Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 5th Jun 16, 4:45 PM
    • 2,244Posts
    • 14,282Thanks
    parsniphead
    The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......
    • 5th Jun 16, 4:45 PM
    The end of procrastination and disorganisation....... 5th Jun 16 at 4:45 PM
    .............and the above are the reasons for virtually all of my problems in the past and present, be it debt, weight, careers and the state of the house.

I have plans, big plans which I don't have time to pop on here right now, but I intend to use this diary to sort me out once and for all.

It's going to be fun.....a real step into the unknown.

I can't wait.
    Nothing gets better until you get better.
Page 8
    • boxofpaws
    • By boxofpaws 25th Feb 17, 1:42 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    boxofpaws
    If we have less debt than last month, we really should be proud. We're all in debt because there have been too many months where we have spent more than we have earned. Spending within our means is a huge step change.
    Debt 03/01/17 = £42000
    Debt today = £30433
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 25th Feb 17, 5:49 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thanks bob. I'm always amazed at the NST's organisation skills. It scares me a bit, a little like the fly lady folks.

That must have been scary Takingcontrol. My health is more and more on my mind lately. I'm about three stone overweight and only 5' 2" so it shows.....a lot. I'm three years away from my next big birthday and plan to hit it as fit and healthy as I can be.

It's true Boxofpaws abouto have less debt from month to month. It's too easy to focus on what's left, when we should focus on how well we all do.

It's been a very relaxing day today, not much done really, but sometimes it's needed.

I have received my second statement for one of my 0% cards today and again it's only £50 to pay. On the 4% balance payment it should be about £220. I'm assuming they ask for the lower amount while on 0% so there is plenty left to pay interest on after it finishes. Cynical.....me.

Anyway I still have a card which accrues interest, so the extra payment I budgeted for the 0% card will go towards this one for a few months then I can really hit the 0% one.

Three positives for today....
    1. A nice, relaxing day.
    2. A bit of decluttering done.
    3. Some sewing later.

Have a good day all.
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 26th Feb 17, 1:46 AM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Sounds like a good day. Good to read your three things
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe"

Debt neutral 27/03/17 from £40k in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
    • takingcontrolatlast
    • By takingcontrolatlast 26th Feb 17, 3:27 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 2,110 Thanks
    takingcontrolatlast
    That must have been scary Takingcontrol. My health is more and more on my mind lately. I'm about three stone overweight and only 5' 2" so it shows.....a lot. I'm three years away from my next big birthday and plan to hit it as fit and healthy as I can be
    Originally posted by parsniphead
    Yes it was - I'm around 5'3" and like yourself around 3 stone overweight - seem to carry it around the middle and top half small changes all add up Parsnip - i'm up and down with the weight but its my special bday this year so need to get a move on in shifting some of it
    Freedom - you've got to give for what you take
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 3rd Mar 17, 12:21 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Afternoon diary

I'm feeling a bit worried today and need a bit of a kick up the bum to be honest. I had a call yesterday from an ex colleague who wants for me to do some work for him and it could be a big thing, relatively speaking of course. But for some silly reason Im having a huge loss of nerve. I need to be brave and just go for it but things have gone so wrong in the past year I'm being a bit of a fraidy cat.

On a positive note I have some plans for the veg garden. I have had some big success in the past so it should be good and help save money. So far I have plans to grow....

Carrots
    Spinach
    Spring onions
    Radish
    Mixed leaf/lettuce
    Cucumber
    Peppers
    Beans
    Potatoes
    Cabbage
    Broccoli/purple sprouting broccoli
    Parsnips
    Courgettes
    Peas
    Strawberries
    Apples
    Some fruit bushes - not decided yet

I'm not sure if there is anything I have missed, but the food produced will help. Now if the rain will stop I can get things moving.

So I'm thinking good food and excercise in the garden should help with more than one pounds problem.

Right work now. Have a good day.
    • boxofpaws
    • By boxofpaws 3rd Mar 17, 1:36 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    boxofpaws
    There is no kicking-up-the-bum smiley, but consider yourself kicked. Go for it!
    Debt 03/01/17 = £42000
    Debt today = £30433
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 3rd Mar 17, 11:09 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Well. What have you go to loose? If you try and fail at least you tried!

• parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 4th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thank you both. You are completely right.im going to go for it and see what happens.

A busy day today. I need to go and get DS some shoes before the circus this evening.

One thing to do though is get some washing on the line while it's sunny. It makes a lovely change.
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 4th Mar 17, 11:07 AM
    • 4,737 Posts
    • 26,829 Thanks
    in need of direction
    It's really difficult to assess your own abilities objectively. If you trust your ex colleague's judgement normally, why doubt it in this instance? Give it a go.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £79,389.12, target £75,000 by 31/12/17 Offset fund today £4,055.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/17
    Emergency fund £5k/5.5k & £130/200 cash.
    Current weight loss 7/32 by 28 feb 2018
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • takingcontrolatlast
    • By takingcontrolatlast 5th Mar 17, 6:41 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 2,110 Thanks
    takingcontrolatlast
    Haven't been circus in years !

