Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 606Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 21
    • DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 13th Mar 17, 8:07 AM
    • 409 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    I've submitted 2 sets of meter readings so far and they are both showing up on my online account. Just waiting for final bill and refund from British Gas now. I'm happy with Iresa (so far).
    • icharus
    • By icharus 13th Mar 17, 12:42 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    icharus
    I'm of similar stance - I neither want nor have a Twitter or Facebook account. I don't see why I should have to sign up to either just because Iresa aren't able to respond to customer's queries via their own means of internal communication - ie: email or using the website.

I sent them a message, only to not receive any form of reply or acknowledgement. I had to send a complaint using their help and support before both the complaint and message were resolved. This just isn't on, but if it means I have to raise a complaint each time I message them, I'll do just that.
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    I am in the same boat. I have resisted Twitter and Facebook and don't want to be compelled to use them as a method of communication with any company. It is difficult because Iresa take weeks to respond to e-mails, even if sent as a complaint, and a telephone call can be over an hours wait. I hope that once my account is established and fully operational that I will not need to contact them.

I initiated my transfer on 11th January and as of 13th March my account now appears to be fully operational, apart from the gas meter entry saying 'Payment Type Unknown'. The whole process has taken over two months. My only concern at the moment is that they have only taken one D.D. on the 30th January and nothing since!

I have tried to be proactive from the beginning and provide meter references and readings and find ways of sending readings even though the online meter reading system had not been set up. I even alerted Iresa to the fact that they had only taken one D.D. Now I am going to be hands off and just let matters take their course.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 13th Mar 17, 12:55 PM
    • 489 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    beardiedog
    Update:

Gas transferred over today. Meter reading entered onto the website and acknowledged this morning.

Everything going fine so far
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 13th Mar 17, 1:19 PM
    • 989 Posts
    • 507 Thanks
    poppellerant
    I even alerted Iresa to the fact that they had only taken one D.D. Now I am going to be hands off and just let matters take their course.
    Originally posted by icharus
    I would read their terms and conditions to make sure you won't be charged and check your end that the direct debit is still active and not cancelled.
    Other charges
    3.6 In addition to our standard charges for supplying you we may also charge you for other reasonable costs, including:

(a) costs in recovering money you owe us, including administration costs and the costs of visiting your property or obtaining a warrant of entry;

(b) costs to repair a damaged meter;

(c) costs to visit your property to disconnect or reconnect your supply;

(d) costs investigating and/or resolving any interference by you with your meter or theft of energy at the property;

(e) where you failed to keep an agreed appointment with us or our agents;

(f) if you fail to respond to our efforts to contact you and we have to visit your property;

(g) administration costs arising from payment failures, such as cancelled direct debits;

(h) replacing any card, key or token that you lose or damage; or

(i) if you ask us to upgrade your supply arrangements of if we are required to do so.
    • icharus
    • By icharus 13th Mar 17, 2:35 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    icharus
    I would read their terms and conditions to make sure you won't be charged and check your end that the direct debit is still active and not cancelled.

I had already checked at my end, and the direct debit is still showing in place. I also sent them an e-mail on 8th March asking why they had not taken payment. As per their usual format they have not responded to my e-mail.

As I said I am no longer going to be proactive, and am also not going to try and work round their system to try and make things work. I have met my obligations and more. It is up to Iresa now.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Mar 17, 2:37 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Well, over a month since my switch. Opening reads, and interim reads on the 15th of Feb are shown on the account for both fuels, but of the readings submitted on the 28th of February only the electricity readings show up, gas is still missing.

No bills have been raised yet either.

I've also noticed that, other than the advance payment on the 26th January, Iresa haven't taken any more money. The DD is still active with the bank, they just haven't requested it.

I expect it will be a double payment next month, which is no problem as the money is there at my end, it'll just sit earning insignificant interest, but if the 'surge in new business' means they can't even collect cash on time, it doesn't inspire much confidence.

