Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lance De Boils
    • By Lance De Boils 3rd May 16, 9:13 AM
    • 123Posts
    • 822Thanks
    Lance De Boils
    0 WOW
    Iceland special offers
    • 3rd May 16, 9:13 AM
    0 WOW
    Iceland special offers 3rd May 16 at 9:13 AM
    Iceland are currently selling mature or extra mature cheese 450 trams at 2 for £3.
    They also have bacon and outdoor bred sausages at 2 packs for £3.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 10 May: Iceland says the two for £3 offer on its own-brand sausages and bacon (norm £2 each) is currently expected to last until Wed 8 Jun. The same offer on its own-brand cheese is an ongoing deal, so it could end at any time.

Big thanks to Lance De Boils for the original spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Oliver; 11-05-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Page 7
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 2nd Feb 17, 8:18 PM
    • 1,900 Posts
    • 8,002 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    7 day deal.... Hellman's mayonnaise (Inc light) £1.39, reduced from £3, 600g, max 4 per person :-)
    Originally posted by wpgallie
    What size/weight of jar please?
    Originally posted by robin58
    As the man said 600g
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2338.5
    This week 87.8
    • robin58
    • By robin58 3rd Feb 17, 7:52 PM
    • 1,788 Posts
    • 1,822 Thanks
    robin58
    As the man said 600g
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id

Thanks. Think it's time for my annual eye test.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • wpgallie
    • By wpgallie 8th Feb 17, 1:57 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    wpgallie
    7 day deal...225g strawberries £1, max 4/customer, til 14/2.17. I've just bought 4! Mmmmmm
    • honeythewitch
    • By honeythewitch 8th Feb 17, 4:34 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 2,372 Thanks
    honeythewitch
    £5 for a pancake frying pan, pancake mix, maple syrup, lemon juice and Frylight.
    Originally posted by kingfisherblue
    Be careful with this one. In my local Iceland it is only the pan, the mix, the lemon and the frylight, even though the maple syrup is on the stand with it and has no price on, looking as if it is part of the offer.
    (They said the maple syrup was "only while stocks last" and wouldn't budge on it even though we were actually looking at the stock! )
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Feb 17, 9:14 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    7 day deal...225g strawberries £1, max 4/customer, til 14/2.17. I've just bought 4! Mmmmmm
    Originally posted by wpgallie
    Its February, do they taste of anything?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 8th Feb 17, 10:10 PM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 20,932 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    Its February, do they taste of anything?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    They can't taste any worse than the grapes that were the offer of the week 3 or so weeks ago. I've never had such sour grapes and they hit the bin!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • Payless
    • By Payless 8th Feb 17, 10:27 PM
    • 2,953 Posts
    • 8,401 Thanks
    Payless
    They can't taste any worse than the grapes that were the offer of the week 3 or so weeks ago. I've never had such sour grapes and they hit the bin!
    Originally posted by TravellingAbuela
    Off topic I know but Aldi's black grapes are the sweetest grapes I have tasted. £1.50 a box
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 9th Feb 17, 6:31 AM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 20,932 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    Off topic I know but Aldi's black grapes are the sweetest grapes I have tasted. £1.50 a box
    Originally posted by Payless
    If you mean their Black Sable grapes I couldn't agree more. The nicest grapes I have had. I was sucked in by the offer on the Iceland ones!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • VeGGie-STyLe
    • By VeGGie-STyLe 9th Feb 17, 10:58 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    VeGGie-STyLe
    Almost bought some of the strawberries yesterday, but there was only about 5 or 6 strawberries in each punnet at my local store! I know it says 225g.... but I wasn't tempted.
    • MysteryMe
    • By MysteryMe 10th Feb 17, 2:42 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,088 Thanks
    MysteryMe
    TBH I usually steer clear of the fresh produce in Iceland as the times I've bought I've been disappointed. I buy a lot of fresh fruit and veg for the parrot and I agree the grapes on special offer recently didn't look great not even for him to have. Great shop for frozen and general groceries though.
    • wpgallie
    • By wpgallie 22nd Feb 17, 6:28 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    wpgallie
    Today's 7 day deal....10 mini rolls £1; max 4/person :-)
    • wpgallie
    • By wpgallie 1st Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    wpgallie
    Today's 7 day deal. ..Pack of 6 Muller Light dessert-flavour yoghurts £1.50, max 4/person :-)
    • wpgallie
    • By wpgallie 8th Mar 17, 11:03 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    wpgallie
    Today's 7 day deal....Kingsmill soft white loaf 800g 50p...Max 4/person :-)
    • wpgallie
    • By wpgallie 16th Mar 17, 10:52 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    wpgallie
    This week's 7 day deal....6 pack Wotsits/Squares/Quavers half price @75p, max 4/person :-)
    • robin58
    • By robin58 17th Mar 17, 12:27 AM
    • 1,788 Posts
    • 1,822 Thanks
    robin58
    Is it me or are these 7 day deals offers getting worse.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 17th Mar 17, 4:49 PM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 20,932 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    I have just received an e-mail outlining a free gift for Mother's Day. A £2 dessert! A voucher for the dessert will be printed when I present my bonus card when I shop from the 23rd. It's the same range of desserts that they offered as free gifts around Christmas time. Yum yum!
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 13,029 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Is it me or are these 7 day deals offers getting worse.
    Originally posted by robin58
    Last reasonable offer was the Mullerlight 6 pack which I bought two and finished the last one yesterday.

Now past few have been junk - I call commercial white bread as junk and crisps.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 13,029 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I have just received an e-mail outlining a free gift for Mother's Day. A £2 dessert! A voucher for the dessert will be printed when I present my bonus card when I shop from the 23rd. It's the same range of desserts that they offered as free gifts around Christmas time. Yum yum!
    Originally posted by TravellingAbuela
    I had the Morello Cherry Bakewell and was very nice.

Won't bother this time as back on SW!
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 17th Mar 17, 7:04 PM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 20,932 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    I had the Morello Cherry Bakewell and was very nice.

Won't bother this time as back on SW!
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Snap! I got the Morello Cherry Bakewell too. In fact it's still stashed away in the freezer awaiting a weak-willed moment!
    • ThemeOne
    • By ThemeOne 22nd Mar 17, 7:49 AM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    ThemeOne
    I had an email from Iceland saying they'd added £5 to my bonus card, but has to be spent by 27 March. When I checked online there it was - £5. It reminded me that saving on the card is possible, so I topped up £20 in order to receive my £1 incentive. So my card total is now £26.

Then it occurred to me - when you spend on the card, do they take money from it in order i.e. say I spent £10 today using the card - would they take the £5 they put on there first, followed by £5 from the £20 I added. I just had a horrible thought that unless I spend all the £26 by the 27th, they might say I'd missed the deadline and the £5 would disappear!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

3,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin