Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 112
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 5th Oct 17, 10:37 AM
    • 4,577 Posts
    • 19,520 Thanks
    Slinky
    he asked if it was ok to bring his wife & if they could be left alone with just the estate agent ( was me & the 3 kids the other day) anyone else had that?
    Originally posted by chrissie83
    No, but I can understand why. You can be a lot more open about things you like/dislike/want to change etc without the owner hovering around in the background/foreground
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 5th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 1,345 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    he asked if it was ok to bring his wife & if they could be left alone with just the estate agent ( was me & the 3 kids the other day) anyone else had that?
    Originally posted by chrissie83
    Perfectly normal.
    I think it's best if the property owner is not present at the viewing, allowing prospective buyers to discuss the property freely, without fear of offending the present owner.
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 8th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    chrissie83
    Thank you both.
    They came back yesterday & put an offer in last night 6k below asking price. We are going to see the mortgage advisor hopefully tomorrow to see if the numbers add up. This is very stressful!
    Hope everyone else is getting on ok, it's very quiet in here
    • Tiglath
    • By Tiglath 9th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 3,472 Posts
    • 11,291 Thanks
    Tiglath
    Received an offer on our house. It's less than we were hoping for on the mortgage in principle agreement, so I'm speaking to the bank tomorrow. If all goes well, we'll accept the offer and go for the official mortgage application. Ours is a cash buyer, and the guy we're buying from is buying a property that has no onward chain, so hopefully it won't be too complicated.
    "Those are synapses, electric impulses in the brain that carry all the messages. Somewhere in all that organic wiring, all those ripples of light, is you — the thing that makes you unique and human." ~ Dr. Jenner, The Walking Dead
    • Tiglath
    • By Tiglath 14th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    • 3,472 Posts
    • 11,291 Thanks
    Tiglath
    Accepted the offer so now we're in a 5-party chain, with a cash buyer at our bottom end and an empty property at the top end. Had to get an exception on the mortgage from the bank's underwriters as I took a sabbatical this year and haven't been in my job yet for 6 months, but the exception was agreed on Friday. Official mortgage application happening next week - looking to borrow more than the original plan so we can do some development work on the house and land, but still only about 36% LTV, so looking good. My bank manager says it all looks feasible in terms of LTV and my salary, so onwards we go. After the mortgage application is agreed, it's surveys and another visit to our new place - survey on our current house being done next week. Our buyer is a developer who buys up properties and rents them out so he's planning on gutting the place anyway. Very impressed that it only took a month or so to sell ours.
    "Those are synapses, electric impulses in the brain that carry all the messages. Somewhere in all that organic wiring, all those ripples of light, is you — the thing that makes you unique and human." ~ Dr. Jenner, The Walking Dead
    • spendinglikemad
    • By spendinglikemad 14th Oct 17, 2:56 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 1,494 Thanks
    spendinglikemad
    had an offer on our property and then the following day the EA rang to say they couldn't get the mortgage due to the wife just going on maternity leave
    Oh hum........anyway got another viewer planned for next week and then see where we are!

SLM
    Family of 4 plus cat!
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 14th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    • 4,577 Posts
    • 19,520 Thanks
    Slinky
    There's already a thread for sellers waiting for a buyer. I'd suggest there's no need for another one.
    Originally posted by saidmaoui1
    What are you on about? This thread runs to 112 pages.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Oct 17, 6:42 PM
    • 13,624 Posts
    • 14,080 Thanks
    zx81
    Saidmaoui1 is post building - please hit the spam button.
    • Tiglath
    • By Tiglath 15th Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 3,472 Posts
    • 11,291 Thanks
    Tiglath
    had an offer on our property and then the following day the EA rang to say they couldn't get the mortgage due to the wife just going on maternity leave
    Oh hum........anyway got another viewer planned for next week and then see where we are!

SLM
    Originally posted by spendinglikemad
    Good luck! It's a stressful time.
    • spendinglikemad
    • By spendinglikemad 16th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 1,494 Thanks
    spendinglikemad
    Good luck! It's a stressful time.
    Originally posted by Tiglath
    Absolutely - even when you get an offer there are no guarantees! Just been and steam cleaned the floors downstairs for the viewing today with the EA so fingers crossed they like it!

SLM
    Family of 4 plus cat!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,578Posts Today

8,761Users online

Martin's Twitter