due around 20 May and should be well in credit. I don't want to cancel the d.d. due to the legal contractual obligations, but I also do not want to have to chase up a refund for months, like ths on Trustpilot.

As leavers what can we do, if anything, to protect ourselves?
    Originally posted by icharus
    Have you received the email notifying that they're taking the direct debit on 20th May yet?

I reckon I should have a direct debit payment for the electric only due on 20th May but my gas transferred away on 4th May so I'm not expecting to pay anything for gas on 20th May.

If they take the direct debit for electric only on 20th May I will be slightly in credit for electric when I switch to EON on 1st June but owe them a similar amount the gas. These should hopefully just about cancel each other out.

I've also not had the sorry you're leaving emails for either gas or electric from Iresa yet and I'm still waiting for them to produce my final gas bill.

The only thing you can do to protect yourself is that once you're certain the final direct debits have been taken is to cancel them. Worst case scenario they can send your credit balance back to you by cheque or if you owe them they can send you a bill with instructions on how to pay it. My previous suppliers have always managed to refund any credit balance due direct to the bank even after I've cancelled the direct debit.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching to E.ON
    My gas moved to Zog on 4th May and E.ON confirmed by email this morning that they plan to take over my electric on 1st June......always assuming they can get a response from these cowboys.

I've still not had the obligatory "Sorry you're leaving" email regarding my gas or the final bill although everything is showing correctly in the transactions section of my online account apart from the correct CV Value of course.

I will also have to keep a very close eye on the direct debit notification email from Iresa which is due in the next day or so.
    Originally posted by youravinalarrrf

Hello youravinalarrrf and welcome back. As part of the Faster Switching scheme, we'll look to start supplying in about two and half weeks from sign up so 1 June looks right.

It will, though, take longer before the account is fully up and running. As the gaining supplier, it's up to us to drive the switch. We'll send our opening readings to the old supplier so they can use the same ones to close their account. As well as the readings, we'll also let the industry third parties like the distributor, meter operator, national database etc know you're switching back. All in all, we'll look to have everything done and dusted from our end within 35 days. Can't speak for the losing supplier though.

Hope this helps youravinalarrrf.

Malc
    Last edited by E.ON Company Representative: Malc; 17-05-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • warwickbears
    • By warwickbears 17th May 17, 10:07 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    warwickbears
    After reading other peoples experience of Iresa, and particularly the dreadful feedback on Trustpilot, I have decided to jump ship and have initiated a transfer of my electricity supply to Bulb.
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 17th May 17, 10:34 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Have you received the email notifying that they're taking the direct debit on 20th May yet?

I reckon I should have a direct debit payment for the electric only due on 20th May but my gas transferred away on 4th May so I'm not expecting to pay anything for gas on 20th May.

If they take the direct debit for electric only on 20th May I will be slightly in credit for electric when I switch to EON on 1st June but owe them a similar amount the gas. These should hopefully just about cancel each other out.

I've also not had the sorry you're leaving emails for either gas or electric from Iresa yet and I'm still waiting for them to produce my final gas bill.
    Just a warning to others in the process of leaving Iresa. It turns out I was right to be worried about the Direct Debit payments after leaving them.

I've just received the direct debit payment notification email this morning for the payment due on 22nd May and sure enough they intend to take the full amount for both gas and electricity despite having switched my gas on 4th May and no longer being my supplier.

Another complaint has now been raised and they have been told that unless they amend it immediately all direct debit payments to Iresa will be cancelled at my bank.

It would appear that now they don't even know who is and who isn't one of their customers but that certainly doesn't stop them taking your money just in case.

You just couldn't make this stuff up and even if you did nobody would believe you!
    Last edited by youravinalarrrf; 17-05-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    • DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 17th May 17, 10:55 AM
    • 410 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    That's it, I've done it. I've started my switch over to E.ON. Will be a LOT less hassle in the long run hopefully. I can't see Iresa surviving much longer the way they are carrying on.
    Originally posted by DonnySaver
    Got my "Sad to see you leave" email from Iresa today asking for my meter readings to enable the switchover to E.ON.
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 17th May 17, 11:14 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Got my "Sad to see you leave" email from Iresa today asking for my meter readings to enable the switchover to E.ON.
    I've also received a "Sad to see you leave" email this morning but rather stupidly it doesn't give you any clue as to whether it relates to gas or electric.

The problem is that because I've already switched my gas on 4th May and I'm in the process of switching my electric and I've not received the "Sad to see you leave" emails for either I haven't a clue which this relates to.
    Switching to E.ON
    Hello DonnySaver and welcome to E.ON. Good to have you on board.

We'll look after the switch for you and will send Iresa our opening meter readings so they can use the same ones to close their account. This makes sure the same energy isn't charged twice. We'll be in touch a bit further down the line to ask for the readings. As part of Faster Switching, we'll look to bring the account over in about two and half weeks from your request to switch.

If you've registered with our website, you can see how things are going through our 'Track My switch' tool.

Hope this is of interest DonnySaver.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 17th May 17, 11:19 AM
    • 418 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    Raxiel
    I had yet another direct debit setup email today. They seem to send one every month. It's not a duplicate (still only one at the bank's end) and its for the same amount as before. Feels like it's just another automated thing that happens every month regardless.
    E.ON Track My Switch
    I've also received a "Sad to see you leave" email this morning but rather stupidly it doesn't give you any clue as to whether it relates to gas or electric.

The problem is that because I've already switched my gas on 4th May and I'm in the process of switching my electric and I've not received the "Sad to see you leave" emails for either I haven't a clue which this relates to.
    Sorry youravinalarrrf, I should've mentioned yesterday, you can keep an eye on where we're at with your switch through the online service I've spoken about earlier today. This is 'Track My Switch' and can be used by customers joining us provided they've registered with our website.

Hope it's of interest youravinalarrrf.

Malc
    • macman
    • By macman 17th May 17, 12:07 PM
    • 41,351 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    I had yet another direct debit setup email today. They seem to send one every month. It's not a duplicate (still only one at the bank's end) and its for the same amount as before. Feels like it's just another automated thing that happens every month regardless.
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    I had the same. Its not a new DD setup notice, it's a new DD Payment notice. It advises you how much they will take this month, and when.
    Iresa have to be complimented in that this is the one part of their system that works like clockwork.
    I was a bit concerned when this thread dropped off the first page of the Energy board, but now it seems we are back to business as usual. After my formal complaint and fulsome apology promising that my account issue had been escalated to the 'relevant team for urgent resolution', a further two weeks has gone by with of course no action at all.
    Last edited by macman; 17-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 17th May 17, 12:17 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    I had the same. Its not a new DD setup notice, it's a new DD Payment notice. It advises you how much they will take this month, and when.
    Iresa have to be complimented in that this is the one part of their system that works like clockwork.
    Originally posted by macman
    I would have previously agreed up until the email I received this morning - see my posts above.

If you're in the process of leaving Iresa I would suggest this area of their system needs watching very closely!
    • macman
    • By macman 17th May 17, 1:58 PM
    • 41,351 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    No, I'm hanging in there for now. My gas DD was set just about right, so not too concerned about the implications of it taking an age to get any credit refund if one were due when I do leave.
    If they ever manage to get my leccy meter point set up then I might even see the contract out.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 17th May 17, 3:19 PM
    • 17,330 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    molerat
    I would have previously agreed up until the email I received this morning - see my posts above.

If you're in the process of leaving Iresa I would suggest this area of their system needs watching very closely!
    Mine today is headed
    New Direct Debit payment to Iresa Limited
    exactly the same as every other one except the first
    You've set up a Direct Debit
    so no changes / problems here.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • icharus
    • By icharus 18th May 17, 10:01 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    icharus
    Due to their abysmal customer care and constant outges etc I attempted to switch from iresa to So Energy. This morning I received the following e-mail from So Energy:

We're currently in the process of switching your energy supply over to us. Unfortunately your current energy supplier has objected to our request to switch your supply.
    Your immediate action is required
    Before we can continue with your transfer this objection needs to be resolved. Unfortunately, we can't fix this from our side. You will need to contact your current supplier to find out the reason for this objection and how to resolve it.
    An objection can be raised for a number of reasons, so don't worry. The most common reasons are that you have been with your supplier for less than 28 days or there may be an outstanding balance on your account.

