Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 14th May 16, 9:07 AM
    • 1,594Posts
    • 1,368Thanks
    Ballard
    Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds
    • 14th May 16, 9:07 AM
    Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds 14th May 16 at 9:07 AM
    I've just seen that two direct debits will be required for interest purposes from 2nd September. They both need to be paid each month too. This isn't fantastic news as I'm running out of direct debits.

http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/bankaccounts/pdf/bank-account-conditions.pdf#page=33

Credit interest with Vantage
    From 1 September 2016 you’ll need to pay at least two different Direct Debits from your Bank of Scotland Vantage account(s) each calendar month to receive credit interest. This is in addition to your existing requirement to pay in at least £1000 each calendar month and stay in credit for the monthly billing period.
    Unquote
    Last edited by Ballard; 10-06-2016 at 3:53 PM.
    I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it. It said they were suckers.
Page 16
    • Mannanan
    • By Mannanan 5th Sep 16, 8:54 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Mannanan
    I think a few of us had problems a few months back when opening further accounts. My first was no problem opening online. Then after logging in, it would not let me open a second and I had to phone up. They gave me the option to do it over the phone there and then or wait two hours for them to clear the block on me. They advised it was a common problem and was down to their own technical issues. As I was looking to open three accounts in total, I opted to wait and do it online. Sure enough, it then let me open a second and a third account no problem. Make sure when you try to open the further accounts online that you are NOT logged on. If you still can't open them, then try the option of logging on. If this all fails, it's back to the phone call. Eventually you should get all three accounts.
    • tomthered
    • By tomthered 5th Sep 16, 10:50 AM
    • 195 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    tomthered
    Phew was a bit worried then but you have put my mind at rest, cheers guys

EDIT - Success - Phoned up and got my second account cleared, although at first it did the same and would only let a basic one be created, until she went away and spoke to someone and it was cleared in seconds. It seems they are aware of this technical glitch.
    Last edited by tomthered; 05-09-2016 at 3:05 PM.
    • Ologhai
    • By Ologhai 5th Sep 16, 12:44 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    Ologhai
    Don't close BOS Vantage accounts yet!
    Please see my Don't close Bank of Scotland Vantage accounts yet! thread if you're thinking of closing your accounts because you're unwilling/unable to come up with two DDs per account.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 5th Sep 16, 2:58 PM
    • 23,151 Posts
    • 13,413 Thanks
    xylophone
    you're unwilling/unable to come up with two DDs per account.
    But why should this be the case? Charity? Or savings accounts which allow the setting up of DDs?
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 7th Sep 16, 6:42 PM
    • 3,641 Posts
    • 36,628 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Please see my Don't close Bank of Scotland Vantage accounts yet! thread if you're thinking of closing your accounts because you're unwilling/unable to come up with two DDs per account.
    Originally posted by Ologhai
    and there's me just opened 2 a/cs!
    Why? Because I am running out of where to put some spondoolies to earn a bit more than the general savings a/c rates!
    It was easy enough to find yet another 4xDDs.
    I wouldn't be closing these accounts- sometimes you have to think outside the box!

At this rate I may need to open a/c No.3!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 4th Oct 16, 7:15 AM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    adonis10
    Opened this account in mid August and paid in the required amount etc., got paid interest in sept. Was then notified of the need for 2 dd's and switched them over, clearly not in time for Sep so they would be 1st and 7th of oct. I've not been paid the interest this month and I assume it is because only one dd to date.

When the 7th oct DD goes out, do you think I will get the October interest or it will simply kick in again in Nov?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Oct 16, 9:16 AM
    • 17,110 Posts
    • 11,262 Thanks
    molerat
    To get interest paid at the beginning of October the DDs need to have been paid during September.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • badger09
    • By badger09 4th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 5,182 Posts
    • 4,383 Thanks
    badger09
    Opened this account in mid August and paid in the required amount etc., got paid interest in sept. Was then notified of the need for 2 dd's and switched them over, clearly not in time for Sep so they would be 1st and 7th of oct. I've not been paid the interest this month and I assume it is because only one dd to date.

