Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 109
    • westv
    • By westv 29th Aug 17, 10:35 PM
    • 4,350 Posts
    • 1,967 Thanks
    westv
    Another buyer now found so the selling merry go round can start again. There's a chain this time but their place is being purchased by first time buyers.
    They're doing a second viewing in just over a week so the pessimist in me says that's when our "buyer" they'll change their mind.
    Originally posted by westv
    Just to add that they originally viewed the property just before their place went on sale and decided to put an offer forward anywaý for " budgetting reasons". Once their place sold their offer was accepted and they booked the second viewing the same day (for this Saturday). If this had been the first "sale" I'd have assumed they just wanted to measure up/see what they might change (it's currently empty) but it's glass half empty for me at the moment until proven otherwise.
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 30th Aug 17, 2:13 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    Hi, not been in here for a while. We are still on the market. Had a viewing on Saturday morning ( with 45 mins notice!!!) not easy with 3 kids but he said he liked it, he spent half an hour wandering round the area & Tuesday night hubby saw him driving past ( looking at the house) as he put the bins out but we've heard nothing about a second viewing or anything 🤷!♀️
    School is back on Tuesday so will be easier to keep on top of the house etc

Hope you're all having better luck than us

Oh meant to say- we have re painted the front room & decorated the kitchen & knocked 2k off the price so not sure what else we can do to sell it now
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 30th Aug 17, 5:26 PM
    • 5,225 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Hi, not been in here for a while. We are still on the market. Had a viewing on Saturday morning ( with 45 mins notice!!!) not easy with 3 kids but he said he liked it, he spent half an hour wandering round the area & Tuesday night hubby saw him driving past ( looking at the house) as he put the bins out but we've heard nothing about a second viewing or anything 🤷!♀️
    School is back on Tuesday so will be easier to keep on top of the house etc

Hope you're all having better luck than us

Oh meant to say- we have re painted the front room & decorated the kitchen & knocked 2k off the price so not sure what else we can do to sell it now
    Originally posted by chrissie83

Knock more off the price?
    • spendinglikemad
    • By spendinglikemad 5th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 1,507 Thanks
    spendinglikemad
    Still on the market here but with some interest/viewings since we dropped the price. We had one offer but it was another 10% lower than the new price and they wouldn't/couldnt come up (they got full asking on theirs!) so onto next viewers later today!
    SLM
    Family of 4 plus cat!
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 5th Sep 17, 2:28 PM
    • 5,225 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    According to The Metro there are actually some very keen buyers about...

https://www.metro.news/i-cant-wait-to-pay-my-own-mortgage/734919/
    • Natbag
    • By Natbag 8th Sep 17, 1:27 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    Natbag
    It's a nightmare isn't it? Trying to keep a house spotless with two full-time working adults, two kids and a dog undoing all my efforts is so hard. We sold on the first viewing back in July, but it fell through when their lender's surveyor under-valued it by about 8% and they refused to try another lender. It's ridiculous as he valued it at the price we paid for it 10 years ago, despite it having a new kitchen and bathroom recently and two identical houses next door sold within a week for what ours is listed at as demand is high in this area (and those properties didn't have new kitchens and bathrooms). Sigh.
    Things are not happening as quickly this time round sadly. Second viewing this evening, fingers crossed we get a buyer soon as I don't want to lose the house we want, it's our only reason for wanting to move
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 9th Sep 17, 5:47 PM
    • 5,225 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4867114/One-sellers-forced-cut-house-price.html
    • chazzab
    • By chazzab 9th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    chazzab
    Hi All! Joining the selling club and awaiting a buyer.
    We werent planning on moving this fast but our flat has risen in value quicker than we expected (assuming someone actually wants to buy it!) so we thought lets get the ball rolling.

Flat has been on the market for a couple days with 2 viewings scheduled already which seems like a good sign but already stressing about the outcomes of them.

And of course we already started having a sneak peek at properties for us and guess what, found one we loved. The seller won't entertain an offer until we are proceed-able so now waiting for a positive outcome from our viewings so we don't miss out on it!

Let the house buying stress commence.
    • kittie
    • By kittie 9th Sep 17, 11:01 PM
    • 11,285 Posts
    • 63,792 Thanks
    kittie
    I am looking for a house, just started. I have decided to be a cash buyer because I am older and can get the funds together, I cannot bear the thought of the completion/move on the same day, far too stressful. So I will buy first and then sell and in the meantime will get any necessary work done, while the new house is empty.

My house is already looking good, maintenance is up to date, so its a good time for me to sell. Buying is a different ball game, just a couple of potentially suitable properties, badly described and far and away too expensive, sellers greed. I can wait, bide my time and then when I sell, my price will be realistic according to the market trend, which is down
    Last edited by kittie; 10-09-2017 at 9:25 AM.
    • Tiglath
    • By Tiglath 9th Sep 17, 11:24 PM
    • 3,486 Posts
    • 11,334 Thanks
    Tiglath
    Our open day for our house sale was today; it went on the market about 10 days ago. 10 viewings - hopefully we'll get a couple of offers. Our offer on the new place has been accepted; haven't heard that the guy has found anything to move to yet, but once we accept an offer on ours, we can get an update from his estate agent.
    "Those are synapses, electric impulses in the brain that carry all the messages. Somewhere in all that organic wiring, all those ripples of light, is you — the thing that makes you unique and human." ~ Dr. Jenner, The Walking Dead
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 11th Sep 17, 1:38 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    We had a viewing on Thursday ( with just 20 mins notice! ) ��She had seen ours & another & preferred ours but is seeing another this week. Let's hope she prefers mine ��
    We have another viewing tonight at 5.30 a FTB so I've been cleaning all day.

