Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 5th Jun 16, 4:45 PM
    • 2,334Posts
    • 14,841Thanks
    parsniphead
    The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......
    • 5th Jun 16, 4:45 PM
    The end of procrastination and disorganisation....... 5th Jun 16 at 4:45 PM
    .............and the above are the reasons for virtually all of my problems in the past and present, be it debt, weight, careers and the state of the house.

I have plans, big plans which I don't have time to pop on here right now, but I intend to use this diary to sort me out once and for all.

It's going to be fun.....a real step into the unknown.

I can't wait.
    Don't let yourself be controlled by three things: people, money or past experiences.

2018 My year of creation, living life and learning.

The purpose of life is to create a life of purpose. Richard Gregg
Page 50
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 24th Jan 18, 8:09 AM
    • 2,334 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thank you all for your comments. They are very appreciated.

A strange weekend here because of a huge meltdown from me and the mother of all rows with my husband. Sometimes things give and this was a weekend for that. Things are a bit better now but its made me realise I need to get life sorted.

Anyway today is my day off and I have shopping first thing then the day to do what I want. I may be totally selfish and spend it on myself doing exactly what I want. It won't be sitting reading in the park though as the rain is horrendous.

I've been looking at finances in the past few days because I had lost track of where I was or what I owed. I feel a bit better knowing where I stand, if not annoyed with it all.

Anyway time to take DS to school in the rain.

Have a good day all
    Don't let yourself be controlled by three things: people, money or past experiences.

• abba1772
    • By abba1772 24th Jan 18, 8:42 AM
    • 4,338 Posts
    • 14,258 Thanks
    abba1772
    I think some time to yourself to do what you want is a great idea parsnip xx
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 £3572.57 NOW £2934.88
    POAMAYC 2011 £6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £1884.24
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 24th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    • 2,334 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thanks abba.

I ended up doing some cleaning. I k ow this sounds like I can't give myself time BUT while cleaning being the setter and moving loads of carp dropped down there by D'S I found loads of bits of change.........then.............a £20 note.

It's now in my purse. ....Mawahaha.

Sometimes cleaning is not so bad.

• Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 25th Jan 18, 2:42 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 1,339 Thanks
    Chrystal
    Thanks abba.

I ended up doing some cleaning. I k ow this sounds like I can't give myself time BUT while cleaning being the setter and moving loads of carp dropped down there by D'S I found loads of bits of change.........then.............a £20 note.

It's now in my purse. ....Mawahaha.

Sometimes cleaning is not so bad.
    Originally posted by parsniphead
    I had a giggle at that PH

I reckon a Good Fairy was watching all the hassle you've had and decided to give you a nice reward.. just make sure you spend it on something that YOU want. ((hugs)) XX
    GC. Oct.17 = £261.18/ £300 = + £38.82 NSDs 20/31
    GC. Sept.17 = £354.89/£300 = - £54.39

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 25th Jan 18, 7:25 AM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 11,993 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Thanks abba.
    )
    So cleaning is rewarding after all. Who knew?

I agree with Chrystal. A treat for you is the name of the game
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/February 2018=1,670
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 25th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    • 4,850 Posts
    • 27,619 Thanks
    in need of direction
    Only thing I'm likely to find is a half eaten dog chew. Maybe that's why I'm not incentivised to clean!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £78,892.61, target £65,000 by 31/12/18 Offset fund today £4,075.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/18
    Emergency fund £3.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.
    Current weight loss10/32 by 28 feb 2018
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 4th Feb 18, 9:55 AM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 11,993 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Hope you are doing okay parsniphead
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 4th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 1,116 Posts
    • 6,790 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Hope all is ok and you are just choosing to take a break. Was thinking about both you and DIA yesterday
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 7th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 2,334 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thank you all for hour comments. Things have been a bit busy and I will come back but I'm thinking a new diary as I'm still procrastinating and disorganised, so the title of this one is a lie.

Back soon. Xxx

• Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 7th Feb 18, 7:54 PM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 6,525 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Well it would spoil the saga if the denouement came on page 50, wouldn't it?

"So that was the end of procrastination and disorganisation, folks, the remaining 150 pages will be blank".
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 8th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 2,334 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    parsniphead

"So that was the end of procrastination and disorganisation, folks, the remaining 150 pages will be blank".
    Originally posted by Cherryfudge
    Oh flip, now the thought of 150 blank pages bother me. I guess all those years of school where the teacher checked every page of the writing book had been used before handing over a new one must have rubbed of on me.

I think I will ALWAYS be disorganised and a procrastinator. In guess its just part of my personality. I'm not sure it can be changed.

Another part of my personality which affects part of my life is I spend most of my time with my head in a fantasyland, dream like place. I could day dream and win a gold medal for it I'm sure. its another thing which affects my life so much. I don't know why I do this but I could really do with trying to change this.

Things are tootaling along slowly but I'm in the middle of a full blown mid life crisis, hence being missing for a few weeks. I will tell all later, it should give you a right laugh.

Anyway time for food. Have a good night all.
    Last edited by parsniphead; 08-02-2018 at 7:23 PM.

• in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 8th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • 4,850 Posts
    • 27,619 Thanks
    in need of direction
    you'd have competition from me for that medal
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £78,892.61, target £65,000 by 31/12/18 Offset fund today £4,075.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/18
    Emergency fund £3.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.
    Current weight loss10/32 by 28 feb 2018
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • boxofpaws
    • By boxofpaws 11th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 1,861 Thanks
    boxofpaws
    I am pleased you did this. Matching undies are the ultimate in self care.
    Originally posted by doingitanyway

True

Debt is so damaging. It causes so much hurt and pain. It takes away opportunity and adventure. It takes away a decent life.

Also true

Originally posted by Cherryfudge

I absolutely LOVE this diary. So much wisdom and good humour, from you and your readers. Whenever I read it, I feel like I have walked into your kitchen where you are all sitting, drinking tea and discussing life.
    Debt 03/01/17 = £42000
    Debt today = £27,819.22
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 11th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 11,993 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    True
    I absolutely LOVE this diary. So much wisdom and good humour, from you and your readers. Whenever I read it, I feel like I have walked into your kitchen where you are all sitting, drinking tea and discussing life.
    Originally posted by boxofpaws
    What a lovely post. You are right Boxofpaws. Loose Women has nothing on the talk going on over here
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 11th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 11,993 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Are you okay Parsniphead?
    I live in my head too. It's interesting in there most of the time. A coffee somewhere nice and an hour with a nice notebook and i am in heaven. I am a real dreamer (or planner or visionary if I want to re-language it) We are both okay
    Sending a hug (())
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 11th Feb 18, 5:19 PM
    • 2,334 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    parsniphead
    you'd have competition from me for that medal
    Originally posted by in need of direction
    Yes. I do get the feeling we have a lot of dreamers on DFW diaries. I like fellow dreamers.

• Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 11th Feb 18, 5:20 PM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 6,525 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Oh flip, now the thought of 150 blank pages bother me. I guess all those years of school where the teacher checked every page of the writing book had been used before handing over a new one must have rubbed of on me.
    I think we had the same teacher. Don't worry about the 150 blank pages, they are a call to creative people to fill them up somehow. What the teacher didn't recognise is that some blank space is helpful to see the creative work properly. What else are full stops for?

I wouldn't get too hung up on whether you procrastinate and don't organise... in my opinion procrastination is about a natural reluctance to leave the comfortable to face the uncomfortable, it's not who you are. When life gets tough we naturally tend to go to safe places, whether those are in our heads or in inactivity/displacement activities. I am particularly good at displacement activites. Narrowly missed the Olympic Team for it, in fact, but that's okay: I put off my practice so often my heart clearly wasn't in it.

As for living in our heads, that's because we are creative.

Hugs and support for this hard time in your life xx
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 11th Feb 18, 5:22 PM
    • 2,334 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    parsniphead
    True

Also true

Originally posted by boxofpaws
    I'm lucky to have so many lovely visitors who are so full of knowledge.

Oh my goodness, the thought of anyone seeing my kitchen. Half artexed and half plaster and 60's white kitchen units which are falling apart. You're welcome to a cup of tea but you're not going in the kitchen.

• parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 11th Feb 18, 5:29 PM
    • 2,334 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    parsniphead
    What a lovely post. You are right Boxofpaws. Loose Women has nothing on the talk going on over here
    Oh my goodness, I hope we're a bit classier than the loose women.

Are you okay Parsniphead?
    I live in my head too. It's interesting in there most of the time. A coffee somewhere nice and an hour with a nice notebook and i am in heaven. I am a real dreamer (or planner or visionary if I want to re-language it) We are both okay
    Sending a hug (())
    I'm OK. I've just spent a lot of time lurching between being a dolly daydream and grieving for my 18 year old self. Silly old c0w.....me, not you.

I love being a dreamer too but it does impact on real life when you don't get things done. Perhaps doing something crazy is what's needed. Mmmm, how about pillar box red hair. I always fancied it.

Nice notebooks though, nothing better. Well......

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 11th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 11,993 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Oh my goodness, I hope we're a bit classier than the loose women.
    I'm OK. I've just spent a lot of time lurching between being a dolly daydream and grieving for my 18 year old self. Silly old c0w.....me, not you.

I love being a dreamer too but it does impact on real life when you don't get things done. Perhaps doing something crazy is what's needed. Mmmm, how about pillar box red hair. I always fancied it.

Nice notebooks though, nothing better. Well......
    Don't mess with your hair until you feel better!!!!

Do the loose women lack class I didn't know. But isn't Gloria Honeybunch one of them? She is classy. No? I must confess i don't watch them but they talk about life and drink tea? no?

I know what you mean about not getting things done...I never seem to get to the end of my dishes...

My 18 year old self was a complete idiot. I am glad we are no longer equated That said I preferred her boobs

Keep posting parsniphead. I miss your funny wisdom
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

877Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter