Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 105
    • kazd
    • By kazd 14th Jul 17, 11:02 PM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 434 Thanks
    kazd
    Well best of luck with your sales. Can I ask how much you reduced yours by. We reduced ours by£10k which is not massive but we still expect someone to offer less. Tbh we need every penny we can get as we are going from being more or less mortgage free to a mortgage until we retire.

This will be our third Saturday on sale but the second without any viewings booked in. I hate this it is so emotional.
    Last edited by kazd; 14-07-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 15th Jul 17, 12:36 AM
    • 7,571 Posts
    • 36,495 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Oh that is depressing kazd so sorry I hope the perfect buyer comes along soon x

Well we've driven out to our new place, surprised how quiet it was actualy so we may be fine to go ahead after all Will go and spend a few hours hanging around tomorrow too (in the local area, not just round the outside of the house )

Quite bored of keeping everything clean and tidy now house doesn't feel like ours any more
    Saved for house move: £13,733.35
    • happytails
    • By happytails 15th Jul 17, 7:56 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 9,207 Thanks
    happytails
    Kazd ours was marketed at £125,000 then reduced to £120k, then £114k then now offers over £107k - Its so disheartening really!

We have another viewer tomorrow - so 3 in 2 days!

My friend messaged me today, it turns out her sister is wanting to view and is the one booked in on Monday. She asked if we were in a position to move quickly and if we had found somewhere (we have) as her sisters kids start at the local school in September! Lets hope she likes it!

Sarah x
    Sarah,

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2017, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    Member No43 - % Challenge
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 15th Jul 17, 9:12 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Kazd ours was marketed at £125,000 then reduced to £120k, then £114k then now offers over £107k - Its so disheartening really!

We have another viewer tomorrow - so 3 in 2 days!

My friend messaged me today, it turns out her sister is wanting to view and is the one booked in on Monday. She asked if we were in a position to move quickly and if we had found somewhere (we have) as her sisters kids start at the local school in September! Lets hope she likes it!

Sarah x
    Originally posted by happytails
    Good luck! The way I see it, she really likes it on paper otherwise she wouldn't have bothered getting her sister to message you. That's someone who is already thinking about moving in
    Fingers are crossed for you.
    • happytails
    • By happytails 16th Jul 17, 7:14 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 9,207 Thanks
    happytails
    Good luck! The way I see it, she really likes it on paper otherwise she wouldn't have bothered getting her sister to message you. That's someone who is already thinking about moving in
    Fingers are crossed for you.
    Originally posted by Pumpkim
    I thought so too!

Well the first viewing today was a no show but i called the EA who spoke to the viewer and they were very apologetic as they thought it was tomorrow! No harm as we had another viewing at 1.30 today. The lady has rescheduled at 10 tomorrow.

The people who came this afternoon were very keen, stayed about 1/2 an hour but havent sold their property yet.

So tomorrow we have the lady who forgot today coming and the keen lady at 12 as planned!
    Fingers crossed this week is the week we get A good offer. Would be nice not to do viewings with all 3 kids at home under my feet!
    Sarah,

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2017, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    • Frodobaggins
    • By Frodobaggins 16th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 7,105 Thanks
    Frodobaggins
    Hi everyone, I am so pleased I found this thread, I have read through all posts from the beginning and it has taken me days!

I would love to join you all as we have had our house up for sale since the beginning of May and have only had 4 viewings.

One viewer has been back about 2 weeks ago for a second viewing though, she is a BTL and told us she is very interested but it will be a few days until she gets back to us. I dont know how long she means by this as it was 3 weeks after her 1st viewing until she contacted us to come back for the second time. To date she has not contacted EA or given feedback.

One of the other viewers has offered us a proposal whereby they will pay us full asking price and pay solicitors fees, but want us to lend them 25% back and pay us it back over 3 years. So we would receive 75% now and rest over 3 years. We dont really know what to think of this to be honest. The other issue is we have a house we would love to buy but if we accept this proposal we would only have a 5% deposit to put down and not sure we could proceed with that.

We do not live in a very nice area so we anticipated a lot of difficulty selling our house so we are tempted by the proposal.

Any ideas or feedback very much appreciated.
    DFW Nerd 1394.
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 16th Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    • 7,571 Posts
    • 36,495 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Gosh FrodoBaggins, that's quite an offer! Crikey. I've never heard of anything like that before (doesn't mean that it doesn't happen though as my experience in such matters is pretty limited...)

I think I'd be wondering why they needed YOU to take the risk of lending them money - presumably the bank thinks they're too much of a risk?? Could you afford NOT to get your money back? Might be worth asking the solicitor whether this ever happens, and whether you could draw up an agreement - what position would you be in if they just refused to pay once they moved into your house? At least the bank could regain the house from them but I suspect you couldn't.

Goodness, what a difficult situation!

Fingers crossed for you x
    • Frodobaggins
    • By Frodobaggins 17th Jul 17, 5:29 AM
    • 938 Posts
    • 7,105 Thanks
    Frodobaggins
    I know it all seems a bit strange. I discussed it with EA and he said he had never come across anything like it and was quite skeptical, but after reading the proposal he said it might be worth looking into.

They are investors so they are buying several properties and I think thats why they only want to pay 75% up front. They have stated they would pay solicitors fees and it would have to be all above board which they have assured us it is.

We were going to leave it this week to see if the lady who has viewed twice gets in touch, then consult our financial adviser to get his thoughts on the proposal and if the figures work!
    DFW Nerd 1394.
    • Tiners
    • By Tiners 17th Jul 17, 6:23 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    Tiners
    Frodobaggins - I wouldn't even consider that 75% suggestion, there are so many issues/potential issues with it I can't even begin to assemble them in some kind of cohesive order to list them all here!

It just screams over leveraged chancers who fancy themselves as property entrepreneurs.
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 17th Jul 17, 6:55 AM
    • 7,571 Posts
    • 36,495 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Hmm - if they can afford to buy several properties, they should be able to pay for them all. Sounds more and more like they want you to take on some of the risk of their 'investments'. Cheeky so-and-sos!

Definitely a good idea to speak to financial adviser. Hope the more straightforward buyer comes back with a decent offer!

Going to ring this morning and see if our potential buyer has agreed - she offered well over asking price if we'd take it off the market and wait for her to sell hers. Said no at first - but now we're wavering about the house we want to buy so thought we'd give her a chance as it'd give us a bit of breathing room (and a hefty chunk more than the others offered).

However, she dropped her offer substantially after we waited a week to accept it, and now is barely offering more than our two sets of first time buyers. Made a counter offer Saturday so if she doesn't go with that we'll go with one of the others.

I realise it may all go wrong- but the whole thing may go wrong anyway and we've had several others so I hope would be able to sell if we had to market again...

Hate all these games with everyone second guessing each other
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 17th Jul 17, 7:20 AM
    • 110 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    I hate the games and second guessing too Cheery. In all honesty though, I'd go with one of the FTBs x
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 17th Jul 17, 8:03 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 18,624 Thanks
    Slinky
    Ditto, there seems little to be gained waiting for her to sell her house.
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 17th Jul 17, 10:34 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    chrissie83
    Hi everyone, I haven't been in here for a while. We have been so busy we have pretty much forgotten about selling. We have had 3 viewers over the past few weeks ( 1 a 2nd viewing) & another tonight which I'm not looking forward to as I will have 3 little ones around.
    It's so frustrating, the 2nd viewing was a BTL who came to see it with in a few days of going on the market. He didn't give much away he asked lots of questions but I didn't get the feeling he loved it or anything. Then 4 months later came for another look after he 'kept coming back to it' & 'couldn't get it out of his head' but we've heard nothing of it so who knows.
    I'm pleased to see some of you in here are getting lots of viewers & offers, hope it continues
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 17th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 7,571 Posts
    • 36,495 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Good luck with your viewing Chrissie, I was so stressed by ours that I can't imagine trying to do one with three small children around!

I must confess that we have ignored your helpful suggestions amd accepted the offer from the people who need to sell their house They've offered substantially over our asking price, and we've given a deadline of 2.5 weeks.

I know probably not the "best" decision but best for our circumstances right now as it gives us a little wiggle room to be temporarily indecisive without stressing that someone's waiting for us to find somewhere to buy.

Of course, if it all goes wrong I'll be back here in 3 weeks trying to find a buyer again with my tail between my legs but fingers crossed it won't come to that!
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 17th Jul 17, 7:12 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    chrissie83
    Well that was stressful! My eldest is very possessive of her room & found it really intrusive to have strangers in there ( she's 12) she played out on the park while there were here with her sisters so at least there were out of the way but I could see them.
    The EA came down before her & said she loves it, think we might have an offer here but we will see, I don't want to get my hopes up.

How do people do viewings with kids about? I really don't know what to do, I want to say no viewers during school hols as it's a nightmare but think that is a silly idea as it's 7 weeks & that takes us to September
    • happytails
    • By happytails 17th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 9,207 Thanks
    happytails

How do people do viewings with kids about? I really don't know what to do, I want to say no viewers during school hols as it's a nightmare but think that is a silly idea as it's 7 weeks & that takes us to September
    Originally posted by chrissie83
    I would try to palm them off on a friend/relative for any viewings if poss. If not stick a film on and hope they sit quietly.
    Sarah,

• happytails
    • By happytails 17th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 9,207 Thanks
    happytails
    Well today was our day!! The lady at noon loved it and an hour later offered us our minimum asking price (offers over £107,000) So we are thrilled! Offered on the one we want and it got accepted. The vendors are now looking for rented accommodation so a really small chain.

Our buyer wants to be in by end of August!! I said we would do our best to get everything done ASAP. All partied have instructed solicitors and I am awaiting paperwork. Couldnt get hold of my mortgage advisor today which was annoying, hopefully i can arrange an appointment tomorrow.

Ill keep popping by here though as this thread has been my home since February!
    Sarah,

• Frodobaggins
    • By Frodobaggins 17th Jul 17, 9:10 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 7,105 Thanks
    Frodobaggins
    Thanks for all your helpful comments and ideas. I tried to speak to financial advisor today but couldn't get hold of him so will try tomorrow.

Got a message this afternoon saying we have a booking tomorrow at 2! Wasn't expecting that so hopefully we can all run around cleaning now for the next 2 hours! We have no small children but 2 very big smelly and quite naughty dogs, the naughtiest of which is being shipped out later overnight to my daughters!

Happytails congratulations on your good news. Heres to a straight forward move.
    DFW Nerd 1394.
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 17th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    • 7,571 Posts
    • 36,495 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    congratulations happytails, so pleased for you! really hope you can get things moving by the end of august

We don't have children (or dogs) but have viewed a few houses where there were kids,mostly hanging around in one room with the tv or electronic device. i think in one place the owner stayed with the children and let us wander round on our own. They were all very well behaved!
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 17th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Well today was our day!! The lady at noon loved it and an hour later offered us our minimum asking price (offers over £107,000) So we are thrilled! Offered on the one we want and it got accepted. The vendors are now looking for rented accommodation so a really small chain.

Our buyer wants to be in by end of August!! I said we would do our best to get everything done ASAP. All partied have instructed solicitors and I am awaiting paperwork. Couldnt get hold of my mortgage advisor today which was annoying, hopefully i can arrange an appointment tomorrow.

Ill keep popping by here though as this thread has been my home since February!
    Originally posted by happytails
    Yay
    So pleased for you

We put an offer in today too, just waiting on the answer, we can afford (and would be happy to pay) the asking price, so feeling positive that this will be it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,652Posts Today

8,627Users online

Martin's Twitter