Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • EU134
    • By EU134 3rd May 16, 10:58 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    EU134
    Institute of Supply Chain Management
    • 3rd May 16, 10:58 AM
    Institute of Supply Chain Management 3rd May 16 at 10:58 AM
    Hello

I would like to raise my knowledge and promotion prospects at current job. At the moment I am team leader in warehouse environment. The company I work for has quite a few sites across UK, both warehouses and transport sites. I was wondering if it is worth to do IoSCM level 3 diploma to improve my cv and knowledge?
    The course costs about 1.5k. Has anybody done any courses from IoSCM?
Page 1
    • piggeh
    • By piggeh 4th May 16, 1:02 PM
    • 1,673 Posts
    • 1,297 Thanks
    piggeh
    • 4th May 16, 1:02 PM
    • 4th May 16, 1:02 PM
    How many jobs do you look at which ask for a qualification from the Institute of Supply Chain management?
    matched betting: £879.63
    • eamon
    • By eamon 4th May 16, 8:00 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    eamon
    • 4th May 16, 8:00 PM
    • 4th May 16, 8:00 PM
    You may http://ciltuk.org.uk/AboutUs.aspx more useful. I was a member for a number of years and still occasionally see their qualifications as a requirement for more higher level roles.
    • MoneySavingNovice
    • By MoneySavingNovice 5th May 16, 2:38 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    MoneySavingNovice
    • 5th May 16, 2:38 PM
    • 5th May 16, 2:38 PM
    There are a couple of other organisations you might also consider.

The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (http://www.ciltuk.org.uk/)
    The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (http://www.cips.org/)
    The Institute of Operations Management (http://www.iomnet.org.uk/)

In my view CILT might be your best option given the information provided.

Finally - why not ask your employer if they would fund your training, they might have a budget available. Worst case they can only say no!

Good Luck

• MSpence89
    • By MSpence89 11th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MSpence89
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    I know this is an old forum, but out of interest for anyone looking to find an answer on this - I've studied with CIPS previously, and actually transferred across to IoSCM.

CIPS is a great Institute and they provide you with a good platform to develop your skills and status within Purchasing, but the format of learning and examinations was just not flexible for my work/life commitments! I also found it ended up being so much more expensive in the long run, because of the exam fees (resit fees - even though I hope you wouldn't have to pay these!) and course material renewal fees.

I found IoSCM much more manageable in regards to the learning style, and assessments (all online, can do it in my own time and at my own pace). I also found the freedom of being able to select the units to study so much better.

Both Institutes as far as I know are internationally recognised and accredited, and any interview I've been too, they've been more than happy to take my IoSCM Level 5 Diploma as an alternative to the CIPS course - just worth keeping in mind when you're looking for what's going to suit you.

Also on a side note, I have the IoSCM qualficiation(s) - studying Level 6 atm, and also have IoSCM and CIPS membership which really helps!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,273Posts Today

5,955Users online

Martin's Twitter