Regarding poppellerant's comment, as far as I'm concerned with no bill and an active DD, any delays are entirely down to them, so in the (extremely unlikely IMO) event they were to try and levy charges they'd have a fight on their hands. That said, I think I'll email them and point out the situation just so it's all in writing.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Mar 17, 2:46 PM
    • 17,006 Posts
    • 11,184 Thanks
    molerat
    6 weeks in. No meter set up and no bills. Both payments showing and 14p interest added
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Mar 17, 2:55 PM
    • 4,193 Posts
    • 2,436 Thanks
    Hengus
    I am rather hoping that Ofgem is knocking on their door. My gas transactions haven't been updated since I complained about their use of an incorrect calorific value. I am a day away from being in a position to take the matter to the EO.
    • MCGONIS
    • By MCGONIS 13th Mar 17, 3:37 PM
    • 682 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    MCGONIS

I had already checked at my end, and the direct debit is still showing in place. I also sent them an e-mail on 8th March asking why they had not taken payment. As per their usual format they have not responded to my e-mail.

As I said I am no longer going to be proactive, and am also not going to try and work round their system to try and make things work. I have met my obligations and more. It is up to Iresa now.
    Hi. Regarding the Direct Debits in advance. I just checked my account and they do seem to take one in advance of the supply start date and then delay the next one.

My supply started on 15 November. They took my 1st payment on 7 November, then 22 December and then 23 January. My mum and dad's account is the same. Supply started 16 November, payments taken 7 November, 22 December, 23 January.

So I think when your next one is taken, this will be your regular date from them on.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 13th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 3,196 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    I am rather hoping that Ofgem is knocking on their door. My gas transactions haven't been updated since I complained about their use of an incorrect calorific value. I am a day away from being in a position to take the matter to the EO.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Is this relevant?

"Good news in your Monday mug! We have updated our calorific value, and our customers have been refunded the difference for past usage"

https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/status/841209081767550976
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 13th Mar 17, 6:07 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Similar thing has also been posted on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/IresaLimited/posts/

Happy Monday Everybody
    Let us start the week with some good news! We have updated our calorific value, and all customers have been refunded the amended difference from past usage. This has resulted in a little delay in this month's bill, but rest assured your bill will be available shortly with the new, up to date calorific value
    They've even managed to update their FAQ's on their website with a new description!

There are a wide variety of meters installed in different homes across the United Kingdom. Each meter has a specified unit for the reading it shows. The most commonly used ones are KWH, M3 and FT3. Electricity readings are usually in KWH while Gas readings are commonly read in units of M3 and FT3. Like most energy suppliers, Iresa has adopted the KWH as the unified billing unit for all valid readings submitted for billing purposes. It is therefore important to convert from the base unit of the meter to KWH.
    Suppliers are required to maintain a calorific value between a legal limit of 38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3 (see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-meter-readings-and-bill-calculation). We use a calorific value based on your region as provided by National Grid.
    • Correction Factor for Temperature and Pressure = 1.02264
    • Divisor Factor for KWh Conversion = 3.6
    • Multiplier to convert from FT3 to M3 = 2.83
    Conversion from from FT3 to KWH
    • Multiplier = 2.83* (38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3) * 1.02264 /3.6 = (30.5485 to 32.9602)
    Conversion from from M3 to KWH
    • Multiplier = (38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3) * 1.02264 /3.6 = (10.7945 to 11.6467)
    To bill you for consumption we will calculate the difference between two validated meter readings and multiply this value by the multiplier of the base unit.
    I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the next bills.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Mar 17, 6:18 PM
    • 4,193 Posts
    • 2,436 Thanks
    Hengus
    Similar thing has also been posted on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/IresaLimited/posts/

They've even managed to update their FAQ's on their website with a new description!

I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the next bills.
    Originally posted by youravinalarrrf
    Good news if it is true but is Twitter now the only way of communicating with customers?
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 13th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    • 3,196 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Good news if it is true but is Twitter now the only way of communicating with customers?
    Don't know about Facebook but they've posted about 20 tweets today - mostly announcements, some replies to customers. Phone support appears diabolical; guess the recent ending of various fixes has caught them out; no excuse of-course - perhaps should have said "no CS support by phone" which is effectively where they're at.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 13th Mar 17, 6:54 PM
    • 989 Posts
    • 507 Thanks
    poppellerant

Regarding poppellerant's comment, as far as I'm concerned with no bill and an active DD, any delays are entirely down to them, so in the (extremely unlikely IMO) event they were to try and levy charges they'd have a fight on their hands. That said, I think I'll email them and point out the situation just so it's all in writing.
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    I agree with both of you on everything, I really don't see how they can find any wrong in your doings. I hope you didn't think I was implying otherwise, this wasn't my intention.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 13th Mar 17, 9:03 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 1,303 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Recently helped an older relative switch their electric from e.on to Iresa, after we did it for our own electric supply at the end of last year.

Switch has gone very smoothly, with update emails and request for a meter reading for the day of the switch.

All completed well within the 35 day limit, without needing to contact them.

A meter reading was provided at the weekend and it has already appeared in the account, along with the DD credit that was added within a couple of days in the transaction record.

Seems that if you leave them to get on with it, without any changes, or hazzleing them, it can go smoothly!
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    Final bill already arrived from e.on within a week of the changeover, with the actual readings provided passed on from Iresa (and Zog for gas). So switch now complete and relative happy with good rates for another year!
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 14th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    I agree with both of you on everything, I really don't see how they can find any wrong in your doings. I hope you didn't think I was implying otherwise, this wasn't my intention.
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    No, no, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. It's good you pointed it out.
    Re-reading the email that came with the direct debit setup they do ask customers to contact them in case of a problem so I just fired off a quick note but I don't think I'll hear anything.

This might have something to do with it:
    Is this relevant?

"Good news in your Monday mug! We have updated our calorific value, and our customers have been refunded the difference for past usage"

https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/status/841209081767550976
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    They really do like working down to the wire on things don't they!

• you_llneverwalkalone
    • By you_llneverwalkalone 14th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    • 191 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    you_llneverwalkalone
    Just switched today.

I,ve received the direct debit setup email but not the order acknowledgement email.

Could anyone please tell me how long it had taken for them to receive the acknowledgement email?

Thanks!
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 14th Mar 17, 1:33 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Just switched today.

I,ve received the direct debit setup email but not the order acknowledgement email.

Could anyone please tell me how long it had taken for them to receive the acknowledgement email?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by you_llneverwalkalone
    In my case the "You've set up a Direct Debit", "Your Order Confirmation" and "Order Acknowledgement" emails were all received within a couple of minutes of each other on the same day as the order was placed online.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Final Bill
    Just had my final bill off Eon. All sorted? Nope. Gas is fine.

Eon have used an estimated reading for elec so iresa have obviously not bothered to pass on the reading I sent to them on 08 Feb.

Still no direct debit taken for March.

Absolute joke of a company. They should be stopped from taking on any new customers as they obviously can't cope with the demand and their systems are pretty poor.
    Originally posted by Gambler
    Hello Gambler.

Is the estimated electricity meter reading different to the one you gave Iresa? When we receive readings from the third party (Data Collector), we show them as estimates as they're not yours or from a meter reader.

If it's different, the third party could've sent the same reading to us and Iresa so both suppliers can use it to start/close their respective accounts. This stops the same electricity from being charged twice.

Provided the difference is above 250 kWh, the change can be challenged through an industry wide process known as an Agreed Readings Dispute (ARD). The two suppliers will re-agree a reading and re-submit it. Once approved, both suppliers will amend their bills accordingly. If below 250 kWh, an ARD can't be used and the current reading will stand. This will mean paying one supplier for more kWh's than expected but this is balanced out by paying the other less.

A final thought. As you sent the reading over a month ago and if nothing has come through, we could've automatically have estimated. If this is the case, we'll re-bill once we receive the actual reading from the third party.

Sorry for the speculation Gambler.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Luckwudaveit
    • By Luckwudaveit 15th Mar 17, 9:04 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Luckwudaveit
    Just had my final electric bill from BG but for one day they have put me on the standard tariff, despite knowing I was switching. I called them and quoted the Supply Licence Conditions as above, but the senior advisor will not budge. It's only a few pence, but it's the principle and will also apply to the gas final bill. I threatened with refer to ofgem, but it made no difference. Any advice?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,278Posts Today

7,065Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin