Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • izzy786
    • By izzy786 8th Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    izzy786
    Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim
    • 8th Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim 8th Jun 16 at 10:36 PM
    Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me out here.

I've been ignoring a private parking ticket from Horizon Parking Limited since August of last year. A few days ago I received a letter before claim from Gladstone Solicitors.

They're saying that they require either full payment within 14 days or to provide a written acknowledgement of receipt of this letter and a full written response.

Unless a satisfactory response is provided, they are instructed to start proceedings etc.

Any advice on how I can tackle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Izzy
Page 2
    • izzy786
    • By izzy786 16th Aug 16, 8:35 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    izzy786
    Hey Pappa Golf

Update: I have received my directions quesionnaire from the courts recently which I will be submitting shortly. I also need to serve it to the solicitors and also H0riz0n.

So when I serve them the questionnaire do you recommend I should demand they respond to my Part 18 request at that point?

BTW I do not believe I lied at all. The reason I say that is that the particulars of claim are so vague and sparse that you cannot really tell what they actually want. That's what I was referring to. Perhaps I could've worded it better.
    • Simonrobin
    • By Simonrobin 4th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Simonrobin
    Letter Before Claim
    I wonder if someone can help.

I too have received a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones Solicitors.

I originally received a 2nd postal notification of a parking charge from PCM (UK)LTD (I didn't receive the first) regarding being parked in a restricted area. It's an access road to a sorting office and I was dropping off and picking up a passenger collecting from the sorting office.
    I wrote back a without prejudice letter explaining the signage was not clear as the signs the fence look like they apply to the adjacent car parks and yards off the access rd and that I was not parked as the driver never left the vehicle or switched the engine off. I later received two debt collecting agency letters demanding payment which I promptly ignored, as I read on a forum that privity of contract rules entitle the parties of a contract to sue each other for damages – but prevent third parties from doing so. If a contract for parking existed, the parties involved would be myself and the car parking firm.

The debt collection firm are a third party, and therefore cannot take legal action – and implying they can is a false representation of law and fact.

This leads to the Gladstones letter. I have admitted who the driver was and the charge amount has now risen to £ 160 from the original £60.

Does any one have a template letter or can offer any advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Simon
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,293 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I wonder if someone can help.

I too have received a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones Solicitors.

I originally received a 2nd postal notification of a parking charge from PCM (UK)LTD (I didn't receive the first) regarding being parked in a restricted area. It's an access road to a sorting office and I was dropping off and picking up a passenger collecting from the sorting office.
    I wrote back a without prejudice letter explaining the signage was not clear as the signs the fence look like they apply to the adjacent car parks and yards off the access rd and that I was not parked as the driver never left the vehicle or switched the engine off. I later received two debt collecting agency letters demanding payment which I promptly ignored, as I read on a forum that privity of contract rules entitle the parties of a contract to sue each other for damages – but prevent third parties from doing so. If a contract for parking existed, the parties involved would be myself and the car parking firm.

The debt collection firm are a third party, and therefore cannot take legal action – and implying they can is a false representation of law and fact.

This leads to the Gladstones letter. I have admitted who the driver was and the charge amount has now risen to £ 160 from the original £60.

Does any one have a template letter or can offer any advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Simon
    Originally posted by Simonrobin
    This thread belongs to another OP
    PLEASE start your own thread if you want help
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Simonrobin
    • By Simonrobin 4th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Simonrobin
    Apology
    Apologies, will post new thread.
    • Armitch
    • By Armitch 27th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Armitch
    Hi I'm new to this bear with me
    I got a parking ticket last year at Newcastle Airport I didn't actually "set down" I did a U turn before I got to the barrier but was photographed saying I was liable.
    I did a few internet searches and probably mistakenly ignored it I got several reminders and a few debt collectors letters.
    Today I received a letter from Gladstone's Solicitors saying if I don't pay within 14 days it will go to civil court.
    It quotes the Beavis v Parking Eye case on it
    I wondered what my options were.?
    It states it's from UK Parking Patrol but I'm not certain it refers to the airport case or another time I received one this year when parking at work.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 27th Oct 17, 2:18 PM
    • 1,756 Posts
    • 2,870 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Please start your own thread!!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,040Posts Today

7,034Users online

Martin's Twitter