Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 11th May 16, 1:04 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 12Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    NPS Northern Parking Services Parking Charge Notice Enquiry
    • 11th May 16, 1:04 PM
    NPS Northern Parking Services Parking Charge Notice Enquiry 11th May 16 at 1:04 PM
    Hi members

Just need some advice, this is the scenario I have received a parking notice asking for £60.00 within 21 days or this will increase to £100, please see the appeals email I sent to Northern Parking Services below:

My name is Mr XXXX XXXX and I would like to appeal your parking charge notice purely on the basis that today I was driving my partners car, Vehicle Registration: KJ07WYX I normally drive my car, Vehicle Registration: NL08ZWK and if you check your records I actually made a payment of £4.58 at 11.04 to park all day at Scottish Life through your android application (Whoosh). I have attached a screen print of the parking history page which clearly details that I have paid today, I can provide further proof if necessary in the form of my bank statement when your transaction shows up on it.

You will be able to see if you check your records and your cameras that my car (NL08ZWK) has not been to your premises at any time today that is because I was driving my partners car (KJ07WYX) which I am registered to drive please see attached Motor Insurance Certificates for both vehicles clearly stating that I am legally allowed to drive both cars.

I would like to appeal to your common sense and decency and hope that you realise that all I am guilty of here is simply failing to update the Whoosh application with the registration details of my partners car (KJ07WXY) at the time of purchase I was distracted and in automatic pilot mode as usually when parking at Scottish Life I always use my car (NL08ZWK). You will be able to confirm this by looking at your records and I can provide this if necessary from details recorded on the Whoosh application.

I would like to think that I am a valued customer and you can see that I am a repeat customer because of the ideal location and sensible prices that you charge. I would like this to continue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards

Mr XXXX XXXXX

They have responded with a letter via email declining my appeal, with a lot of waffle that I don't really understand.

Any advice would be gratefully received because out of all the times that I have incurred these kind of charges I genuinely feel as if this should be overturned based on the fact that I physically paid to park all day but as I was driving my girlfriends car in this instance and hadn't updated her registration details on the application so I paid the parking fee against my car which she was driving. Really frustrated about this and would like to know if there is any way I can avoid this.

Regards

Paul

Last edited by bigdaveysjcb; 11-05-2016 at 1:06 PM.
Page 4
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 17th Oct 16, 3:55 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Slightly updated version

Dear

Thank you for your email.

I just wanted to bring to your attention some information I have found in relation to the following comment made by you, specifically the text in red “I regret that you feel that this matter is worrying and stressful but I cannot instruct Northern Parking Services to cancel a Parking Charge Notice that has been correctly issued and which has been referred to theindependent arbitration service

Please see the following linkhttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=68843915#post68843915which will directyou to a Money Saving Expert forum which deals with the following subject Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking, specifically discussing the “independent arbitration serviceyou refer to in your email.

Here you will find the following transcript from an email which was mistakenly sent to one of the forum members and appears to involve, the Company Director of Northern Parking Services it statesHi Darren, Should I add this on to the IAS so he can futilely go through the motions?”I’m sure you will agree that these comments which appear to have originated from the very organisation Jomast have instructed to manage their land, completely contradicts the notion you seem to have of a so calledindependent arbitration service

Also I implore you to look up Northern Parking Services on this forum by doing so I am hoping this will potentially enlighten you with respect to the ethics, processes and practises which are employed by this organisation, which negatively impact people’s lives, causing a great deal of stress, worry and fear.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this.

Yours Sincerely
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 17th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Dear

I just wanted to bring to your attention some information I have found in relation to the following comment made by you, specifically the text in red “I regret that you feel that this matter is worrying and stressful but I cannot instruct Northern Parking Services to cancel a Parking Charge Notice that has been correctly issued and which has been referred to the “independent arbitration service”

Please see the following link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=68843915#post68843915 which will direct you to a Money Saving Expert forum which deals with the following subject Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking, specifically discussing the “independent arbitration service” you refer to in your email.

Here you will find the following transcript from an email which appears to have been mistakenly sent from Northern Parking Services to one of the forum members instead of ‘Darren’ it states “Hi Darren, Should I add this on to the IAS so he can futilely go through the motions?” I’m sure you will agree that these comments which appear to have originated from the very organisation Jomast have instructed to manage their land, completely contradicts the notion you seem to have of a so called “independent arbitration service”

So on the face of it,!Northern Parking Services are of the opinion that the verdict has already been decided and the IAS process is futile for the motorist. However, they are considering letting the motorist use it anyway, so as to give the appearance of being fair and just.

This is sometimes referred to as a kangaroo court which is often held to give the appearance of a fair and just trial, even though the verdict has in reality already been decided before the trial has begun.

!Furthermore, I implore you to look up Northern Parking Services on this forum by doing so I am hoping this will potentially enlighten you with respect to the ethics, processes and practises which are employed by this organisation, which negatively impact people’s lives, causing a great deal of stress, worry and fear.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this.

Yours Sincerely
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 17th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    sorry for all emails
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Oct 16, 8:43 PM
    • 40,363 Posts
    • 52,233 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No probs, any version will do as long as you are making the point about IAS being futile.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 18th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    This is Mr Fick's response to my email above:

Good Afternoon Paul,

!

Scottish Life House Pay and Display Car Park

Parking Charge Notice NPS1006411

Issued 10th May 2016

!

!

The opinion of a member of staff that the referral of a rejected appeal to the independent arbitration service would be futile

might well be a comment more about the validity of the appeal than the independence of the arbitration service but I

have spoken to Northern Parking Services regarding your email because I also find the wording of the internal email somewhat

inappropriate. I also understand that Northern Parking Services were aware of the comments prior to you bringing them to my attention.

!

Your own case was referred to the Adjudicator who dismissed the appeal. If you have any evidence to suggest that decision was in some

way inappropriate to the facts of your case then that would be a different matter. !!

!

I have noted your comments and opinions regarding Northern Parking Services.

!

Regards,
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Oct 16, 10:54 AM
    • 40,363 Posts
    • 52,233 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Send him links to the Parking Prankster blogs 'is the IAS a kangaroo court' and other similar ones about the IAS bizarre decisions.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 3rd Nov 16, 9:58 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Just got my second DCBL letter with the heading Legal Recovery Action asking for £160 stating the following:

You have failed to pay DCBL (Direct Collections Bailiffs Limited) the outstanding balance of £160.00 or make contact to discuss the repayment of this debt. We have now recommended to our client the commencement of legal action against you. However the granting of judgements and other orders are at the discretion of the courts. If successful the escalation of legal proceeding's at a cost of £75.00 would be added to the debt for recovery. After further applications have been granted by the court the possible impacts of having a CCJ registered against you would be:

Enables enforcement action to commence, such as obtaining an Attachment of Earnings, placing a Charge on your property for applying for a Warrant of Control to remove goods.

Prevent future lending

To ensure no further legal recovery action will take place please make immediate payment by one of the following methods etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,108Posts Today

6,202Users online

Martin's Twitter