Anyone having problems with very short notice viewings? We've had a few like last week with only 20 mins notice. I know I can say no but they keep saying if I'm in just let them come. I've told them to warn short notice viewers that it's a family home with 3 children & 2 cats & its clean but not always the tidiest at short notice but the EA says it's better than no viewing & seeing the house with children playing etc is no bad thing but it's so stressful!
    • kates08
    • By kates08 11th Sep 17, 2:04 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    kates08
    I'm feeling so frustrated today! We've been on 6 weeks, had a steady amount of viewings but no offers (one couple wanted to offer but didn't have their flat on the market yet so we said we couldn't take ours off the market until they have sold).

Had a viewing on on Thursday, within an hour of the viewing they had rung to book a second viewing for Saturday. EA rang about an hour after the second viewing to say that they really loved it and were expecting them to put in an offer.

I'm sitting here at work today staring at my phone and wondering at what point I can phone the EA to see if they've rung them for feedback yet!
    • Akahotpot
    • By Akahotpot 11th Sep 17, 2:57 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Akahotpot
    So had 4 views in 8 weeks no offers so today have decided to take the house off the market and find a reliable damp proof/plasterer to look at the dining room which has signs of damp
    Also going to pull up the carpets in there and the living room
    Lastly need to decide the most cost effective way of sprucing the kitchen
    So much for all the EA advice about leaving it and dropping the price
    • happytails
    • By happytails 11th Sep 17, 5:51 PM
    • 1,506 Posts
    • 9,215 Thanks
    happytails
    We are still on th market after our sale fell through back in July/August. Had 10 viewings easy since, a few second viewings, no offers.

Yesterday we had a viewer - FTB, they rang to book a second viewing which is tomorrow night - got my fingers crossed x
    Sarah,

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2017, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    Member No43 - % Challenge
    • Natbag
    • By Natbag 11th Sep 17, 5:54 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    Natbag
    Nothing going on here. At all. We've been back on the market 10 days and had 2 viewings; one had a house to sell that wasn't even on the market yet. They said it was too small for them. The second was a FTB, who also said it was too small. Nothing else booked in. To have sold it within 2 days the first time round only 5 weeks ago to not getting a sniff of interest this time round is so frustrating, especially when buying the house we want now hangs in the balance. Was hoping we'd have some more viewings booked in by now, but nothing.
    • kiely27
    • By kiely27 11th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    kiely27
    Wow kates08 I could have written your post. We have also been on for 6 weeks, 14 viewings, 2 2nd viewings - one of which wanted to put in an offer but hasn't put theirs on the market yet. EA told them to come back once theirs has sold. I hate waiting!!
    • kates08
    • By kates08 12th Sep 17, 9:14 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    kates08
    The lady that had the 2nd viewing on Saturday and gave the impression to our EA that she was going to put an offer in has...booked a 3rd viewing!

So frustrating. If you don't know after 2 viewings then I don't think a 3rd will help! Obviously we've said yes to her coming back, but there is a little niggle in my mind saying she might just be a timewaster.
    • kittie
    • By kittie 12th Sep 17, 11:08 AM
    • 11,285 Posts
    • 63,792 Thanks
    kittie
    wrong Kate, buying a house is a very big deal for most people. The fact that she has booked a thrird viewing is a good omen and she may well bring a friend with her. I don`t intend to buy on two viewings, I will do three and will mentally nit pick on the last one.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 12th Sep 17, 11:49 AM
    • 5,225 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    The lady that had the 2nd viewing on Saturday and gave the impression to our EA that she was going to put an offer in has...booked a 3rd viewing!

So frustrating. If you don't know after 2 viewings then I don't think a 3rd will help! Obviously we've said yes to her coming back, but there is a little niggle in my mind saying she might just be a timewaster.
    Originally posted by kates08

So someone who may pay (or borrow) a sizeable chunk of change to buy your property from you is a "timewaster"? Did you expect the first person over the door just to buy it after a quick glance round?
    • kates08
    • By kates08 12th Sep 17, 12:24 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    kates08
    So someone who may pay (or borrow) a sizeable chunk of change to buy your property from you is a "timewaster"? Did you expect the first person over the door just to buy it after a quick glance round?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    No, I didn't mean it like that. They have rearranged both their viewings a couple of times and I just have a feeling that they don't have any genuine intention/ability to make an offer. I may be completely wrong. Your comment about the first person to walk through the door buying it after a quick glance round is ridiculous, obviously I've stated that I've been on for weeks and had lots of viewings.

I'm surprised you're even taking part in this thread Crashy, considering your disdain for anyone who is interested in buying and selling properties, and you certainly aren't waiting for a buyer considering all your other posts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

516Posts Today

5,097Users online

Martin's Twitter