Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CashStrapped
    • By CashStrapped 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    • 854Posts
    • 477Thanks
    CashStrapped
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?
    • 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company? 29th Apr 16 at 12:36 AM
    New energy company has appeared in my area offering good rates.

Iresa Limited.

Cannot find posts about them on the fourm.

http://www.iresa.co.uk/

The company is based in Nottingham.

Website is up and running and looks quite advanced and functional. Cannot assess the functionality of the online account services obviously.

Companies house brings up the director as (text removed by MSE Forum Team). I do not know if he has connections to any other energy companies.

Anyone have any other information? Signed up with them?
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 30-04-2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Personal details
Page 2
    • TRAY70s
    • By TRAY70s 30th Aug 16, 9:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TRAY70s
    Iresa taking on npower accounts without permission
    I got back from holiday to be confronted with a final bill from Npower and was told by the ombudsman that Iresa had taken over my energy account. Npower closed my account on 1st August without my consent and gave it to another energy company called IRESA! ? ive never heard of them or dealt with these ppl. It has been nearly a month without knowing that another energy company has my energy/address and personal details!
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 31st Aug 16, 8:59 AM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 950 Thanks
    footyguy
    I got back from holiday to be confronted with a final bill from Npower and was told by the ombudsman that Iresa had taken over my energy account. Npower closed my account on 1st August without my consent and gave it to another energy company called IRESA! ? ive never heard of them or dealt with these ppl. It has been nearly a month without knowing that another energy company has my energy/address and personal details!
    Originally posted by TRAY70s
    Can you please give us the full story please? The ombudsman will not consider any complaint unless & until you have allowed the supplier an opportunity to investigate and resolve a complaint themself. Default period is 8 weeks unless the supplier agrees otherwise.

I would suggest npower has not given the supply contract to another supplier, but rather that the other supplier took it over. If you did not agree to this, then you can ask either supplier to return it (I would ask nPower as they are the losing supplier)
    Google 'Erroneous Transfer Customer Charter' for for info

You should have received a 'sorry you are leaving' notification from npower. You are saying you didn't receive that?
    You should have received a welcome note from Iresa. You are saying you did not receive that either?

Hmmm...

I've no idea how Iresa would have got your personal details if you did not provide the supplier with them.
    Address I can understand. Meter deatils I can understand. But your personal dertails?
    I can assure you it would not be from nPower.
    Last edited by footyguy; 31-08-2016 at 9:05 AM.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 31st Aug 16, 10:03 AM
    • 5,273 Posts
    • 4,047 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    Originally posted by TRAY70s
    In the month between agreeing to switch to Iresa and being supplied by them I received 13 emails from them. These included meter number requests and conformation that I had set up a direct debit, which I had done, and that a payment had been taken. Its surprising to hear they've taken over your supply despite zero contact from you and without informing you throughout the process.

Contact them and ask exactly why they are now your supplier and how they got your personal details. http://www.iresa.co.uk/how-to-contact-us/

Please add their response to this thread as forum users will be interested in how this happened.

Likelihood of this newbie returning?
    Last edited by Norman Castle; 31-08-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    Too cool for school. Also too old for school.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 3rd Sep 16, 1:04 PM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 950 Thanks
    footyguy

and then I viewed the accounts

I noticed the diminution of the Profit and Loss account between the tow years shown, but leave others to make their conclusions,....
    Originally posted by oldwiring
    Linky no worky.

But as a new supplier to market, I don't really think there is any merit in looking at suppliers accounts prior to coming to market.Presumably it simply means they do have some good financial backing if they could afford to sustain at least a couple of years of increasing losses whilst they set up the business.

Btw, MSE rules forbid publication of personal details, and that includes company officers - you may want to edit your post before the powers that be see it

The MSE rule applies despite the company officer electing to disclose such information himself in his own website
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/our-company/

Yes there does appear to be another couple of companies that this person was an officer of - both set up as IT consulting comapnies. Neither appears to have traded, one of which was with A.N Other, and both appeared to have started to dissolved within about 12 months (although as you say one did last about 2 years before it was dissolved, which was because of an objection launched)

Iresa Limited has been incorporated since 2012
    Last edited by footyguy; 03-09-2016 at 1:26 PM.
    • oldwiring
    • By oldwiring 3rd Sep 16, 3:50 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 445 Thanks
    oldwiring
    You say "linky no worky". Well just clicked on it your quote and it worked fine.

Director's name replaced by a more generic term.

I see that the longer lasting co's dissolution was held up. Trouble with dissolutions is they leave everything so vague compared with a winding up.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 3rd Sep 16, 7:29 PM
    • 5,273 Posts
    • 4,047 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    You say "linky no worky". Well just clicked on it your quote and it worked fine.
    Originally posted by oldwiring
    This links not working. the accounts

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Request has expired</Message><Expires>2016-09-03T10:02:36Z</Expires><ServerTime>2016-09-03T18:26:55Z</ServerTime><RequestId>B73CCB4ABA91A143</RequestId><HostId>6MhL6oeDtqDUPBKyRu924Uk/acrvMs634I6bvCxkk97xVNnuPXwIHI5MWK3Tiw8zM5jvL/J1slA=</HostId></Error>
    Too cool for school. Also too old for school.
    • oldwiring
    • By oldwiring 3rd Sep 16, 10:56 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 445 Thanks
    oldwiring
    Try this instead.
    • sizzlephizzle
    • By sizzlephizzle 14th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sizzlephizzle
    Vouch
    Now, whilst I cannot vouch for the company's service, I can tell you that I have today had a job interview with them and understand much more about the company. They're small, but growing fast. They had to stop accepting new customers whilst they ensured the service they provided was top notch. Now, many companies would just take on thousands of customers and handle them badly, but to me, this shows a level of maturity and responsibility. Now that they've made sure everyone is looked after and setup properly, they've reopened the doors again (As per 2 weeks ago).

As a startup, you expect a trend of customer intake + recommendations from customers to friends. They spiked and put people before profit. This is my opinion, I'm not being paid by them (Yet, I may get the job, who knows) but they seem like a seriously good group of people finding their way and bringing great prices. I tried to sign up to them the day before they closed their signup page on the website but figured 'I'll do it tomorrow' and it cost me. Ended up signing up to GB instead.

The guy that interviewed me really knew what he was talking about though, so I just wanted to dispell any myths about this company. If I hadn't missed my cooling off period, I'd be joining them after my learnings today.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 21st Oct 16, 11:48 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Has anyone switched to Iresa recently, since they started taking on new accounts again?

I am considering switching from the current E.on fixed deal to Iresa for our electricity, as they are slightly cheaper, but it will give us another years fix with no exit penalty.

It appears unlikely that E.on (based on current practice) will offer an existing customer a reasonable deal when it comes to the end of the current fix, as they don't appear to be bothered about retaining customer loyalty.

Any update on what Iresa are like to deal with?
    Rhondda Cynon Taff, 4kw West Facing PV, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • bobmac62
    • By bobmac62 21st Oct 16, 4:58 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    bobmac62
    I have already begun the process of switching to IRESA and due to go live on 26th October. I was with EON MSE fixed until early October and was in the same boat as many others, facing an uncompetitive price as an existing EON customer. So far the switch has gone smoothly, with quick progress updates and have already paid my upfront DD payment. My deal should cost about the same as the previous EON fix and the option to leave with no penalty will ensure that I keep a close eye on the numerous new deals from the energy companies and comparison sites. I will post any news, good or bad on my experiences.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 22nd Oct 16, 4:08 PM
    • 1,918 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    katies mum
    bobmac62, great to hear your switching with IRESA seems going well. (there are not many reviews for this new company). I am currently with EDF until March 2017 but am considering IRESA as their prices for gas and electricity are slightly less than I am paying. Do you pay your first DD as soon as you sign up with them? thaks
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 22nd Oct 16, 8:31 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    bobmac62, great to hear your switching with IRESA seems going well. (there are not many reviews for this new company). I am currently with EDF until March 2017 but am considering IRESA as their prices for gas and electricity are slightly less than I am paying. Do you pay your first DD as soon as you sign up with them? thaks
    Originally posted by katies mum
    Signed up with them today. There is a 14 day cooling off period and then 3 days later they take the first Direct Debit payment in advance. Actual switch over is about 10 days later.
    Rhondda Cynon Taff, 4kw West Facing PV, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    • bobmac62
    • By bobmac62 23rd Oct 16, 11:46 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    bobmac62
    There is not much I can add to post #32, as this is 100% factual. Just be aware that the prices on their website do not include the 5% VAT element. Apart from that the option to switch if/when a lower tariff appears on the market made my decision to switch.
    • ktwtk
    • By ktwtk 28th Oct 16, 12:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ktwtk
    I'm a customer
    Began my switch to Iresa in June, and switched in July.

Not had any problems at all so far - managed to build up quite a bit of credit on both accounts (which I have noticed they pay me interest on, not something I had looked at before), but I am sure that will change over the winter, so I think they've pegged the DD about right.

Bills aren't the easiest to understand, but to be honest, energy supply bills never are are they! On the plus side the online account is pretty good for a new company, and you can view bills or transactions so I've managed to get to grips with how the land lies.

I've not had any call to call them up for anything, so can't vouch for customer service if things go wrong however.
    • centavur
    • By centavur 28th Oct 16, 11:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    centavur
    Switch to Iresa
    Just signed up (28th October), will update when switch is over
    • chris1973
    • By chris1973 29th Oct 16, 12:41 PM
    • 835 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    chris1973
    Iresa also appear the cheapest for me currently too, although a quick search of Google does throw up some negative reviews

http://energy-advise.com/2016/06/16/iresa-energy-reviews/

The reviews on their own Facebook page aren't exactly endearing either

https://www.facebook.com/IresaLimited/

Obviously its early days, so I think i'll give it a few months and wait to read the longer term feedback here before switching to them.
    "Dont expect anybody else to support you, maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse, but you never know when each one, might run out" - Mary Schmich
    • siderguy
    • By siderguy 2nd Nov 16, 1:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    siderguy
    Signed up this morning.
    Easy as pie.
    Received emails right away confirming details and login for readings etc.
    Best part is zero penalties for moving.
    I guess the deal is so good you will stay !
    Saved me £510 compared with if i had stayed with sse !
    • SamNRG
    • By SamNRG 2nd Nov 16, 2:19 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    SamNRG
    I can't believe people would sign up with a energy company with such horrendous reviews. All for the sake of probably around £10 a month.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 3rd Nov 16, 5:20 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    I have already begun the process of switching to IRESA and due to go live on 26th October. I was with EON MSE fixed until early October and was in the same boat as many others, facing an uncompetitive price as an existing EON customer. So far the switch has gone smoothly, with quick progress updates and have already paid my upfront DD payment. My deal should cost about the same as the previous EON fix and the option to leave with no penalty will ensure that I keep a close eye on the numerous new deals from the energy companies and comparison sites. I will post any news, good or bad on my experiences.
    Originally posted by bobmac62
    Hi BobMac62
    How has your switch to Iresa gone? Are you now with them?
    • hotlips69
    • By hotlips69 4th Nov 16, 3:54 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hotlips69
    I'm on the verge of also switching to IRESA, so am very keen to know how things are currently progressing, particularly in regards to giving meter readings, as this seems to be a big negative on older reviews that they were being ignored.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,174Posts Today

5,967Users online

Martin's Twitter