Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 5th May 16, 10:24 PM
    • 1,833Posts
    • 1,440Thanks
    Herbalus
    Greenwich foot tunnel - bikes
    • 5th May 16, 10:24 PM
    Greenwich foot tunnel - bikes 5th May 16 at 10:24 PM
    I ventured in to the Greenwich foot tunnel for the first time this week, and there are more "no cycling" signs than current Leicester City fans in the whole of England (ok, slight exaggeration but you get the point).

But still a good 70% of people jump on their bikes as soon as they're out of the lift.

And it's not as if cycle shoes seem to be a factor: I understand that reason as I know how awkward it can be to walk in those, but I saw two people running in them.

Are the signs there enforceable or are there penalties? Somebody would make a fortune with spot fines.
Page 2
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 8th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Should really have clarified I use the Woolwich which is a little different as you don't have the tourist in the same numbers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

578Posts Today

6,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you agree with @TfL's decision not to reissue Uber's licence on grounds including falling to report serous crimes.

• RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Follow Martin