When the 7th oct DD goes out, do you think I will get the October interest or it will simply kick in again in Nov?
    Originally posted by adonis10
    Put simply, the interest credited to your account in September related to the balance in the account & T&Cs applicable for August.

The interest credited in October, or in your case, not credited, relates to the balance in in the account and T&Cs applicable from 2nd September.

Assuming your DDs both pay out in October, you will be entitled to interest on the balance for October, which will be credited in November.
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 4th Oct 16, 1:18 PM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    adonis10
    Put simply, the interest credited to your account in September related to the balance in the account & T&Cs applicable for August.

The interest credited in October, or in your case, not credited, relates to the balance in in the account and T&Cs applicable from 2nd September.

Assuming your DDs both pay out in October, you will be entitled to interest on the balance for October, which will be credited in November.
    Originally posted by badger09

Yeah, one went on 1/10 and the other due 7/10 so all should be well from Nov onwards.
    • john1002
    • By john1002 5th Oct 16, 1:03 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    john1002
    Does anybody know if you open up a second account online/phone if they re credit check or go off the initial one if within a week?

John
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 1st Nov 16, 9:13 AM
    • 4,174 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    pfpf
    pre question sorry.

the requirement to pay in £1000.00, can this be an internal transfer between BOS/Halifax accounts?

post question thanks.
    pfpf, the avatar previously seen as "the Monkey".
    • molerat
    • By molerat 1st Nov 16, 9:16 AM
    • 17,110 Posts
    • 11,262 Thanks
    molerat
    pre question sorry.

the requirement to pay in £1000.00, can this be an internal transfer between BOS/Halifax accounts?

post question thanks.
    Originally posted by pfpf
    Yes ..............................
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 1st Nov 16, 9:21 AM
    • 4,174 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    pfpf
    Yes ..............................
    Originally posted by molerat
    phew! thanks for the direct reply
    pfpf, the avatar previously seen as "the Monkey".
    • schiff
    • By schiff 1st Nov 16, 9:41 AM
    • 17,665 Posts
    • 8,977 Thanks
    schiff

Originally posted by badger09
    I'm relieved I looked in here this morning. I've already arranged a DD on my new BoS account for 24/11 and was waiting till after 7/11 to arrange a second one (to avoid it missing the boat between the two instructions for November) for 7/12. Would that have been £12.50 interest carelessly chucked away!
    • wildeep
    • By wildeep 1st Dec 16, 11:01 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    wildeep
    does anyone know how to open a second vantage account online? I'm searching and can't find a thing
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 1st Dec 16, 11:08 PM
    • 29,447 Posts
    • 17,230 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    does anyone know how to open a second vantage account online? I'm searching and can't find a thing
    Originally posted by wildeep
    Answered on the other thread you posted on.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 5th Dec 16, 6:37 PM
    • 2,398 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    AndyPK
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about?

I opened the 2nd and 3rd online. Okay, I did leave it a number of months in between.

I just logged in and browsed to the current accounts and opened
    • Kernel Sanders
    • By Kernel Sanders 5th Dec 16, 11:15 PM
    • 3,130 Posts
    • 1,289 Thanks
    Kernel Sanders
    pre question sorry.

post question thanks.
    Originally posted by pfpf
    It can even be from another BoS a/c in your name.
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about?

I opened the 2nd and 3rd online. Okay, I did leave it a number of months in between.

I just logged in and browsed to the current accounts and opened
    Originally posted by AndyPK
    ...and opened what?
    Don't leave us in suspense, Andy
    Last edited by Kernel Sanders; 05-12-2016 at 11:19 PM.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 12th Dec 16, 12:29 PM
    • 2,398 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    AndyPK
    .... another BOS Vantage online
    • superstar
    • By superstar 4th Oct 17, 1:08 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 3,322 Thanks
    superstar
    I have a few BoS Vantage accounts - seem to have missed the new DD requests so have not received any interests for the last few months.

Can I set up a DD to pay from BoS Vantage 1 to Bos Vantage 2 etc ...

Thoughts and suggestions?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,195Posts Today

7,848Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin