Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 5th Jun 16, 4:45 PM
    • 2,244Posts
    • 14,282Thanks
    parsniphead
    The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......
    • 5th Jun 16, 4:45 PM
    The end of procrastination and disorganisation....... 5th Jun 16 at 4:45 PM
    .............and the above are the reasons for virtually all of my problems in the past and present, be it debt, weight, careers and the state of the house.

I have plans, big plans which I don't have time to pop on here right now, but I intend to use this diary to sort me out once and for all.

It's going to be fun.....a real step into the unknown.

I can't wait.
    Nothing gets better until you get better.
Page 40
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 9th Oct 17, 6:34 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Ah, thank you both for the comments.

I woke up feeling particularly grumpy this morning. A perfect storm of not liking my job, being extremely bored when there when I'm not good at being bored and loving being in my home, especially with loads to do. Anyway I have myself a good talking to and told myself I need the job to do other stuff. Plus it's better to find a new job when in employment. I must have a nose in the art dept again to see if any opportunities have arisen. I also need to get my portfolio sorted just in case.

This morning I'm going to have a bit of breakfast, get DS ready and do some tidying up.....it needs it.

When I get back tonight I plan to set myself a target of getting the stairs cleared and sorting out any washing, which is not too bad at the moment.

Small steps will make big changes.

Have a good day all. P x
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 9th Oct 17, 7:18 AM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Morning lovely! Your enthusiasm is contagious, I'm going to go through the toys and see what I can get rid of. I'm the opposite to you. I don't love work but hate being at home on my own! Although love being at home with the small ones and family.
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 9th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 948 Posts
    • 4,243 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I so love reading your diary.

I'm also so happy for you - windows, trees and wiring... oh and the boiler. That's going to be massively disrupting, so if you have friends with spare sofas even if it's for a bit of piece and quiet during waking hours - make the most of them. If you haven't, just be prepared for dust and dirt and very little privacy for a short while, but it will be worth it. It really will, though having had similar works done, we have gone into a slump and cant face even basic decorating a couple of years later! Though I have the feeling you are made of stronger stuff than I am.

Small steps will make big changes.
    Originally posted by parsniphead
    What a great motto! I shall adopt it as I have come back from the holiday cottage with a cleaning mojo (which was free ) so I want to tackle some kitchen cupboards before work today.
    Last edited by Cherryfudge; 09-10-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Typos
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 11th Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    I'm sorry..... you will be so annoyed by me mentioning this but.....

I've done most of DS's Christmas shopping.

Parsnip duck as bricks are lobbed.

But its only 73 or 72 days away. I hate shopping and crowds so it needs to be done early.

Shopping is so boring but I did pop into ultimate outdoors looking for a coat and saw a lovely, big £600 tent reduced to £250. Cheap holidays and weekends away. Possibly.............

Right stop waffling. Alterations to do and a hovel to continue clearing........oh and more diaries to read at lunch time.

P xxx
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 11th Oct 17, 1:23 PM
    • 4,022 Posts
    • 12,329 Thanks
    abba1772
    I'm buying bits as I go along for Xmas but most of the money is by for Black Friday in November hoping to get some bargains xx
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 £3572.57 NOW £4536.82
    POAMAYC 2011 £6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 £6797.54 / £6000
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 11th Oct 17, 3:35 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 4,243 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I'm sorry..... you will be so annoyed by me mentioning this but.....

I've done most of DS's Christmas shopping.
    You are amazing (says she through gritted teeth )!

Are you going back for the tent?
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 12th Oct 17, 7:13 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    I'm buying bits as I go along for Xmas but most of the money is by for Black Friday in November hoping to get some bargains xx
    Originally posted by abba1772
    You're brave. Black friday makes me want to hide under my duvet.

You are amazing (says she through gritted teeth )!

Are you going back for the tent?
    Originally posted by Cherryfudge
    It needs to be do. This girl dispises shopping. A maybe on the tent. I'm mulling it over.

A quick on today as im feeling a bit down. The lady I mentioned a while back who was fighting cancer passed away on Monday leaving her gorgeous little boy who is just 5. I feel so heartbroken for the both of them. He has good grandparents and family so will be well loved but.............

Look after yourself everyone and enjoy your life. Xxx
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 12th Oct 17, 7:35 AM
    • 2,225 Posts
    • 10,648 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I'm so sorry to hear about the lady with cancer. How sad for her son and family

to the Christmas shopping

I'm so pleased that you will now (soon) have a lovely mould free home for your son

What a great inspiration for the decluttering, I'm sure you will feel really motivated now and will be able to move mountains
    Last edited by HairyHandofDartmoor; 12-10-2017 at 7:43 AM.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = £818/Emergency Fund 2 = £203.76
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 12th Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    • 4,737 Posts
    • 26,829 Thanks
    in need of direction
    So sorry to hear of another victim of that horrible illness.

Can't believe you have finished your Christmas shopping. I must be the only person here who loves doing it. I have also shopped on behalf of others.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £79,389.12, target £75,000 by 31/12/17 Offset fund today £4,055.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/17
    Emergency fund £5k/5.5k & £130/200 cash.
    Current weight loss 7/32 by 28 feb 2018
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 12th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 948 Posts
    • 4,243 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I'm so sorry to hear about the lady who had cancer. Sending you a hug because I think you need one. xx
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 12th Oct 17, 10:07 PM
    • 4,022 Posts
    • 12,329 Thanks
    abba1772
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your friend........her poor wee boy xx
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 £3572.57 NOW £4536.82
    POAMAYC 2011 £6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 £6797.54 / £6000
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 12th Oct 17, 10:17 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 10,162 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Hearing about your friend is sad and puts trivial things into perspective for me. Sorry you have lost a friend and a boy his mother.
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/November 2017=3,500
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 12th Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thanks guys. You're all gorgeous.

