Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • freddie2
    • By freddie2 18th May 16, 10:36 AM
    • 59Posts
    • 38Thanks
    freddie2
    UKPC Parking Charge
    • 18th May 16, 10:36 AM
    UKPC Parking Charge 18th May 16 at 10:36 AM
    I work at a hospital as a community nurse. The site has controlled parking with a range of permits depending on how long you stay. Permits are paid for by salary deduction.
    I inadvertently parked in a space for which my permit is not valid and got a ticket.
    I have attached a pic of the sign. As you can see it is not easy to work out which permit is required (the clue is the red dot!)
    I plan to submit the following appeal.
    Do those with more experience than me feel this is appropriate?

Dear Sir or Madam

Ticket number:
    Vehicle registration number:

You issued me with a parking ticket on 13/05/16 but I believe it was illegally issued. And I decline your invitation to name the driver, which is not required of me as the keeper of the vehicle. I will not be paying your demand for payment for the following reasons

• There was insufficient signage I believe that the signs were not seen/are ambiguous and the terms unclear to drivers before they park. Further, I understand you do not own the car park and you have given me no information about your policy with the landowner or on site businesses, to cancel such a charge. So please supply that policy as I believe the driver may well be eligible for cancellation.
    Further, the driver has not signed a contract with UKPC and has paid them nothing, since the parking contract is with SCFT, not with UKPC, If this ticket is upheld, proof of contract between the University and UKPC would be requested.
    Please see attached evidence which shows the signage as being ambiguous and difficult to read.

The charge is disproportionate and not commercially justifiable
    The amount you have charged is not based upon any commercially justifiable loss to your company or the landowner. The daily parking fee had been paid through salary deduction, therefore there is no genuine pre-estimate of loss. The sum is disproportionate , nor is it a core price term.
    http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/tracey_young2/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqv62uzed.jpeg.html?o=0
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th May 16, 10:52 AM
    • 12,439 Posts
    • 14,843 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th May 16, 10:52 AM
    • 18th May 16, 10:52 AM
    I doubt that its "illegal", immoral or money grabbing - yes , so INCORRECTLY ISSUED

your appeal should be based on this blue text template in the NEWBIES sticky thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

also check for more assumptions like the above and adapt or remove them , keep it factual but do not name the driver , APPEAL AS KEEPER ONLY

the less you tell them , the better
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • freddie2
    • By freddie2 19th May 16, 6:34 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    freddie2
    • 19th May 16, 6:34 AM
    • 19th May 16, 6:34 AM
    Thank you, will have another look at the sticky!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th May 16, 1:32 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 4,272 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 19th May 16, 1:32 PM
    • 19th May 16, 1:32 PM
    UKPC are very close to being shut down for fraud. Please bring this to the attention of the Trust.

UKPC are former clampers who have been involved in quite a number of sordid scams, for example

Hull Trading Standards took them to court on 15 counts of fraud. UKPC won all but one, but only because they had a better lawyer, a Q.C. If I recall correctly

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=63597

They were bested by a Winchester barrister

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKPC-liable-for-trespass-**SUCCESS**

They were involved in a large scale scam which resulted in a DVLA suspension

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

Then they had another go, this one is still being investigated

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5390608&highlight=ukpc+fraud

