Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 608Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 33
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching from E.ON
    Nope. Last response I had from them was on 6/3, and I still have 4 tickets open on the system.
    And it's not just customers. My previous supplier (E.On) has been trying to contact them for 3 weeks to agree a final gas read, but they do not respond to them either.
    Originally posted by macman
    Have you had a final bill from us macman or are we waiting for the gas reading to come through? There can sometimes be delays with this but, if we still haven't had this after 42 calendar days, we'll contact the new supplier to try to sort it out.

Alternatively, have we closed to a reading you're not happy with and an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD) has been raised to re-agree this? These can take up to six weeks to sort depending on the suppliers involved.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree macman.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 20th Apr 17, 5:48 PM
    • 3,254 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    No, they're still alive. A handful of tweets around lunchtime today; https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies
    - one person asking if they have a Press contact; they replied media@iresa.co.uk
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 20-04-2017 at 5:50 PM.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 20th Apr 17, 5:53 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Al Ross
    I am already more than £300 in credit since I joined Iresa 3-4 months back. What would they do if I cancelled my D.D till it balanced out. Surely they couldn't disconnect if I’m £300 in credit?
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 20th Apr 17, 11:16 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    poppellerant
    ...my next DD is due to be taken tomorrow - bet their "system" manages that task OK
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Don't count on it. I'm still waiting for Iresa to take this month's direct debit which was due at the beginning of the month. I've let them know and they don't seem especially concerned - so I've kept it in the account until they decide they need it.
    • JStewer
    • By JStewer 21st Apr 17, 12:14 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JStewer
    I am already more than £300 in credit since I joined Iresa 3-4 months back. What would they do if I cancelled my D.D till it balanced out. Surely they couldn't disconnect if I’m £300 in credit?
    Originally posted by Al Ross
    Do NOT cancel your direct debit mandate. Refer to the terms you agreed to abide by as to why.

£300 credit after just 3-4 months you say???
    Is that £300 credit after a recent bill/statement based on actual metter readings???

If not, supply an up todate meter reading and then see what the account situation really is.

If it is based on a recent actual meter reading, then you've appeared to massively over-estimate your anual consumption.
    Consult a comaprison site with your revised, much lower annual consumption figures.
    • Possetjohn
    • By Possetjohn 21st Apr 17, 8:40 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Possetjohn
    Another Lucky Customer
    Thanks. That's what I thought.

Edit: Iresa has just updated my Gas transactions page for February/March but there is no bill. As others have said, thy are still using a fixed multiplier of 11.4 which equates to a truncated calorific value of 40.1 whereas my average daily CV for the period is 39.5. Clearly, nearly 5 months on, Iresa are no closer to resolving the calorific value issue.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    I have followed this thread with interest!! I was debating whether to switch to IRESA and finally decided to take the plunge as they were the cheapest for me. Joined with from Southern to them from 17/2/17 (First day of supply)

I have to say it is one of the smoothest switches I have ever had, with final readings being verified very quickly and final bills and refunds of credit via direct debit from Southern Electric happening quite quickly.

They have kept me informed by email all along the way and I get emails a few days before they take the direct debit and after I submit readings.

I am fortunate by the sound of things that I have never had to contact them by Phone!!

However because of this thread I have checked the first gas bill they produced from the start to the end of March ( actually the reading is from 20/3/17). I can see in the bill they are using a calculation factor of 11.3627 (2647.51KWh/233m3) despite stating it is 11.1!! This equates to a CV of 40.0, which is 0.6 higher that it has ever been in the last 10 years and 0.8 higher than the average.

I will check the actual CV data for that period and wait until I see the next bill before trying to contact them.

At a rough estimate this is going to cost another £9 inc VAT per year! While annoying especially after so many people contacting them, It is quite small compared with what I am saving.

I guess a lot of people have switched to them in the last 6 months and they cannot cope with it!!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 21st Apr 17, 9:04 AM
    • 4,557 Posts
    • 1,886 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Don't count on it. I'm still waiting for Iresa to take this month's direct debit which was due at the beginning of the month. I've let them know and they don't seem especially concerned - so I've kept it in the account until they decide they need it.
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    The DD has been taken today as expected - should get an email asking for meter reading in about 2 days time.
    Looks like leccy only customers are not suffering the way dual fuel customers are !!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 21st Apr 17, 9:08 AM
    • 4,515 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    Hengus
    I have followed this thread with interest!! I was debating whether to switch to IRESA and finally decided to take the plunge as they were the cheapest for me. Joined with from Southern to them from 17/2/17 (First day of supply)

I have to say it is one of the smoothest switches I have ever had, with final readings being verified very quickly and final bills and refunds of credit via direct debit from Southern Electric happening quite quickly.

They have kept me informed by email all along the way and I get emails a few days before they take the direct debit and after I submit readings.

I am fortunate by the sound of things that I have never had to contact them by Phone!!

However because of this thread I have checked the first gas bill they produced from the start to the end of March ( actually the reading is from 20/3/17). I can see in the bill they are using a calculation factor of 11.3627 (2647.51KWh/233m3) despite stating it is 11.1!! This equates to a CV of 40.0, which is 0.6 higher that it has ever been in the last 10 years and 0.8 higher than the average.

I will check the actual CV data for that period and wait until I see the next bill before trying to contact them.

At a rough estimate this is going to cost another £9 inc VAT per year! While annoying especially after so many people contacting them, It is quite small compared with what I am saving.

I guess a lot of people have switched to them in the last 6 months and they cannot cope with it!!
    Originally posted by Possetjohn
    Please report this to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk with a copy of your bill. I have just sent them a copy of My Transactions page showing that a false multiplier of 11.4 has been used.
    • SnowMan
    • By SnowMan 21st Apr 17, 12:23 PM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 5,795 Thanks
    SnowMan
    Originally posted by Possetjohn
    40.0 is the incorrect calorific value also they used for my bill of 11th April, the correct calorific value should have been 39.6 or 39.5.

I did message IRESA to say they had used the incorrect calorific value but haven't had a response, so I've emailed a copy of my bill to the OFGEM consumer affairs department.

I came, I saw, I melted
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 21st Apr 17, 12:41 PM
    • 3,254 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Somebody's returned from holiday...there's a flood (20+) of replies on twitter. Get in quick if you need to contact...
    https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies

Also, in reply to why they have been closed to new customers we have the concise...
    "We have had a sudden increase in customers when we are able to accept more we will open our doors again!"
    (perhaps the twitter character limit prevented the insertion of some punctuation :-)
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 21-04-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • macman
    • By macman 21st Apr 17, 1:43 PM
    • 41,344 Posts
    • 16,998 Thanks
    macman
    My one and only gas bill was also based on a CV of 40.0. I could live with that if they'd just set up the leccy meter point!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • macman
    • By macman 21st Apr 17, 1:48 PM
    • 41,344 Posts
    • 16,998 Thanks
    macman
    Have you had a final bill from us macman or are we waiting for the gas reading to come through? There can sometimes be delays with this but, if we still haven't had this after 42 calendar days, we'll contact the new supplier to try to sort it out.

Alternatively, have we closed to a reading you're not happy with and an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD) has been raised to re-agree this? These can take up to six weeks to sort depending on the suppliers involved.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree macman.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    No bill yet Malc. E.On have not received the final electricity reading from Iresa. You have chased this with no response. You have also sent a 'suggested' reading (which is very close to the actual reading, and quite acceptable to me) asking if they will accept this, but again no response.
    I registered a formal complaint with E.On about 3 weeks ago (although it's not really your fault) and one of your complaints managers is due to call me again next Wednesday. Now well beyond 42 days; I switched on 31/1. If Iresa still have not responded, I have no idea how the issue might be resolved. Thanks for your interest though.
    PS: launch some competitive tariffs and I'll be back like a shot!
    Last edited by macman; 21-04-2017 at 1:52 PM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 21st Apr 17, 2:03 PM
    • 4,515 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    Hengus
    My one and only gas bill was also based on a CV of 40.0. I could live with that if they'd just set up the leccy meter point!
    Ofgem doesn't share your view on the use of incorrect calorific values:

Compliance monitoring and enforcement

The Regulations provide important consumer protections by ensuring that all suppliers use the same methodology for calculating CV.

It is incumbent on all suppliers to take the necessary steps to ensure they meet the conditions of their licence, codes and other relevant legislation.
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 21st Apr 17, 3:03 PM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved
    The DD has been taken today as expected - should get an email asking for meter reading in about 2 days time.
    Looks like leccy only customers are not suffering the way dual fuel customers are !!
    Iresa have finally added a meter reading to my account. Not precisely the same as I submitted on the day of the switch, 0.2kWh above but close enough.

I never received an email requesting a meter reading at any time. I did submit a reading when I first logged into my account and 2 more later ones on the day of the switch and the day after the original switch date estimate. Maybe this is why I never received any email. It might explain why the reading is a tiny bit above the reading I submitted on the switch day. A fairly insignificant amount so not worth questioning.