It's the boy I feel so sorry for. I guess it's too close to home. None of us know.

Tonight I have done some outstanding sewing work. I have realised I need to get on and enjoy life.

Just over one week to my holiday. Looking forward to some interrupted quality time with DS and DH.

Have a good nights sleep all. Xxx
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 14th Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    It's been a strange old week with one thing and another, I'm not sad it's coming to an end.

So far today has been a total waste. Nothing done apart from me sitting here worrying how I could have let my house get into such disrepair over the past 15 years, which is pointless really. All I need to do is not let it get worse and start Improving it again.

I go on holiday a week today and have a lot to do between now and then. I thought I would list it out to do help keep me on track.

Finish trousers
    Finish dress
    Make skirt if time.
    Empty shed
    Empty cupboard by boiler
    Clear stairs
    Washing up to date
    More decluttering
    Tidy house before going away. I don't want to come back to a mess.

A lot of the above could have been done today. I'm so annoyed when the demotivated mood kicks in. I'm going to finish the trousers tonight plus clear the stairs and boiler cupboard. But now I'm going into the garden while the sun is shining and sort some stuff in the shed.

I hope you are all having a more productive day.

P x
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 14th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    • 2,225 Posts
    • 10,648 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Sorry you've been feeling fed up today. We all get like that at times. My house needs a lot doing to it, re-rendering, painting, new bathroom, new flooring, new sofas etc etc but I want to be debt free first.

At least you can get your windows done so that will be good. We all regret wasted years, I know I do, but it's best to look forward not back
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = £818/Emergency Fund 2 = £203.76
    • Happierdays
    • By Happierdays 14th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    Happierdays
    Hi sorry to hear of your friend not surprising you feel a little below motivated... hope you feel motivation returning soon and hopefully your hol will perk you up
    Well done on your Xmas shopping- you have inspired me to have a good go at mine this half term... have got a few pressies but be great to get more done (and maybe some even wrapped!?!) by end Oct. ..
    Thanks again and all the best! X
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 14th Oct 17, 9:52 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 10,162 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    It's been a strange old week with one thing and another, I'm not sad it's coming to an end.
    Oh parsniphead I am so with you here. Onwards and upwards for us both
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/November 2017=3,500
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 15th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Sorry you've been feeling fed up today. We all get like that at times. My house needs a lot doing to it, re-rendering, painting, new bathroom, new flooring, new sofas etc etc but I want to be debt free first.

At least you can get your windows done so that will be good. We all regret wasted years, I know I do, but it's best to look forward not back
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Just one of those days HairyHandofDartmoor. It will pass.

Hi sorry to hear of your friend not surprising you feel a little below motivated... hope you feel motivation returning soon and hopefully your hol will perk you up
    Well done on your Xmas shopping- you have inspired me to have a good go at mine this half term... have got a few pressies but be great to get more done (and maybe some even wrapped!?!) by end Oct. ..
    Thanks again and all the best! X
    Originally posted by Happierdays
    Hello happierdays. Oh I had forgot about wrapping. I hope you vet yours done.

Oh parsniphead I am so with you here. Onwards and upwards for us both
    Originally posted by doingitanyway
    Yes we can do it DIA. Have a better week.

Today I took DS to the park and put away some washing. That's it. Nothing else done. My house is upside down, a complete tip. You wouldn't believe I had spent the last goodness knows how many months trying to sort it out. Oh well next week is a new week. Perhaps I will make some progress if I move my butt. I need to keeping telling myself that the less cluttered and sorted it is the easier it will be to clean.

My health is starting to concern me, mainly affected by my excess weight. I have managed, after months of trying, to get back onto my fitness pal. Tomorrow I will begin logging my food again and begin the long process of trying to lose 3 stone. I sometimes feel like I can hardly put one foot in front of another as I feel so heavy and my joints are so painful. I CANNOT let it get any worse.

Five full days before Buxton. What can I achieve.
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 16th Oct 17, 8:51 AM
    • 4,737 Posts
    • 26,829 Thanks
    in need of direction
    Based on previous efforts, you can achieve so much. The thing that is helping me, a bit, with weight is what my coach said. When faced with a choice e.g. Open the Jaffa cakes or not, ask yourself
    If I say yes to this, what am I saying no to.

Having had surgeries on my knee, and given what you've said, it sounds like you could be saying no to joint health, trips to the park, etc.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £79,389.12, target £75,000 by 31/12/17 Offset fund today £4,055.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/17
    Emergency fund £5k/5.5k & £130/200 cash.
    Current weight loss 7/32 by 28 feb 2018
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 16th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Thanks INOD. The Annoying thing is I don't eat badly and very rarely between meals. Oh and I have about one bottle of beer per month. I could understand if i overate rubbish.

I guess I need to find the motivation to exercise. I just need to find which excites me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,923Posts Today

7,685Users online

Martin's Twitter