Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 11th May 16, 1:04 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 12Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    NPS Northern Parking Services Parking Charge Notice Enquiry
    • 11th May 16, 1:04 PM
    NPS Northern Parking Services Parking Charge Notice Enquiry 11th May 16 at 1:04 PM
    Hi members

Just need some advice, this is the scenario I have received a parking notice asking for £60.00 within 21 days or this will increase to £100, please see the appeals email I sent to Northern Parking Services below:

My name is Mr XXXX XXXX and I would like to appeal your parking charge notice purely on the basis that today I was driving my partners car, Vehicle Registration: KJ07WYX I normally drive my car, Vehicle Registration: NL08ZWK and if you check your records I actually made a payment of £4.58 at 11.04 to park all day at Scottish Life through your android application (Whoosh). I have attached a screen print of the parking history page which clearly details that I have paid today, I can provide further proof if necessary in the form of my bank statement when your transaction shows up on it.

You will be able to see if you check your records and your cameras that my car (NL08ZWK) has not been to your premises at any time today that is because I was driving my partners car (KJ07WYX) which I am registered to drive please see attached Motor Insurance Certificates for both vehicles clearly stating that I am legally allowed to drive both cars.

I would like to appeal to your common sense and decency and hope that you realise that all I am guilty of here is simply failing to update the Whoosh application with the registration details of my partners car (KJ07WXY) at the time of purchase I was distracted and in automatic pilot mode as usually when parking at Scottish Life I always use my car (NL08ZWK). You will be able to confirm this by looking at your records and I can provide this if necessary from details recorded on the Whoosh application.

I would like to think that I am a valued customer and you can see that I am a repeat customer because of the ideal location and sensible prices that you charge. I would like this to continue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards

Mr XXXX XXXXX

They have responded with a letter via email declining my appeal, with a lot of waffle that I don't really understand.

Any advice would be gratefully received because out of all the times that I have incurred these kind of charges I genuinely feel as if this should be overturned based on the fact that I physically paid to park all day but as I was driving my girlfriends car in this instance and hadn't updated her registration details on the application so I paid the parking fee against my car which she was driving. Really frustrated about this and would like to know if there is any way I can avoid this.

Regards

Paul

Last edited by bigdaveysjcb; 11-05-2016 at 1:06 PM.
Page 3
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 8th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    I know it was a lazy request I will do as you have suggested and hopefully appeal to the landowners conscience if that is not naive of me. Thanks for the advice
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 4:51 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Landowner Jomast have declined my letter requesting that they ask Northern Parking Services to cancel
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 5:00 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Landowners Jomast have declined my request for them to cancel Northern Parking Services, Parking Charge Notice basic lyrics citing that I'm sure you will understand that we cannot get involved with individual cases etc
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 5:26 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    typo, not basic lyrics was meant to say basicly
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Full Transcript:

Good Afternoon Paul,

!

Scottish Life House Pay and Display Car Park

Parking Charge Notice NPS1006411

Issued 10th May 2016

!

Thank you for your email.

!

We have a contract with Northern Parking Services for the monitoring of a total of nineteen car parks in the North East.

!

I feel sure that you understand that it is impossible for us to become involved in individual appeals but we do insist that

Northern Parking Services use the services of an independent arbitration service for all cases where the initial appeal to

Northern Parking Services has been rejected.

!

It is my understanding that your case was referred to the Adjudicator who dismissed the appeal. Had the arbitration service

found in your favour the Parking Charge Notice would have been cancelled. !

!

I regret that you feel that this matter is worrying and stressful but I cannot instruct Northern Parking Services to

cancel a Parking Charge Notice that has been correctly issued and which has been referred to the independent arbitration service.

!

It is unfortunate that over four months have elapsed since the dismissal of the appeal in which time various notices and reminders will

have been issued and which has now resulted in the increased ‘ debt ‘.

!

Should you wish to discuss the matter please contact me on my Direct Line, 01642 666937. !

!

Regards,

!

