Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 14th May 16, 9:07 AM
    • 1,589Posts
    • 1,362Thanks
    Ballard
    Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds
    • 14th May 16, 9:07 AM
    Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds 14th May 16 at 9:07 AM
    I've just seen that two direct debits will be required for interest purposes from 2nd September. They both need to be paid each month too. This isn't fantastic news as I'm running out of direct debits.

http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/bankaccounts/pdf/bank-account-conditions.pdf#page=33

Credit interest with Vantage
    From 1 September 2016 you’ll need to pay at least two different Direct Debits from your Bank of Scotland Vantage account(s) each calendar month to receive credit interest. This is in addition to your existing requirement to pay in at least £1000 each calendar month and stay in credit for the monthly billing period.
    Unquote
    Last edited by Ballard; 10-06-2016 at 3:53 PM.
    I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it. It said they were suckers.
Page 17
    • superstar
    • By superstar 4th Oct 17, 1:18 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 3,322 Thanks
    superstar
    I have accounts with TSB too - can I set up 2 x DDs to my TSB current accounts?

• badger09
    • By badger09 4th Oct 17, 1:32 PM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 4,368 Thanks
    badger09
    I have a few BoS Vantage accounts - seem to have missed the new DD requests so have not received any interests for the last few months.

Can I set up a DD to pay from BoS Vantage 1 to Bos Vantage 2 etc ...

Thoughts and suggestions?
    Originally posted by superstar
    I have accounts with TSB too - can I set up 2 x DDs to my TSB current accounts?
    No you can't do either of those. You cannot use a DD to pull money from one of your current accounts into another.

There are, however, several threads on this board & the Savings & Investments board where 'easy' DDs are discussed.
    • superstar
    • By superstar 4th Oct 17, 1:39 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 3,322 Thanks
    superstar
    Thanks

I see that current accounts are now allowed but DDs to savings account is fine?

• badger09
    • By badger09 4th Oct 17, 1:45 PM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 4,368 Thanks
    badger09
    Thanks

Read a bit more of this thread

or try this one

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5126573&page=18
    • Don80
    • By Don80 4th Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Don80
    Thanks

I think you may be confusing standing orders and direct debits? DDs are mainly set up by companies and some savings accounts - think council tax, energy bills etc. If you set up a regular payment to an account, this is a standing order. You need 2 DDs on a Bank of Scotland account. I use monthly road tax and my mobile phone. If you log in to internet banking you can see direct debits set up on your account. If there are not 2 monthly ones there then this will be the problem.
    • Frank121
    • By Frank121 5th Oct 17, 2:41 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Frank121
    I have a few BoS Vantage accounts - seem to have missed the new DD requests so have not received any interests for the last few months.

Can I set up a DD to pay from BoS Vantage 1 to Bos Vantage 2 etc ...

Thoughts and suggestions?
    I think they need to be external. Tesco savings account have the ability to set up dd's from their savings account which is quite unique. That's where mine get drawn from.

Frank
    • superstar
    • By superstar 5th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 3,322 Thanks
    superstar
    Thank you all - applied for Tescos.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,254Posts Today

8,901Users online

Martin's Twitter