And then of course there was Tracey Kiss

http://www.tracykiss.com/product-reviews/my-ukpc-parking-charge/
    Last edited by The Deep; 19-05-2016 at 1:35 PM.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 19th May 16, 1:42 PM
    • 980 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 19th May 16, 1:42 PM
    • 19th May 16, 1:42 PM
    Thank you, will have another look at the sticky!
    +1 but see if Estates will cancel as well
    General Election coming up? Your MP worried about his/her job? Give them something to do and get them to sort out these parking cowboys. Search "Theyworkforyou" for the name of your MP.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st May 16, 12:37 AM
    • 40,463 Posts
    • 52,363 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st May 16, 12:37 AM
    • 21st May 16, 12:37 AM
    If it was a windscreen ticket you are trying to appeal a couple of weeks too early. Forget any 'discount' deadline as that doesn't affect appeals. Read the sticky thread 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' and come back at POPLA stage, having firstly searched 'UKPC POPLA' to find other recent versions to give you the sort of thing to use at second stage.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• freddie2
    • By freddie2 20th Jun 16, 9:32 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    freddie2
    • 20th Jun 16, 9:32 PM
    • 20th Jun 16, 9:32 PM
    Update.... Submitted appeal as per sticky at around day 30. Now received standard letter asking me to name driver, saying signage ok, etc and they regularly take people to court. I presume I ignore and await POPLA code when I will return
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Jun 16, 9:53 PM
    • 12,439 Posts
    • 14,843 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Jun 16, 9:53 PM
    • 20th Jun 16, 9:53 PM
    yes, ignore and wait for popla code
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    • 4,123 Posts
    • 4,733 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 20th Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    • 20th Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    Update.... Submitted appeal as per sticky at around day 30. Now received standard letter asking me to name driver, saying signage ok, etc and they regularly take people to court. I presume I ignore and await POPLA code when I will return
    Originally posted by freddie2
    These UKPC mobsters are simply plain stupid,
    Asking who was the driver ????? tut tut

POPLA code, cost them money when you appeal

Yeah we know the mobsters take people to court but do they win ??

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=50

Take note of their photo evidence, these mobsters fake them

Worried about scammers getting your details from the DVLA .... complain to the DVLA
    Last edited by beamerguy; 20-06-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • freddie2
    • By freddie2 23rd Jul 16, 9:41 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    freddie2
    Update
    I have still not been sent a POPLA code. Given the ticket was issued on 13th May can I assume they are out of time?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jul 16, 9:50 PM
    • 40,463 Posts
    • 52,363 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nope, there is no 'out of time'. They will send a rejection letter with POPLA code (probably next week, now you've mentioned it, that seems to happen every time!) but you could prompt them to make sure you haven't missed a ghost letter. Email:

appealmoreinfo@ukparkingcontrol.com

HTH

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• freddie2
    • By freddie2 17th Aug 16, 5:19 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    freddie2
    UPDATE.
    Just returned from holiday.. 2 letters awaiting, one dated 28/07 and one dated 12/08 (final reminder) warning re bailiffs etc but no POPLA code. Do I simply ask for it?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Aug 16, 5:21 PM
    • 12,439 Posts
    • 14,843 Thanks
    Redx
    report UKPC to the BPA and let them sort UKPC out due to no popla code

enclose copies of all paperwork so far in your email to the BPA
    Newbies !!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Aug 16, 5:57 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 4,272 Thanks
    The Deep
    Keep on at the trust to sack these scammers. They should never be allowed near a hospital car park.
    • freddie2
    • By freddie2 18th Aug 16, 9:09 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    freddie2
    So no need to respond to UKPC?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Aug 16, 9:11 PM
    • 12,439 Posts
    • 14,843 Thanks
    Redx
    So no need to respond to UKPC?
    Originally posted by freddie2
    you can remind UKPC that you have already appealed and are awaiting a popla code

and complain to the aos at the BPA at the lack of a popla code and that DRP have been tasked with it (a breach of the BPA CoP)
    Newbies !!
    • freddie2
    • By freddie2 11th Oct 16, 7:45 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    freddie2
    Update
    After receiving a NTK with no Popla code, reminding UKPC that their NTK was non compliment they have sent me another NTK with a POPLA code. Do I just submit an appeal in the normal way?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Oct 16, 7:55 PM
    • 40,463 Posts
    • 52,363 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Was the first NTK served by day 56?

• freddie2
    • By freddie2 11th Oct 16, 8:02 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    freddie2
    Offence May 13th, first NTK 28/07...so no. Although they did send a letter asking me to name the driver on 20th June.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Oct 16, 8:07 PM
    • 40,463 Posts
    • 52,363 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Cool, right so you can use 'no keeper liability' because the NTK was served far too late. Then the other deliberately detailed & loooong template appeal points (use most of them) shown in the penultimate page of the top thread 'POPLA Decisions'. A recent addition to help people at POPLA stage.

Show us your draft.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,516Posts Today

7,400Users online

Martin's Twitter