Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 178Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 100
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 14th Jun 17, 11:17 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    The viewer didnt even show up
    Originally posted by happytails
    Oh no!!!!
    • happytails
    • By happytails 15th Jun 17, 10:07 AM
    • 1,439 Posts
    • 9,096 Thanks
    happytails
    Oh no!!!!
    Originally posted by LoopyLoops
    I know, so annoying! Called the EA this morning and they are going to contact them to see if there was a reason for the no show.

Sarah
    Sarah, Mummy to Amber, Lucas and Evelyn.

Member No43 - % Challenge
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 15th Jun 17, 9:34 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    The viewer didnt even show up
    Originally posted by happytails
    Oh no, I'd be furious! I was just popping back to see how you'd got on

We had a last minute viewing tonight, so ran round like a mad woman after work cleaning and tidying. They seemed fairly enthusiastic, but said it was the first they'd viewed so don't imagine we'll hear anything straight away, even if they do like it. Back to the waiting game...
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 16th Jun 17, 12:37 PM
    • 4,226 Posts
    • 1,984 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    No EA is going to harass someone who may potentially view other properties on their books for not showing up to a particular viewing? The only lever a seller has to get multiple interested parties round to their house is the price lever.
    • rubywhatashmoo
    • By rubywhatashmoo 17th Jun 17, 11:38 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 3,360 Thanks
    rubywhatashmoo
    We completed our house sale a couple of weeks ago but when we first had it up for sale the first few viewers were no shows! We had an hours notice that the first one wasn't coming (which was fine except I was heavily pregnant and had rushed round like a loon making the house presentable!) then the next few just didn't come - it's ridiculous it wouldn't take 2 minutes to cancel a viewing
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 18th Jun 17, 9:02 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Was hoping we'd have viewings this weekend (or at least one!) but nothing, unless we get a last minute one today - it's an online agent so viewings can be requested 24/7 - but I imagine people will be more interested in enjoying the sunshine, as will I!
    The two bed on our street has now been sold, I'm taking it as a positive that stuff is selling but also peeved that they chose that one and not ours
    Ours is a 3 bed and is marketed at the same price, be interesting to know what the offer is on it and whether the buyer viewed ours... I'm such a nosey parker, overthinker
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 18th Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    sheff6107
    No viewings in 5 weeks here. Thoroughly depressing.
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 18th Jun 17, 7:43 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Well we did get a last minute viewing today and another booked for tomorrow. Don't think today's will produce the goods, she already has an offer in on a property and is waiting an outcome on that and turns out she grew up next door but one and her mother didn't get on with our next door neighbour who happens to still live here 30 years on... I threw in the towel when that little tit bit came up
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow
    • Rivers3000
    • By Rivers3000 19th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Rivers3000
    Hello everyone!
    Thought I would join in? I'm a complete newbie, never sold a house before so although it's exciting it's also a bit daunting, and I think joining in with you all will be a help!
    Our house went on the market today and have a viewing tomorrow afternoon.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 19th Jun 17, 5:16 PM
    • 9,085 Posts
    • 11,367 Thanks
    hazyjo
    OMG we have an offer. A good one that we can't turn down. I feel sick! So does my OH! We love our house - but know we will love living in Leigh-on-Sea. Just need a second view and offer accepted on the house we like - actually there are two so one or the other.

It's dragged on for so long it's weird, almost like we forgot it might result in a move lol!

Actually I am in shock and don't quite know how to react. We've talked about it for so long!
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 19th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 108 Thanks
    Mr da
    Congratulations hazy �� I know what you mean by dragging on so much you forget it could end in a move. I exchanged last Friday and to be honest by the time that come I wasn't as excited about the move , as much as I was to get it all boxed off and move on from the buying selling merry go round.
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 19th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Hello everyone!
    Thought I would join in? I'm a complete newbie, never sold a house before so although it's exciting it's also a bit daunting, and I think joining in with you all will be a help!
    Our house went on the market today and have a viewing tomorrow afternoon.
    Originally posted by Rivers3000
    Welcome, and good luck. Fingers crossed for a speedy sale x

OMG we have an offer. A good one that we can't turn down. I feel sick! So does my OH! We love our house - but know we will love living in Leigh-on-Sea. Just need a second view and offer accepted on the house we like - actually there are two so one or the other.
    It's dragged on for so long it's weird, almost like we forgot it might result in a move lol!
    Actually I am in shock and don't quite know how to react. We've talked about it for so long!
    Originally posted by hazyjo
    Fab news Hazyjo and good luck with the offer

We ended up with two viewings this evening, first went really well, she seemed very enthusiastic, asked loads of questions to get a feel for the place, spent quite a long time here, it felt positive but I don't want to build my hopes up... oops too late
    The second also went fairly well, they seemed to like it but weren't as openly enthusiastic so it was harder to tell what they were thinking...
    We shall see!
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 19th Jun 17, 9:58 PM
    • 3,212 Posts
    • 23,880 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Great news Hazyjo!
    • Rivers3000
    • By Rivers3000 19th Jun 17, 10:16 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Rivers3000
    Thanks

Is it normal to show people round yourself or for the estate agent to do it? We will be at work so the EA is doing the viewing tomorrow (plus we are paying for a local one for that reason) but I quite like the idea of showing people round yourself as you'll get a better feel for how it goes! Plus I'm incredibly nosy

Well done on your offer Hazyjo, that's the feeling I hope I get soon!
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 20th Jun 17, 6:56 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Thanks

Is it normal to show people round yourself or for the estate agent to do it? We will be at work so the EA is doing the viewing tomorrow (plus we are paying for a local one for that reason) but I quite like the idea of showing people round yourself as you'll get a better feel for how it goes! Plus I'm incredibly nosy
    Originally posted by Rivers3000
    I'm with an online agent so doing the viewings myself. It does feel a bit weird, people are obviously very polite to my face

The only time I've had an agent show me round a property is when it's been empty, every other time the vendor themselves have shown me round, so I was a bit surprised to find on this forum just how many people use the agent to do viewings.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 20th Jun 17, 8:18 AM
    • 4,224 Posts
    • 17,255 Thanks
    Slinky
    When we come to sell our current house in a couple of years, I will probably do the viewings myself, but then I did work, briefly, as an EA many years ago so did them for other people. The policy of the agency I worked for was to always do the viewings where possible so we could get the feel of how things went.

I'm starting to get quite excited about our purchase now, and wish we would be moving into it rather than having to wait for a couple of years.
    • Pumpkim
    • By Pumpkim 20th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Pumpkim
    Another viewing tonight

I'm obviously pleased we're getting plenty of interest , but really hope one translates into an offer soon. Keeping the house spic and span is getting exhausting! Hubby keeps telling me the law of averages means one will offer eventually but I'm just sooooo impatient
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 20th Jun 17, 11:33 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    Great news hazyjo!!!
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 22nd Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    • 9,085 Posts
    • 11,367 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Thanks all! Over the moon now the shock's worn off LOL. She viewed last Sun, offered on Mon. Her husband (and 2 year old) hadn't even seen it! I told the EA and they agreed he ought to, so they came last night. I was bawling my eyes out after they left as we're so happy the house is going to them. SUCH a lovely family. Coming from a one bed flat to what has been a VERY happy home with 3 beds and a garden. They've come into some money (bereavement).

She said their FTB wanted theirs asap and had booked the survey in already (viewed on the open day last Sat and offered same day). She assured us no rush, said they're really happy to wait as long as it takes and will prob go into rented for a while. Said they're laid back and won't hassle or anything and will go with the flow.

Just lovely lovely lovely people. I truly believe they were meant to come along and buy it. Fingers crossed it works out.

How's everyone else getting on? Pumpkim? Sounds imminent for you.

Got a second view of a house on Sat - not sure they'll take our offer, but you never know... x
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms
    • phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 22nd Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    • 3,034 Posts
    • 6,262 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    Fantastic news, Hazy Am really pleased for you! Hope everything works out and you get the house you want in Leigh-on-Sea x
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free since age 40 (2007)

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,177Posts Today

7,481Users online

Martin's Twitter