Wow I'm so jealous that you can grow all your own - how rewarding that must feel - and I luved the llbs comment

I agree with everyone and glad you decided to go for the work - believe in your abilities

Things are looking up Parsnip
    Freedom - you've got to give for what you take
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 5th Mar 17, 10:16 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thank you INOD and takingcontrol. You are all right and i should stop being a big chicken. If others appreciate my talents then why do i doubt myself....

Another issue is of a more supernatural one. You see i think there may be some kind of portal in my house. No matter how much i clear out, recycle and throw away, there is more when i look again. Where the flip does it come from. This week is clearing the decks week. DH has had a talking to as he has a stupid amount of clothes. What is it with men and t shirts? Im going to put all my long clothes in the spare room wardrobe and he can have the bedroom one. Any more clothes hanging of the bedstead and bits will be chopped off.

IVE HAD IT WITH STUFF.

AND BREATHE........
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 6th Mar 17, 12:25 AM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    It's breeding! Ahhhhhhhhh

• parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 6th Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    I sometimes wonder. Two bags went out yesterday and i did a pile of washing and cleaning before work. I even polished the bedroom at 5.30 am.

I need to get it done as the garden will need a bit more work this year if its going to feed us.
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 6th Mar 17, 6:44 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Wow impressive!!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 7th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Thank you INOD and takingcontrol. You are all right and i should stop being a big chicken. If others appreciate my talents then why do i doubt myself....

Another issue is of a more supernatural one. You see i think there may be some kind of portal in my house. No matter how much i clear out, recycle and throw away, there is more when i look again. Where the flip does it come from. This week is clearing the decks week. DH has had a talking to as he has a stupid amount of clothes. What is it with men and t shirts? Im going to put all my long clothes in the spare room wardrobe and he can have the bedroom one. Any more clothes hanging of the bedstead and bits will be chopped off.

IVE HAD IT WITH STUFF.

AND BREATHE........
    Originally posted by parsniphead
    I know what you mean about men and t shirts! I don't know where they keep coming from, but I've told my OH that the wardrobe is now operating a strict one in one out policy,so if he buys anything he needs to get rid of something he doesn't wear
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 28/11/17 - £132 £667/£1,000 emergency fund £640 saved for household jobs
    • boxofpaws
    • By boxofpaws 8th Mar 17, 10:29 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    boxofpaws
    5 30 am housework? There ought to be rules about this sort of behaviour.
    Debt 03/01/17 = £42000
    Debt today = £30433
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 9th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    5 30 am housework? There ought to be rules about this sort of behaviour.
    Originally posted by boxofpaws
    I get up at 5am to take DH to bus station for 6am. It's just a bit of dead time I can get stuff done. I wouldn't do it from choice, a lie ins much nicer.

I know what you mean about men and t shirts! I don't know where they keep coming from, but I've told my OH that the wardrobe is now operating a strict one in one out policy,so if he buys anything he needs to get rid of something he doesn't wear
    Originally posted by lcc86
    Allegedly he is having a clear out tomorrow. Any bets on it happening.

Wow impressive!!
    Originally posted by Bobarella
    It's once in a blue moon to be polishing at stupid o clock. More of a putting washing away time.

Three days off now and I'm itching to get into the garden tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to take a trip to Birmingham tomorrow for fabric. A quick trip in the rag market and fancy silk store, then back home.

I realised this week that my fixed term contract finishes mid June, not July, so an extra months money to find. It will be nice to have to time though. Almost a month before DS breaks up from school to get some real work done at home. I want as much of the stupidest, silly stuff (decluttering) done before this time.

Time for food now, I've not eaten since 12 and I'm ravenous.
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 9th Mar 17, 10:22 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Enjoy your days off!

• parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 19th Mar 17, 4:16 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Being tough and taking control (not that one)
    Oh its been an interesting weekend. I have been struggling with my weight for many years now and decided no more. Anyway im currently on day three of the military diet. I was 11st 12lbs on friday morning. It will be interesti g to jump on the scales tomorrow morning.I needed a big kick start and this has definately been one. Even if its water weight. Which goes back on im inspired at the moment. Im definately inspired to carry on eating better after a weekend of deprivation. No actullay it wasnt as bad as i expected. I will be FIT AND HEALTHY by summer. If i dont care for myself, how can i care properly about all other areas of my life.

House....the same. Tears out hair.

Money...struggling, but every month I'm less and less i ln debt.

I have a bunch of stuff i need to sell.

Washable nappies
    Bumbo
    An original 50's kitchen unit
    Old kids clothes

I just need to find the right place to do it. DH uses gumtree but im not sure. I struggle with ebay as i find it such a hastle. Perhaps i should look at facebook selling sites.

The weather has been up and down so i have not been in the garden as much as i want to. Roll on lighter nights.

I need to try and get on here more but there are just not enough hours in the day at the moment. I just lurk on diarys reading at the moment.
    • boxofpaws
    • By boxofpaws 19th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    boxofpaws
    What's the military diet? I need something to kickstart me too.
    Debt 03/01/17 = £42000
    Debt today = £30433
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

365Posts Today

1,596Users online

Martin's Twitter