Nigel Fick,

General Manager,

Jomast Group of Companies.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Oct 16, 5:41 PM
    • 10,979 Posts
    • 16,384 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    One of the dangers of appealing to the IAS (where there's next to no chance of winning) is that the unfavourable outcome is waved in your face as justification that the PCN was issued 'correctly'.

Just skimmed back over the thread - they comment on this taking 4 months to get to them. Dazster advised you to complain to them on 11th May.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-10-2016 at 5:47 PM.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Oct 16, 5:44 PM
    • 40,460 Posts
    • 52,359 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Wow, how 'Fick'! He actually believes the IAS is independent...
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 5:58 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    I know I should have but unfortunately didn't do so
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Not that it will matter but I responded with this, probably another mistake on my behalf but thought it was worth a try. I will try a letter to the MP and PM:

Good Afternoon

It's a shame that you are unwilling to help me with this case, I will now be following up on advice I have received to correspond with Newcastle East MP Nick Brown who covers the area where Scottish Life House is located as well as Theresa May's Office.

I will be passing all details and correspondence in relation to my case, I will obviously include the latest correspondence kindly received from yourself.

Kindest Regards
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Oct 16, 6:04 PM
    • 10,979 Posts
    • 16,384 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Yep, looks a good bit more assertive.

Pity about the 'Kindest Regards'!
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 6:10 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    yeah should have omitted that
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 10th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    You need to enlighten Mr Fick as to what his company's agents Northern Parking Services really think about the "Independent" Appeals Service - i.e. that this service exists as a means to allow motorists to "futilely go through the motions".

Check out Post 36 on Dexman's thread from July last year:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=68843915#post68843915
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 9:20 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    What a despicable bunch, I wouldn't even insult pond life by labeling these lot in the same breath!

I am going to follow through with a letter to the local MP and PM and we will.see what kind of response I get if any.

I am assuming the advice is to just to continue to file away letters unless a court order is amongst them and ignore these parasites.

Regards

Paul
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 9:22 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    I am starting to think that even if I had of contacted the landowners earlier I would of received a similar response. Of course I am probably wrong though!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 40,460 Posts
    • 52,359 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I suspect you are right.

I would show them the link Edna Basher showed you and ask if they still believe there is 'an independent appeals service' offered by the IPC.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 9:25 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    yeah thinking of adding that into the mix
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Oct 16, 9:41 PM
    • 10,979 Posts
    • 16,384 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Whether it would have made any difference by complaining 4 months ago is debatable, them throwing it in your face as a reason not to assist you is one that you could do without.

Edna has a sharper memory than me, but (honest boss) there was something in the back of my mind that linked NPS with the 'futilely go through the motions' email.

Let him have both Ficking barrels on this. What the Fick!
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-10-2016 at 9:48 PM.

• bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 10th Oct 16, 9:46 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    I like it LOL
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 17th Oct 16, 2:53 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Dear

I just wanted to bring to your attention some information I have found in relation to the following comment made by you, specifically the text in red “I regret that you feel that this matter is worrying and stressful but I cannot instruct Northern Parking Services to cancel a Parking Charge Notice that has been correctly issued and which has been referred to the “independent arbitration service”

Please see the following link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=68843915#post68843915 which will direct you to a Money Saving Expert forum which deals with the following subject Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking, specifically discussing the “independent arbitration service” you refer to in your email.

Here you will find the following transcript from an email which was mistakenly sent to one of the forum members and appears to involve, the Company Director of Northern Parking Services it states “Hi Darren, Should I add this on to the IAS so he can futilely go through the motions?” I’m sure you will agree that these comments which may have originated from the very organisation Jomast have instructed to manage their land on behalf of them, completely contradicts the notion you seem to have of a so called “independent arbitration service”

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this.

Yours Sincerely

Paul W Blake
    • bigdaveysjcb
    • By bigdaveysjcb 17th Oct 16, 2:56 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bigdaveysjcb
    Hi guys

Just wondered if some of you would be kind enough to take a quick look at the draft email above and let me know what you think, please feel free to make any suggestions or changes before I send it as I don't want to get myself into any potentially unnecessary hot water.

Regards

Paul
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

2,186Users online

Martin's Twitter