Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ABowman
    • By ABowman 2nd Jun 16, 1:12 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    ABowman
    ES Parking charge - items to include in appeal letter
    • 2nd Jun 16, 1:12 PM
    ES Parking charge - items to include in appeal letter 2nd Jun 16 at 1:12 PM
    I have read the forums here and the relevant threads. I am writing my appeal letter as per the template provided. I received an ES parking Charge for 'parking' on the Spinningfields estate.

I had parked in the NCP car park on the estate and on exiting the car park I paused to check I was ok as I had fallen over in the car park. The engine was running and I was there for a around 1-2 minutes. I saw no signs but I did see a man acting suspiciously behind my car but when I turned to look at what he was doing he stood up and pretended not to see me. I then drove off and thought no more of it.

My ask is for some help with the letter and the grounds for the appeal, are these acceptable items to include?

1. The driver reports that a man was seen acting suspiciously behind the car at the time of the photo being taken but pretended not to see the driver. The driver believes that this person took the photo included in the letter.
    2. There are no adequate signs on the street which can be read by drivers.
    3. No period of parking is stated in the letter, there is nothing to suggest that car was parked at all. (incident time is noted as (15:31)
    4. The driver had no need to park in this location and has a receipt for parking in a nearby car park which would have covered the time given if chosen,

I'm not sure how much to say in the actual appeal - if anything at all?!
    Last edited by ABowman; 02-06-2016 at 1:18 PM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 40,339 Posts
    • 52,194 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Tick NO to mediation!

This is covered in the NEWBIES thread where it says 'Small Claim?' and the second link under that heading gives bargepole's advice on how to complete this paperwork. We never recommend mediation in these cases.

Is there anything I need to complete within the N180 to say that I want it to go to court?
    Yep, put a covering letter with it insisting on a hearing at your local court (you will get that).

To find wording for this - as it happens EVERY time and I'm surprised you haven't seen it when reading other Gladstones claim threads - search this forum and pepipoo for 'straightforward Gladstones':

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

That search finds lots of hits on here and pepipoo, loads of examples of what to say. You could even Google those two words & get results because their template 'let's hear the case on the papers' tactics are that common!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-10-2016 at 6:47 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,426Posts Today

6,600Users online

Martin's Twitter