Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Old Style MoneySaving > Cheap Slimming World Recipes ideas (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cheap Slimming World Recipes ideas
Closed Thread
Views: 56,618
# 1
Triker
Old 08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Cheap Slimming World Recipes ideas

Hi there, I've stolen this idea from Moneypanicker, thanks hun, who started a thread re weightwatchers recipes.

Well I have just *ahem* restarted Slimming World and although it's early days I just need that failsafe few favourite recipes (cheap of course) to whip up when I feel uninspired.

So I wondered if any of you good folk may have a selection of favourites that you have found particularly cheap and easyish, so that I can pilfer them and use them for myself.

Pretty please with sugar Splenda on the top.

Thank you. XX
DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
It matters not if you try and fail,
And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
# 2
Triker
Old 09-09-2007, 9:26 AM

Anyone :confused: ?
And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
# 3
a1969baby
Old 09-09-2007, 9:46 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Hello!!

Sorry can't add anything useful yet, but I am due to start Slimming World tomorrow So will be watching this thread with interest

Are you going to the classes, or doing it yourself at home?

A x
How long til I get a star??.....Oooh I've got one!!
The Following User Says Thank You to a1969baby For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
SPARKY16
Old 09-09-2007, 9:54 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

what kind of recipes are you looking for my favourite on slimming world is chips, burger, beans, and maybe an egg all cooked with frylight or chilli con carne there is lots you can eat
when im really hungry and and need something sweet i do rice pudding with lots of sweetner
hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to SPARKY16 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Triker
Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1969baby View Post
Hello!!

Sorry can't add anything useful yet, but I am due to start Slimming World tomorrow So will be watching this thread with interest

Are you going to the classes, or doing it yourself at home?

A x

Hiya thanks for the reply, decided to go to classes. Haven't got the motivation otherwise. Have tried before just doing from home but no joy. I have a new consultant and I like her which I think helps immensely.

Also as this is my third time round I don't feel so intimidated or shy and as I have a plan, which is to lose some weight before I turned forty, I will try to use this focus to get me through my non-motivated bits. Good luck at class tomorrow. XX
The Following User Says Thank You to Triker For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
squeaky
Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Send a message via MSN to squeaky

Hi all

Two things here...
  1. There's a VERY good thread filled with lots of advice and support on the I wanna board:- Lose Weight 14
  2. We have a collection of recipes for those who are watching their weight and you can find it here:- Losing Weight Recipes Collection
Please use the collection for recipes, and the Lose Weight thread for support.
Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squeaky For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Triker
Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY16 View Post
what kind of recipes are you looking for my favourite on slimming world is chips, burger, beans, and maybe an egg all cooked with frylight or chilli con carne there is lots you can eat
when im really hungry and and need something sweet i do rice pudding with lots of sweetner
hope this helps

Hi, well I just wondered if anyone had a particular favourite that they can whip up in no time and that is cheap ala moneysaving.

Also any links to slimming world recipe sites as I had loads but lost them all when my computer got a glitch ages ago.

Also I have a slowcooker and wondered also if there any recipes that anyone has that they would like to share. XX
# 8
bellsbells
Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Cottage pie is always good - you can make it green by doing lentils, onions, tin of toms and seasoning for the bottom with potato mash on top or as red if you use lean mince, onions adn a tin of toms with a carott and swede mash on top.
There is a new recipe book that has just come out in class called 'Comfort Foods' and it is full of cheap looking recipes that used staples like lentils and root veg

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellsbells For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
toria27
Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi, I am on slimming world too!!! I have lost 31Ib so far. I have just started making baked bean lasagne and its gorgeous and cheap much nicer than meat one too.

2 tins bean
2 tins toms
2 large onions
2 red peppers
some mushrooms
lasagne sheets
cheese
splash worcester sauce
splash soy sauce

fry oinions peppers and mushrooms with frylight until soft, then add all wet stuff, layer in a dish like you would normal lasagne, then cover with foil bake in oven for 20 mins on 180-200, then uncover and add cheese.

I use all tesco value ingredients in this so it works out really cheap, I add 8oz cheese and this makes 4 huge portions, it freezes really well too.

HTH
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to toria27 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
toria27
Old 09-09-2007, 10:18 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I also make rice pudding a lot in the slow cooker, using splena instead of sugar so on a green day all it uses is your milk allowance, its really nice done in there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toria27 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
squeaky
Old 09-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Send a message via MSN to squeaky

Hi all, I'll say this again...

Hi all

Two things here...
  1. There's a VERY good thread filled with lots of advice and support on the I wanna board:- Lose Weight 14
  2. We have a collection of recipes for those who are watching their weight and you can find it here:- Losing Weight Recipes Collection
Please use the collection for recipes, and the Lose Weight thread for support.
Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
The Following User Says Thank You to squeaky For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
poodlehorse
Old 09-09-2007, 10:53 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I have never priced this but I don't think it would be too bad. MAke mash with VFF fromage frais and add crushed garlic, chopped chillis, chopped spring onion, chopped coriander or whatever combo you fancy, it really gives it some flavour and serve with a salmon fillet you have marinaded for 10 mins in a bit of soy a tsp of honey and Chinese 5 spice and then grilled (takes about ten mins to grill from memory). This is free on green if salmon used as a HE b choice as being marinaded the honey is negligible syns as you aren't getting all of it on the salmon once cooked but it does help gorm a glaze. This is my hands down fave recipe for salmon - dieting or not.
# 13
Gingham Ribbon
Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I'm going to close this thread now to keep everything together in the right threads. See Squeaky's posts.

Thanks and good luck with the weightloss.
May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gingham Ribbon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread