Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blondie21
    • By blondie21 4th Jun 16, 11:36 AM
    • 572Posts
    • 101Thanks
    blondie21
    Sort term building nsurance
    • 4th Jun 16, 11:36 AM
    Sort term building nsurance 4th Jun 16 at 11:36 AM
    Our house is sale agreed but won't complete for around 3-5 weeks. Our house insurance is up yesterday , thought it was the end of June. What are my options.? Don't want to renew for another full year. Is it possible to renew for a short term only . My existing insurance company don't do this.
Page 1
    • dark knight
    • By dark knight 10th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dark knight
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    +1

I'm in the same boat, anyone got any suggestions?
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 11th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    • 3,009 Posts
    • 1,499 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    Renew and pay by standing order, then cancel standing order when you move out
    • dark knight
    • By dark knight 11th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dark knight
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    I've thought of that but the cancellation fees on most work out at more trhan the peremiums paid, was hoping to find a more cost effective solution.
    • dark knight
    • By dark knight 19th Oct 16, 4:48 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dark knight
    • 19th Oct 16, 4:48 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 4:48 PM
    Quick bump for anyone in the same boat, TSB offer fee free home insurance, currently project two months insurance to cost me circa £45, which is less than most cancellation fees!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,082Posts Today

8,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: Tonight #MartinLewis looks into our family finances; Marriage tax allowance, student loans and child tax credit, 8pm on @ITV?

• Don't forget 8pm tonight ITV - should be a good show. As always my aim is to, in effect, pay you to watch #martinlewis money show

• RT @bbc5live: After midday, money-saving @MartinSLewis will be here to answer your financial questions ????https://t.co/UQMSd5TKbb https://t.?

• Follow Martin