Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 178Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 99
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 27th May 17, 8:33 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    ^ I hate it when people who seem interested just disappear

I accepted an offer on April 24th (the second after the first buyer fell through), and am still waiting for the surveyor to appear. Should I be asking the EA to give the buyer a shove?
    Originally posted by OneYorkshireLass
    I would give the EA a call and ask for an update.

We accepted our offer on the 17th May, and I asked the EA for an update last Tuesday re the survey. EA let me know our buyers have started the full application process and we will be having a valuation and a homebuyers survey. If I haven't heard about date for survey(s) by Weds I will be asking for another update. Don't want to annoy the EA, but as this is (technically) our 4th buyer, I am anxious.
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 27th May 17, 8:36 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    Originally posted by fudge7000
    The first week or so was hard, then you get a used to it. And fall in to a pattern with viewings.
    We have a new expression in our house 'viewing ready!' I also stopped worrying about feed back from viewers. Either they wanted to offer or not.
    • happytails
    • By happytails 29th May 17, 7:01 AM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    happytails
    Dilemma,

To stick with current EA or move?

Our contract ends in 4 weeks and I need to give 4 weeks notice apparently to change EA. This EA is charging £1500 plus vat for a completed sale. On rightmove/zoopla etc had 5 1st viewings and 1 second viewing in that time. Advertised at £124950 and was reduced in April to £119950.

Move to EA no2 - £1200 plus vat. On rightmove, zoopla etc and have a known customer base. Also open Sunday (other EA is not) would advertise at £119000 - no contract. Bonus for them is the house we want is also marketed with them, I have mentioned this so to sell ours they'd get paid twice with 2 house sales tying up - enough incentive for them to push ours? Also it would be at the top of Rightmove new properties wouldn't it?

What would you do?
    Sarah, Mummy to Amber, Lucas and Evelyn.

Member No43 - % Challenge
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 29th May 17, 9:51 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    Dilemma,

To stick with current EA or move?

Our contract ends in 4 weeks and I need to give 4 weeks notice apparently to change EA. This EA is charging £1500 plus vat for a completed sale. On rightmove/zoopla etc had 5 1st viewings and 1 second viewing in that time. Advertised at £124950 and was reduced in April to £119950.

Move to EA no2 - £1200 plus vat. On rightmove, zoopla etc and have a known customer base. Also open Sunday (other EA is not) would advertise at £119000 - no contract. Bonus for them is the house we want is also marketed with them, I have mentioned this so to sell ours they'd get paid twice with 2 house sales tying up - enough incentive for them to push ours? Also it would be at the top of Rightmove new properties wouldn't it?

What would you do?
    Originally posted by happytails
    Are you happy with your current EA? Are they communicating well with you? I changed from first EA as they where totally useless.

It is a bonus that the house you want is with them. Do the EA know you are interested in that house? They may be more motivated to communicate with you about any other interest I guess? It will be easier for the sale to go through with both sales in one EA, they will know what is happening. I would say that you have nothing to loose by change EA if you aren't fussed about the one you are with. And yes it will put you back on top of Rightmoe / Zoopla. The only difficulty would be if someone introduced by EA 1 comes back and wants to buy, you are likely to owe EA 1 some commission, check the contract on that one. Saying that I asked EA 2 that question re. what commission would we owe them if someone came back from EA 1 and he said it had never happened to him in his 15 years as an EA. But whether that was true I don't know......
    • Alchopops
    • By Alchopops 29th May 17, 4:54 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Alchopops
    Long time lurker here and thought I'd join the party! Our flat has been on the market nearly 4 weeks and only 4 viewings, no offers to date. Price was reduced last week and we now have two viewings booked tomorrow Its a freehold coach house in a popular area so we were hoping for a bit more interest as we've put a deposit down on a new build due to be complete end of July/August, so fingers crossed!
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 29th May 17, 6:07 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Good luck Alchopops!
    Happytails I would be tempted to switch if i was you, might be the boost you need.

I asked EA to contact our potential buyer today to see if they're having much interest in their property because we've found something we like and want to get on with it now. Apparently they've got "loads" of viewings booked in this week. I hope they have but I'll take it with a pinch of salt until it translates into them progressing with buying our house
    • Annaeliz
    • By Annaeliz 29th May 17, 9:46 PM
    • 349 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    Annaeliz
    Hi everyone! I'm new on here, house has only been on the market a week and im already worn out trying to keep the house 'viewing ready'. I've got 3 boys, a husband and a dog who all have a very different view of what is an acceptable state for the house to be in to view
    2012 - (£1954) 2013 - (£263) 2014 - (£155)
    Back comping for 2017!
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 30th May 17, 7:26 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Hi everyone! I'm new on here, house has only been on the market a week and im already worn out trying to keep the house 'viewing ready'. I've got 3 boys, a husband and a dog who all have a very different view of what is an acceptable state for the house to be in to view
    Originally posted by Annaeliz

Sounds familiar!
    Have you had much interest so far?
    • happytails
    • By happytails 4th Jun 17, 8:50 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    happytails
    Been away for a few days. The EA rang with feedback from our *very interested last week but not anymore* viewer.

Her husband called EA to say that his In Laws who came to look too pointed out lots of stuff that needed work (not entirely sure what except the rendering which we have decdided to fix) and having an older but fully working boiler. Basically putting off his wife from putting an offer in. Its priced with the boiler in mind and the roof (10K cheaper than ones with newer roofs and ok interior)

I told the EA we were doing the rendering and replacing a carpet upstairs (a little threadbare) and she was going to call them to see if it sways them to make an offer - this was thursday. Im assuming they've well and truly crossed us off their list. so annoying.

• Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 9th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Aw thats rubbish Happytails
    Well, we're back to taking viewings. Our potential buyer has had no joy finding another buyer for their property so we had to say we couldn't wait any longer as we have a property in mind. We went 'live' on Rightmove again last night and have a viewing booked for tomorrow. With hindsight, it was silly of us to stop viewings and wait but we are where we are. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    • happytails
    • By happytails 11th Jun 17, 9:33 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    happytails
    aw Pumpkim that sucks, how did yesterdays viewing go?

We've given notice to change estate agents - 18th July we can market elsewhere. 2 hours after i gave notice the EA called with a viewer for Weds evening - ftb, so fingers crossed.

• Tiners
    • By Tiners 12th Jun 17, 6:33 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    Tiners
    Been away for a few days. The EA rang with feedback from our *very interested last week but not anymore* viewer.

Her husband called EA to say that his In Laws who came to look too pointed out lots of stuff that needed work (not entirely sure what except the rendering which we have decdided to fix) and having an older but fully working boiler. Basically putting off his wife from putting an offer in. Its priced with the boiler in mind and the roof (10K cheaper than ones with newer roofs and ok interior)

I told the EA we were doing the rendering and replacing a carpet upstairs (a little threadbare) and she was going to call them to see if it sways them to make an offer - this was thursday. Im assuming they've well and truly crossed us off their list. so annoying.

But a new roof, a new boiler and an updated interior would cost a heck of a lot more than £10k?
    • happytails
    • By happytails 12th Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    happytails
    Tiners - I see your point but the boiler nor roof need doing imminently, the interior is pretty good bar these carpets (thanks to kids!). Much better than the interior of the dearer houses with the new roof etc

We are also happy to accept £8k lower than asking so a saving of atleast £18k compared to ones with new roofs but less desirable interior.

And it's under the stamp duty threshold (the ones £10k higher are over threshold).

• c.j.hugs
    • By c.j.hugs 12th Jun 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    c.j.hugs
    impatient already
    ours only went up for sale on friday. we are desperate to move and have found where we want to buy but need this selling first! hopefully viewings will start soon
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 12th Jun 17, 8:38 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    aw Pumpkim that sucks, how did yesterdays viewing go?

We've given notice to change estate agents - 18th July we can market elsewhere. 2 hours after i gave notice the EA called with a viewer for Weds evening - ftb, so fingers crossed.
    Good luck with the viewing on Wednesday

We haven't heard anything back from Saturday, they were FTB but I didn't really get the impression that they were that keen really. Nothing else on the horizon and I am getting super impatient too, more so because we've seen the property we want and it's the only one we want. I just want to be able to buy it!!
    • happytails
    • By happytails 12th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    happytails
    Good luck with the viewing on Wednesday

We haven't heard anything back from Saturday, they were FTB but I didn't really get the impression that they were that keen really. Nothing else on the horizon and I am getting super impatient too, more so because we've seen the property we want and it's the only one we want. I just want to be able to buy it!!
    Originally posted by Pumpkim
    Pumpkim and C.J.hugs - Ditto - We've found where we want to buy too - viewed it twice, its perfect. Just an (impatient) waiting game now.

Managed to tidy more of the girls room up today, got a bin bag full of crap/rubbish and I also decluttered some stuff on various sides in the house to their homes or atleast hidden away. Tomorrows job is washing bedding - it needs doing anyway. Cleaning windows and washing the dogs bed so I can stuff it in my car on Wednesday. Oh and mow the lawn!

Keeping on top of the washing and the pots as on Wednesday I want to rehoover, have kitchen and bathroom immaculate & steam mop throughout rather than spend ages at the sink! Fresh flowers and some Zoflora to finish on Weds evening with all my fingers and toes crossed.

• Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 13th Jun 17, 1:34 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20160926/5596236/Crowd-of-house-buyers-rush-into-estate-agents.htm
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 13th Jun 17, 8:21 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    If you are unrealistic about the selling price, or have got yourself into a position where you NEED x amount for your house, then yes, it can take much longer than expected, and no, I don`t work for a property buyer...........
    • happytails
    • By happytails 14th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    happytails
    House is viewer-ready! Fingers crossed for this one.

• happytails
    • By happytails 14th Jun 17, 11:00 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    happytails
    House is viewer-ready! Fingers crossed for this one.
    The viewer didnt even show up

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

436Posts Today

4,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin