Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Karl
    • By MSE Karl 25th May 16, 2:01 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MSE Karl
    Economy Energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 25th May 16, 2:01 PM
    Economy Energy reviews: Give your feedback 25th May 16 at 2:01 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Economy Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-09-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Page 2
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 8th Aug 17, 11:53 AM
    • 2,924 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    trinidadone
    I have received a response from this company. I ave been provided a bill based on a estimated bill. I have now been asked for the meter readings which were supplied to this company when I started. There appears to be some serious customer service issues with this company. while there tarrif is advertised as cheap, I have already decided not to remain with this company after the twelve months is up, and that is after being a customer only since April. As this company is unable to provide a first bill, i would not recommend being a customer.
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • MaggiB
    • By MaggiB 11th Aug 17, 11:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MaggiB
    Rubbish service
    I switched supplier to Economy Energy in April 2017. Fixed for 1yr by monthly DD gas & electricity. I explained that as I have Solar Panels my monthly electricity readings would be very low. However I agreed that for the time being I would pay the 'normal' rate for 3 months when it would be reviewed on the evidence of my meter readings. I wish! My monthly readings are not being recorded. I have not had a statement showing my energy use and direct debit payments. I have telephoned the customer helpline and sent emails but cannot get a result. The online account is no better. It is still in it's 'Beta Version'. I am over £100 in credit already. I am unable to get my direct debit payments adjusted or claim a refund in spite of my best efforts. They were quick enough to accept my switch to themselves (after an initial problem getting a reading). I would terminate my contract but there is a £30 exit fee on each product. They have been noted by OFGEN previously about their poor customer service. Obviously they have 'got away with it'. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY . Maybe smart meter users get a better service?
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 12th Aug 17, 10:54 PM
    • 2,924 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    trinidadone
    Dear Economy Energy,

I raised the issues of not receiving a bill in a informal complaint on 10th July 2017. I have reviewed your customer complaints policy, and have emailed a complaint to customer.complaints@economyenergy.co.uk, and requested this complaint is looked at, at the review stage. As a new customer I am disappointed of still awaiting a bill from this company.
    Originally posted by trinidadone
    I am still awaiting for my complaint to be resolved. Terrible customer service, why did I choose this company??? my contract to end could not come quicker enough.
    • bjpirt
    • By bjpirt 17th Aug 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bjpirt
    I just tried signing up after these guys came up tops for price on the comparison. Unfortunately it seems like the online saver account (which is the one that was being compared) is not compatible if you have a smart meter (which are being rolled out to everyone). The only plan available was £170/year more expensive than the one advertised. I think you need to put a note on this supplier saying the plan is only valid if you don't have a smart meter.
    • crabbit_yin
    • By crabbit_yin 8th Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    crabbit_yin
    EconomyEnergy are really quite terrible. They can't seem to get their act together. They NEVER ask for meter readings, so you have to do that by yourself, IF you remember. I joined in Nov 2016 but it took them over 6 months to get ANY web-site accessibility at all. Prior to that I got random bills by post at wildly differing times for gas and electricity, one bill being months out of date. When they finally got their web-site working, it still, to date (8/9/17), will not allow you to see your bills. Plus - they increased my direct debit from £78 to £91 per month, even though I am in credit on both gas (£105) and electricity (£71). Strongly discourage anyone going to this awful company.
    Last edited by crabbit_yin; 08-09-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: forgot to add a detail
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 8th Sep 17, 12:19 PM
    • 2,924 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    trinidadone
    Hello crabbit. I seem to get text messages from this company requesting meter readings, but like you, there seems to be huge billing issues with this company.

I have already contacted the energy ombudsman, and I have been advised I need to give the company eight weeks to address my billing complaint. I am intending to raise the issue with the ombudsman as soon as i possible can.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,774Posts Today

7,549Users online

Martin's Twitter