Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 96
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 16th May 17, 3:08 PM
    • 4,522 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    You can ask, don't see any harm. If they don't want to answer or are evasive you can draw your own conclusions. I have no problem telling viewers why ours fell through, I almost want to, to make it clear it isn't the house that is the issue.
    Originally posted by LoopyLoops

Was it the price?
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 16th May 17, 3:24 PM
    • 9,320 Posts
    • 11,761 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Would you ask the vendor why the sale has fallen through or is that none of our business?
    Originally posted by toc25
    Always ask. Last place I asked about (one we'd viewed) they said 'Japanese Knotweed' adjacent to it! Eek
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms; hamper (food/wine/Echo Dot/Jo Malone goodies); Avon lippies
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 16th May 17, 4:34 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    Was it the price?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    No. Person tried to port their mortgage, but didn't pass the credit check.
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 16th May 17, 7:02 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Good luck Toc, hope you get the price you're after!
    We rejected the offer made yesterday and they've upped it to an amount we're happy with, but they still have a place to sell so no further forward really. Fingers crossed they get a buyer soon because we have no viewings on the horizon here...
    • happytails
    • By happytails 16th May 17, 7:11 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 9,207 Thanks
    happytails
    Rang the vendors EA and put in an offer of interest, they called back and said the vendor will accept my offer, as soon as we get a buyer to contact them.

Then i called my EA and told them we want to move quickly, reasked about the viewer last week, the feedback is that they liked it and might want a second viewing. EA is giving them til friday to contact her and if no contact made then shes going to call them and see if theyd like a second viewing.

Ive also got another EA coming on tuesday to value and maybe sign up with for when the contract with my EA ends.

House been on 9 weeks now.
    Sarah,

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2017, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    Member No43 - % Challenge
    • toc25
    • By toc25 16th May 17, 7:58 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    toc25
    Well our house is sold, we ended up getting more than we originally wanted for it. Still expecting that to drop when they do the survey but we are happy. Also we love the house we viewed today and we are going to put an offer in in the morning. Fingers crossed we get it. As soon as we walked through the door we knew we wanted to buy it.
    • kelpie35
    • By kelpie35 16th May 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1,457 Posts
    • 4,571 Thanks
    kelpie35
    Well done Toc 25 hope all goes well for you.
    • Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 16th May 17, 8:41 PM
    • 3,443 Posts
    • 18,921 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    Well our house is sold, we ended up getting more than we originally wanted for it. Still expecting that to drop when they do the survey but we are happy. Also we love the house we viewed today and we are going to put an offer in in the morning. Fingers crossed we get it. As soon as we walked through the door we knew we wanted to buy it.
    Exciting times!
    Good luck with your offer.
    Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 16th May 17, 9:06 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Fab news
    Hope your offer gets accepted x
    • houndour
    • By houndour 16th May 17, 9:16 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    houndour
    Great news Toc and Pumpkim.

We've also sold. But we were rejected on the house we wanted . So back to the drawing board on that. Saw a house tonight that ticked pretty much every box, but I didn't like it and can't understand why. I want to walk into a house and love it if I'm spending that much. Surely that's not too much to ask?! Now we're very conscious we have a buyer and they will only wait so long. Just need some new houses to go up for sale now.
    • happytails
    • By happytails 16th May 17, 9:50 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 9,207 Thanks
    happytails
    Fab news Toc Fingers crossed.

Houndour - Hopefully you'll find something soon!

Im so impatient, I keep willing the phone to ring and it be the EA saying someone wants to view!
    Sarah,

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2017, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    Member No43 - % Challenge
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 16th May 17, 10:30 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    Congratulations Toc25!!
    • toc25
    • By toc25 17th May 17, 3:58 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    toc25
    Thank you every one, I daren't get my hopes up. I just am trying to remind myself that if it's meant to be it will work out.

Good luck to you all hope you get sold and find your houses soon.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 17th May 17, 12:44 PM
    • 9,320 Posts
    • 11,761 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Viewer on Sat. She has got a flat to sell though. Ho hum.
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms; hamper (food/wine/Echo Dot/Jo Malone goodies); Avon lippies
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 17th May 17, 1:00 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    Well, we have accepted an offer. Not quite what we wanted, but they are fully aware of the things that need doing on the house and need to budget for it. They love the house overall and they have sold to FTB's in rented and we are going into rented. Nice short chain. Fingers crossed this sale sticks!
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 17th May 17, 1:03 PM
    • 9,320 Posts
    • 11,761 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Well, we have accepted an offer. Not quite what we wanted, but they are fully aware of the things that need doing on the house and need to budget for it. They love the house overall and they have sold to FTB's in rented and we are going into rented. Nice short chain. Fingers crossed this sale sticks!
    Originally posted by LoopyLoops
    Fabulous! Will keep fingers crossed for you! x
    • toc25
    • By toc25 17th May 17, 3:01 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    toc25
    Good luck hazyjo you never know they could sell quickly

Loopyloops congratulations, and good luck

Our offer has been accepted on the house we want to buy so it's all happening now
    Scary
    • nightsky224
    • By nightsky224 17th May 17, 3:07 PM
    • 803 Posts
    • 537 Thanks
    nightsky224
    I hate this process. I'm a wreck. Just had people round for a 2nd viewing. They made an offer after the 1st viewing but We have asked them to go a little higher. They have just left and will let me know by the end of the day but they were worried about the size of the 2nd bedroom so I'm worried they will pull out. I don't have the nerves for this!!
    Recently married and loving it x
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 17th May 17, 3:15 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    I hate this process. I'm a wreck. Just had people round for a 2nd viewing. They made an offer after the 1st viewing but We have asked them to go a little higher. They have just left and will let me know by the end of the day but they were worried about the size of the 2nd bedroom so I'm worried they will pull out. I don't have the nerves for this!!
    Originally posted by nightsky224
    Totally feel your pain! It is horrible isn't it. The viewings / poking about, then the waiting! Fingers crossed for you!
    • nightsky224
    • By nightsky224 17th May 17, 3:21 PM
    • 803 Posts
    • 537 Thanks
    nightsky224
    Thanks Loopyloops fingers and toes crossed!
    Recently married and loving it x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,724Posts Today

7,978Users online

Martin's Twitter