Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CashStrapped
    • By CashStrapped 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    • 1,083Posts
    • 599Thanks
    CashStrapped
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?
    • 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company? 29th Apr 16 at 12:36 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you're considering switching use our Cheap Energy Club to check you're getting the best deal for you first.

Back to CashStrapped's original post...

-----------

New energy company has appeared in my area offering good rates.

Iresa Limited.

Cannot find posts about them on the fourm.

http://www.iresa.co.uk/

The company is based in Nottingham.

Website is up and running and looks quite advanced and functional. Cannot assess the functionality of the online account services obviously.

Companies house brings up the director as (text removed by MSE Forum Team). I do not know if he has connections to any other energy companies.

Anyone have any other information? Signed up with them?
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 30-03-2017 at 4:45 PM. Reason: Personal details
Page 5
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 27th Jan 17, 3:19 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Some googling reveals the following:

1) The building of the registered office is a rent-a-space affair.

2) Brand new supplier so obviously not much feedback.

3) The name of the registered owner I won't post here as it'll just be removed again but you can find it by searching for "energy advise iresa review" - note that the registered office address you'll find there is different to that for IRESA that is filed with companies house. Googling his first name and surname leads to 2 companies house results for company directors:
    Iresa energy
    where our man lists his occupation as IT consultant

and
    2 unrelated, defunct IT Consultancy companies:
    Company numbers: 06830667 + 06824259. Both listed their office as residential addresses in London (one of which can't be found by google as the streetname appears to be non-existent).
    Note that the 2 defunct companies in the second link are both listed as IT consultancies, were both started in 2009 and both were dissolved by 2011. Neither seems to filed much in the way of accounts with Companies House.

I don't know about you but seeing 2 listings for a Director with identical first, middle and last names, identical birth month + year, identical nationality (Nigerian) and identical occupation makes me think this is the same bloke listed twice.

All other considerations aside:
    Him setting up and dissolving 2 IT consultancy firms 6 years ago gives me very little confidence in his ability to run a small, brand-new energy provider, out of rented office space, which says they will take the direct debit as soon as they can after the 14-day cooling off period and before I've even had a bill!

For the sake of £6 extra per annum I'll be going with a known entity TYVM.

Apologies for not just posting a URL to the results I found but because I just joined the forum i'm not allowed to post links (spam filter stops the post going through). Hopefully those reading this can follow my searching and reach the same results I did.
    Originally posted by Super_Jethro
    I found all this information, months ago, but i think it's wise not to post links.

Ps - You forgot to mention, I***a, was also set up by / through an agency in 2012, (after the IT Company was compulsory dissolved in 2011,) and lay dormant until they started trading, last year. Mr * also changed his nationality to British, fairly recently.

Otherwise, spot on.

Whilst the majority of energy consumers would just see an energy company and think no further about that company, forumites on here are much more clued up, and in today's economic climate, i certainly wouldn't take a company at face value and i would research an energy company before switching. On balance, i would prefer to pay slightly more ( but only slightly,) for things which are important to me with an energy company, i.e. not continually having to chase / complain about a supplier, worry about my payments, etc. As prices rise, all energy companies, including I*, are / will be increasing their prices. It comes down to personal choice and knowledge?

The interesting time will be when I* release their accounts for 2016. Only then, will we know how well I* is faring. For now, there's only one person who knows the answer to that question.
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 28-01-2017 at 6:43 AM. Reason: added comments
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • nick pike
    • By nick pike 29th Jan 17, 1:43 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    nick pike
    But if there are problems, we will be covered by Ofgem.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 29th Jan 17, 8:00 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    But if there are problems, we will be covered by Ofgem.
    Originally posted by nick pike

Indeed, this appears to be the case.

After digesting all the comments / consumer research with regard to what people would like from an energy company, I'm now considering the possibility of setting up my own energy company.

Fred and Wilma energy co?

The Flintstones energy co?

Caveman energy co?

Bedrock Energy co?

I prefer the latter, but it's already been taken.

Answers on a postcard, please.

I'm off to spend that last £1 coin before March.

That said, many a great millionaire has been created from humble beginnings.
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 29-01-2017 at 8:02 AM.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • nick pike
    • By nick pike 2nd Feb 17, 7:14 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    nick pike
    First problem
    As a new customer, I am supposed to provide my first gas and electricity meter readings today. I opened my account pages. There was no provision for entering the gas readings, only the electricity readings. I tried phoning. After 7 minutes, and this is expensive these days, I went from queue no. 7 to 6. I then found a problem page and submitted my problem. I hope they fix my web page soon.
    Pity, as the site is easy to use, attractive and well laid out. Unlike E-ON's that is an unholy, complicated mess.
    • muffinfanks
    • By muffinfanks 12th Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    muffinfanks
    Hi Nick, I have the same issue with the gas not allowing a meter reading online, gave up trying to get through on the phone, submitted online help request but have had no reply, will try calling again this week. Did the option to add a gas reading appear in your online account or did you contact them via phone to sort out?
    Thanks!
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 12th Mar 17, 5:02 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    This post may help you http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72078161&postcount=177

If you use that email address make sure you include your account details and meter point info in the email.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Mar 17, 5:02 PM
    • 3,547 Posts
    • 1,897 Thanks
    Hengus
    Meter.readings@iresa.co.uk with your account number.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Mar 17, 5:57 PM
    • 3,069 Posts
    • 1,169 Thanks
    footyguy
    First problem
    As a new customer, I am supposed to provide my first gas and electricity meter readings today. I opened my account pages. There was no provision for entering the gas readings, only the electricity readings. I tried phoning. After 7 minutes, and this is expensive these days, I went from queue no. 7 to 6. I then found a problem page and submitted my problem. I hope they fix my web page soon.
    Pity, as the site is easy to use, attractive and well laid out. Unlike E-ON's that is an unholy, complicated mess.
    Originally posted by nick pike
    Hi Nick, I have the same issue with the gas not allowing a meter reading online, gave up trying to get through on the phone, submitted online help request but have had no reply, will try calling again this week. Did the option to add a gas reading appear in your online account or did you contact them via phone to sort out?
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by muffinfanks
    Whilst you can find a phone number at the bottom of their website page, there is no option to phone them on their contact us page

http://www.iresa.co.uk/how-to-contact-us/

That would lead me to believe, as is common with most cheap suppliers, they don't waste money on employing phone jockeys.

The options to contact them are in writing, via email, or raising a ticket in your online account.
    • johnnyshuttle
    • By johnnyshuttle 13th Mar 17, 10:57 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    johnnyshuttle
    Just changed over from BG, no problems at all......

All being well things should carry on in a good way, also nice to move away from the big boys.
    The Best Currant Cutter known To Man!!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Mar 17, 8:37 AM
    • 3,547 Posts
    • 1,897 Thanks
    Hengus
    Whilst you can find a phone number at the bottom of their website page, there is no option to phone them on their contact us page

http://www.iresa.co.uk/how-to-contact-us/

That would lead me to believe, as is common with most cheap suppliers, they don't waste money on employing phone jockeys.

The options to contact them are in writing, via email, or raising a ticket in your online account.
    Originally posted by footyguy
    We must be looking at different websites:

CONTACT US

Iresa Limited
    The Quadrant Business Centre Nuart Road,
    Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2NH
    Contact us: 0115 727 0982

Bring along a good book to read while you wait for a response.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 3,547 Posts
    • 1,897 Thanks
    Hengus
    Just received an e-mail from Iresa stating:

You have a new bill for your Iresa Energy Supply.

Checked my online account and, guess what, ....... ? Something appears to be missing.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 14th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    • 324 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Just received an e-mail from Iresa stating:

You have a new bill for your Iresa Energy Supply.

Checked my online account and, guess what, ....... ? Something appears to be missing.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Had the same message from Iresa today. Checked the account and a new bill is there!
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Mar 17, 12:23 PM
    • 3,547 Posts
    • 1,897 Thanks
    Hengus
    Had the same message from Iresa today. Checked the account and a new bill is there!
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer

My electricity bill is now showing but nothing for gas which is the one that I really want to see.
    • nick pike
    • By nick pike 15th Mar 17, 11:11 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    nick pike
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by muffinfanks
    All is well now. originally only the electricity meter readings option appeared but now I have both electricity and gas, and I have supplied both types of meter readings to them successfully. I left messages that I could not get gas readings in and it took a while for them to respond. I have also had my first bill and that all checks out fine. I think they take a while to get everything correct on your account pages. I suspect they have to contact an agency regarding the gas meter and this all takes time (the guy at E-ON was explaining this to me). Actually E-On were part of the system as to why the gas inputs took time to appear on IRESA.
    In conclusion, leave a message with IRESA by all means, but it all seems to work correctly after a while. The only criticism is that they should inform us of this in their initial introduction email.
    I also like their very well designed web pages.
    I know I have about the cheapest energy in the UK, and way cheaper than the big companies for the same stuff.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 16th Mar 17, 8:38 AM
    • 4,227 Posts
    • 1,717 Thanks
    brewerdave
    The IRESA message system available via the Help and Support tab on the web site really isn't fit for purpose - put a query on there on the 7th March, nothing posted by IRESA, resolved it myself on the 15th so posted a comment to say so - have now had an emailed apology for the delay in dealing with the original query!
    • stuart30
    • By stuart30 17th Mar 17, 6:53 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    stuart30
    We must be looking at different websites:

CONTACT US

Iresa Limited
    The Quadrant Business Centre Nuart Road,
    Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2NH
    Contact us: 0115 727 0982

Bring along a good book to read while you wait for a response.
    Originally posted by Hengus

To be fair ive been on the phone with EDF for over 3 hours previously...2.5hrs waiting and 30 minutes some Indian sounding dude saying Yes please..just one second thank you and how can we helping you today,all in various combinations.

I finally had a melt down and swore like an Irish navvy with his todger caught in his zipper.

His reply..That's good to hear sir..have i met with your concerns.

Ive just signed up today and they suggest saving up to £250 ish over the year.
    Save the wear and tear on your keyboard and don't waste your time correcting my spelling or Grammar...
    • kevinyork
    • By kevinyork 22nd Mar 17, 8:24 AM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 572 Thanks
    kevinyork
    We joined in early Feb. All I can say is why did I do it? Its been a nightmare throughout especially as I switched my Mum too. They didnt set up the meter points for 3 weeks after the switch so I couldnt enter meter readings and had to queue on the phone for 2 hours to given them yet they still gave my previous supplier an estimated gas reading that they are billing me for and its twice as high as it should be. They did the same on my Mums account too. When you do speak to them they say they will escalate it but NOTHING happens.

Their online ticket system is useless. The other day after waiting 95 mins in a queue to get through the girl put the phone down on her desk and I could her loud laughter. When she came back on I asked what she was doing and she said someone was tickling her! Professional?

I really would not recommend switching to these guys at all and I cannot see how they might last at all.
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 22nd Mar 17, 8:50 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Today I've received what I can only assume to be their normal monthly meter reading email reminder "It's time to send us your meter readings".

With other suppliers I've always submitted readings on the last day of the month and never had a problem.

Why would Iresa send this out today on the 22nd of the month when surely they want the meter reading/s on the last day of the month to tie in with their monthly billing dates?

There's still no sign of my first bill on my account covering 10th February (switch date) to 28th February which I expected.

When do customers who have been with them a while recommend submitting meter readings?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 22nd Mar 17, 8:56 AM
    • 3,547 Posts
    • 1,897 Thanks
    Hengus
    Today I've received what I can only assume to be their normal monthly meter reading email reminder "It's time to send us your meter readings".

With other suppliers I've always submitted readings on the last day of the month and never had a problem.

Why would Iresa send this out today on the 22nd of the month when surely they want the meter reading/s on the last day of the month to tie in with their monthly billing dates?

There's still no sign of my first bill on my account covering 10th February (switch date) to 28th February which I expected.

When do customers who have been with them a while recommend submitting meter readings?
    Originally posted by youravinalarrrf
    Confusing - yes and no. Iresa will bill you up to the day and meter reading that you supply. I chose the 26th last month and have got an electricity bill for February - no bill, as yet, for gas. I will probably wait until the 28th to submit my next set of readings.
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 22nd Mar 17, 9:04 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Think I'll stick with the last day of each month as that ties in with what I've always done and my spreadsheets and makes looking at monthly year on year usage comparisons easier.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,180Posts Today

9,442Users online

Martin's Twitter