I have been with Iresa since February, so the 28 day reason does not apply. I am also £50 in credit with electricity and £5 in credit with gas and the next dd is due to be taken on 22 May, so there is no outstanding balance problem.

They won't answer their phones or e-mails and I am not on Twitter or Facebook. Help!! ....I am trapped! What do i do to get away from this awful company?
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 18th May 17, 10:18 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf

Received a response from Iresa yesterday telling me that because my electric switch shows on their system as being nearer completion this "Sad to see you leave" email must (not definitely does) relate to the electric switch to E.ON and this is despite my gas having already switched to Zog on 4th May!

Guess what - they have marked the issue as resolved without taking any action to find out why the gas switch isn't showing as complete on their system!
    They now have yet another Mr. Angry email to read. Bloody cretins!

I've now also involved Zog (as the winning supplier with lead responsibility for all aspects of the switching process) to try and get issue this resolved. Unsurprisingly Zog too cannot get anyone at Iresa to answer the phone so have ended up sending them an email which will no doubt be ignored just like all the rest! Zog also confirmed that the National Database shows them as being the gas supplier at my address since 4th May and confirmed that they provided Iresa with my final gas meter reading on the 4th May.

With no resolution from Iresa likely in the next few days I now have no option but to immediately cancel my direct debit at the bank to prevent paying two suppliers for the same gas and/or facing a long winded battle to get the overpayment refunded. EDIT: In view of icharus's comments above I may have to allow the direct debit payment to be made so Iresa don't object to my electric switch to E.ON and stop it completing.

I may be wrong but I get a feeling that desperation may now be setting in at Iresa when they start resorting to tactics to try to prevent customers leaving for no apparent reason.

It's just impossible to deal with a company who will not respond to any form of communication! How Ofgem allows Iresa to continue trading is now totally beyond me.
    • icharus
    • By icharus 18th May 17, 10:29 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    icharus
    I am not going to wait 8 weeks before getting in touch with Ofgem re their seemingly eroneous objection to my switch. Iresa have not notified me of the reason for the objection so that is surely in breach of their licence.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Ofgem where I can alert them right away.

I not that the Trustpilot adverse comments concerning refunds etc are still mounting. It is about time that the media was alerted to these problems because Ofgem are obviouslynot having much of an influence.
    • warwickbears
    • By warwickbears 18th May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    warwickbears
    Hi Icharus

Would you be good enough to keep us updated on what happens please?

I have this week started the process of transferring from Iresa to Bulb Energy - whilst I'm hoping it goes smoothly, it would be helpful to know your progress just in case...
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 18th May 17, 12:34 PM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 2,709 Thanks
    Hengus
    I am not going to wait 8 weeks before getting in touch with Ofgem re their seemingly eroneous objection to my switch. Iresa have not notified me of the reason for the objection so that is surely in breach of their licence.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Ofgem where I can alert them right away.

I not that the Trustpilot adverse comments concerning refunds etc are still mounting. It is about time that the media was alerted to these problems because Ofgem are obviouslynot having much of an influence.
    Originally posted by icharus
    consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk (Attn: Liz Chester) or call Citizens Advice.
    • macman
    • By macman 18th May 17, 1:15 PM
    • 41,351 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    If you want to make a complaint , then you need to contact the Ombudsman (8 weeks after a complaint to Iresa, or on receipt of a deadlock letter). Ofgem do not deal with individual consumer complaints-but it will do no harm to keep them informed.
    • icharus
    • By icharus 18th May 17, 5:13 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    icharus
    I have just informed Ofgem of the problem by e-mail. I told them that Iresa are in breach of their licensing conditions by not informing me of the reason for their objection to the switch. In view of this breach and the stalling of my switch, I asked if they could investigate this company due to them essentially being uncontactable to obtain a resolutuion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,219Posts Today

6,206Users online

Martin's Twitter