Something that is not helpful is that there does not seem to be any projections like the bigger suppliers have available. Greenstar my previous supplier did not have this either. More basic such as bill history is all that is available.

Hopefully Greenstar will now settle the account.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 21st Apr 17, 3:19 PM
    • 17,315 Posts
    • 11,508 Thanks
    molerat
    Wrong there I am afraid, my meter point is not set up 11 weeks in.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    Switching from E.ON
    No bill yet Malc. E.On have not received the final electricity reading from Iresa. You have chased this with no response. You have also sent a 'suggested' reading (which is very close to the actual reading, and quite acceptable to me) asking if they will accept this, but again no response.
    I registered a formal complaint with E.On about 3 weeks ago (although it's not really your fault) and one of your complaints managers is due to call me again next Wednesday. Now well beyond 42 days; I switched on 31/1. If Iresa still have not responded, I have no idea how the issue might be resolved. Thanks for your interest though.
    PS: launch some competitive tariffs and I'll be back like a shot!
    Glad to try and help macman.

If this goes on much longer, we'll estimate a final reading based on past usage. I suspect this is what the suggested reading we've talked about is. This will be replaced once the actual reading comes through. Messy, I know, but it does move things forward a little.

It's good you've raised a complaint with us as this will now be being looked after by a Resolution Manager in the right area of the business. These have access to systems specifically to do with a change of supplier and have set contact numbers for similar advisors at the other suppliers.

Thanks for your patience macman.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 21st Apr 17, 3:35 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Iresa have finally added a meter reading to my account. Not precisely the same as I submitted on the day of the switch, 0.2kWh above but close enough.

I never received an email requesting a meter reading at any time. I did submit a reading when I first logged into my account and 2 more later ones on the day of the switch and the day after the original switch date estimate. Maybe this is why I never received any email. It might explain why the reading is a tiny bit above the reading I submitted on the switch day. A fairly insignificant amount so not worth questioning.
    Originally posted by A.Penny.Saved
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought electricity was only metered and billed in whole kWh therefore Iresa's system should not even be capable of accepting a meter reading with 0.2 kWh or point anything on the end of the whole kWh quantity.

I currently have an ongoing complaint with Iresa regarding this as a similar thing happened to me when they took over my electricity account. My actual closing reading with EON was 6063. This was passed to Iresa but the opening reading with Iresa which eventually appeared on my Iresa account as 6066.90 even though EON's final bill showed the closing reading as 6066 and billed me for that. So far Iresa have been unable to provide me with a satisfactory explanation for this.

It's not the money involved (which is actually in my favour) it's the principle and my stubborn insistence on knowing how it was possible for this happen.
    Last edited by youravinalarrrf; 21-04-2017 at 4:12 PM.
    E.ON Meter Readings
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought electricity was only metered and billed in whole kWh therefore Iresa's system should not even be capable of accepting a meter reading with 0.2 kWh or point anything on the end of the whole kWh quantity.

I currently have an ongoing complaint with Iresa regarding this as a similar thing happened to me when they took over my electricity account. My actual closing reading with EON was 6063. This was passed to Iresa but the opening reading with Iresa which eventually appeared on my Iresa account as 6066.90 even though EON's final bill showed the closing reading as 6066 and billed me for that. So far Iresa have been unable to provide me with a satisfactory explanation for this.

It's not the money involved (which is actually in my favour) it's the principle and my stubborn insistence on knowing how it was possible for this happen.
    Originally posted by youravinalarrrf

Just to confirm youravinalarrrf. As you thought, meter readings on our bills and systems are dealt with as whole numbers. A lot of meters do have digits that follow the decimal point (often in red) but we don't ask for these. Similarly with our online accounts, although boxes follow the decimal point, they're greyed out as we don't need these digits. I can't speak for other suppliers though.

Malc
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 22nd Apr 17, 7:10 AM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved

Originally posted by youravinalarrrf
    Yes it is and Iresa do only accept only whole meter readings but the reading shown on my account does have a decimal place.

My meter does have a clock like dial next to the digits but no one ever uses or reads that.

It looks like some average or calculated reading to me seeing as the reading with a decimal place was never provided and it is so close to the reading that I did provide. Why they did this is unknown as they did get a reading on the date of the switch so it should not of been necessary to calculate anything.
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 22nd Apr 17, 7:57 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    All meter readings have to go through a industry third party for validation before they eventually appear in your online account so that may be where these mysterious point something of a kWh are coming from.

Having said that though the new supplier must use exactly the same meter reading to open the new account as the old supplier uses to close the old account to prevent any possible double charging for the same energy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,999Posts Today

6,342Users online

Martin's Twitter