Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fabwitch
    • By Fabwitch 3rd May 16, 11:40 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 41Thanks
    Fabwitch
    Gold box deals Groupon
    • 3rd May 16, 11:40 AM
    Gold box deals Groupon 3rd May 16 at 11:40 AM
    I paid for an Apple watch through God box deals on Groupon and the money was taken from my account 25th April. I recieved a tracking number but the Royal Mail are still saying they haven't recieved tge item to send on to me. I have contacted Goldbox deals and they can't understand why Royal mail are saying that as they have the tracking number for the watch.

Has anyone else had a problem buying Apple watch from Goldbox deals through Groupon? Any advice please how to resolve this as the watch is a birthday present for my husband. Many thanks Michele xxx
Page 3
    • paulcf
    • By paulcf 8th Feb 17, 1:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    paulcf
    I recently received a number of obviously spam emails from Groupon, and then noticed a £249 debit on my Credit Card account payable to Groupon. Logged into my Groupon account and one of these Goldbox Apple Watches had been ordered without my knowledge. Contacted Groupon via their on-line chat facility and the operator advised I must have ordered as my account with them had not been hacked. Immediately contacted the Bank to advise them of the fraudulent activity on my Credit Card and they are in the process of refunding me. The Apple Watch has now arrived however there is no invoice in the packaging and I have no idea where to return the Watch to. So I have a Watch I have not ordered, my Groupon account is suspended and my Credit Card blocked.
    • Kphil
    • By Kphil 20th Feb 17, 12:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kphil
    Gbd
    Has anyone received a refund after returning the item to gold box deals? My iPad3 came in a plain brown box with a note sayin g no manufacturer warranty. It was advertised as coming with an Apple box, 1year Apple warranty and 6month GBD warranty. Contacted groupon who said I needed to deal with GBD. I contacted them who said I could return for a refund. I thought it best to send it back through the groupon return method with their labels etc. I contacted PayPal just before I was about to return it who told me to open a dispute, and wait for a reply that way before sending it. I escalated the dispute to a claim this morning to be told that PayPal doesn't cover it because I did receive an iPad3 and warranty/boxes is classed as accessories which they don't cover and they closed the claim and told me to go back to groupon. Looked at my groupon and in my purchases it says next to the iPad "item refunded" so I contacted them on live chat who said they issued a refund on the 16th to my PayPal and takes 5-7 working days. I asked why I hadn't been told about a refund and apparently they sent me an email.. which I never received. I asked them to send me another email confirming I will receive a refund and they ended the chat! I don't want to send the item back to GBD incase they say they haven't received it, like someone has stated they've done even with proof of delivery :/ Has anyone else actually received their refund???
    • Liverpudlian
    • By Liverpudlian 24th Mar 17, 3:09 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Liverpudlian
    Should have read this before
    Hi,

I have a similar experience with this Company. I bought an Apple IPad which didn't turn up. Groupon have processed a refund after much complaint, but they were horrible in dealing with this situation. Apparently Mastercard does not raise a dispute as Groupon can claim that it sold a voucher for a third party. Can anyone advise if these crooks can be reported at all?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 24th Mar 17, 3:11 PM
    • 30,091 Posts
    • 19,046 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi,

I have a similar experience with this Company. I bought an Apple IPad which didn't turn up. Groupon have processed a refund after much complaint, but they were horrible in dealing with this situation. Apparently Mastercard does not raise a dispute as Groupon can claim that it sold a voucher for a third party. Can anyone advise if these crooks can be reported at all?
    Originally posted by Liverpudlian
    Reported to whom ?

No they can't be reported, there's no one who governs websites, in any case I don't think Groupon are an English based website.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • christineill
    • By christineill 2nd May 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    christineill
    funky monkey
    same here still waiting for a refund even though i have proof of purchase a tracking number and they received it next day ??????£ 379.00 they owe me. how can they get away with it. Its fraud and so many complaints against them why can nobody do anything
    • goldenoldie54
    • By goldenoldie54 21st May 17, 5:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    goldenoldie54
    I bought a reconditioned iPhone 6 costing nearly £400 from this company at the end of November 2016 through Groupon. Firstly it arrived in a small plastic bag inside an ordinary jiffy bag by Royal Mail, no additional packaging, no instructions, nothing! It took me a few weeks to get it set up (Im not a techie) and visit the 02 store to get my SIM transferred. The week before Christmas it was all systems go .... except that (a) it kept turning itself off randomly and saying that the battery charge had run out (immediately prior it would show 40% charge, and (b) the sound on/off switch was faulty and would not stay on whatever you set it on.

After Christmas I contacted Goldboxdeals and after a few exchanges of emails to enable me to 'detach' it from iCloud they emailed me a return label. It was returned by Royal Mail tracked on 24th January with an estimated repair time of 4-6 weeks (which was a long time I thought - if only I had known!) After working abroad for a few weeks and the six week period having passed with no returned phone, I contacted them and they said they would email 'repairs' to get an update. After many many emails and 16 weeks after sending it back I have still not had any update. They have even refused to confirm that they are in possession of the phone even though I have RM tracking confirmation that it was received.

At the end of my tether I contacted Groupon who have been no better at resolving the problem despite many emails. Looking though other reviews I cannot understand why Groupon would continue to deal with them. I have told Groupon that all I want now is a refund, but they will not even do that.

My advice? Never buy anything from Goldboxdeals! Their customer care is terrible, in fact non existent, they are an absolute nightmare. It seems wherever I look for reviews the story is the same – if only I had done that before buying this phone.
    • Smitty986
    • By Smitty986 21st Sep 17, 5:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Smitty986
    Goldboxdeals
    Does anyone have an address for GoldBoxDeals please?

Apple watch dies after 8 months and being given the runaround - tried everything and next step is Small Claims

Thanks
    • Kim kim
    • By Kim kim 11th Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 2,041 Posts
    • 3,094 Thanks
    Kim kim
    I’m so glad I googled gold box deals & ipads!
    My daughter was thinking of buying my grandson one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,402Users online

Martin's Twitter