Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CashStrapped
    • By CashStrapped 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    • 1,086Posts
    • 598Thanks
    CashStrapped
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?
    • 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company? 29th Apr 16 at 12:36 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you're considering switching use our Cheap Energy Club to check you're getting the best deal for you first.

Back to CashStrapped's original post...

-----------

New energy company has appeared in my area offering good rates.

Iresa Limited.

Cannot find posts about them on the fourm.

http://www.iresa.co.uk/

The company is based in Nottingham.

Website is up and running and looks quite advanced and functional. Cannot assess the functionality of the online account services obviously.

Companies house brings up the director as (text removed by MSE Forum Team). I do not know if he has connections to any other energy companies.

Anyone have any other information? Signed up with them?
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 30-03-2017 at 4:45 PM. Reason: Personal details
Page 14
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 14th Jul 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    sent iresa an email telling them I'll charge them £100 for each day that goes past without a response; bizarely they respond quickly to this:

Good morning,

I apologise for the time it has taken to resolve your request.

It seems some of the issues with not being able to see electricity reads lies with an incorrect opening read from the national database. This is now being sent to be disputed with your previous proved. Once completed the subsequent reads can be validated and will then appear on your account.

I can confirm that we are no longer supplying you with Gas.

Regarding being unable to ransfer electricity, this is due to the fact that the direct debit was cancelled on your account. This has lead to both of your accounts being in debit, meaning you cannot transfer until the balance has been cleared. This balance is likely to increase once the electricity readings are validated and the total consumption is calculated. Currently, the owed amount is £103.98. You can clear this debit by setting up a new direct debit, or via one off payment.

Unfortunately we cannot change your tariff to the one you suggested at £0 with £0/KWH. We currently only have one tariff (IRESA Flex 4) which is the contract you signed for when you registered to switch.

Regarding the compensation of £100 each email for each day, unfortunately we are unable to offer compensation based on your request.

I hope the above information explains the situation and explains what we are doing to resolve your issue.

Kind regards

Luke
    Left is never right but I always am.
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 14th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    btw all the above is *******s

my bills are still incorrect
    • rozitron
    • By rozitron 15th Jul 17, 2:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rozitron
    Useless company
    I was meant to have a new meter installed by them.
    They never showed to the appointment, started taking d/debits for the supply. Emailed and rang (1hour plus waiting times) only to be told it was all up and running. 3 months and still no meter, I now have the ombudsman involved.
    Cheap tariffs but cheap service. Wouldn't touch them!!
    • BaeneyR
    • By BaeneyR 17th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BaeneyR
    Problems with IRESA
    I was happy with Iresa for 18 months until I called them this morning and waited for over twenty minutes to speak to an agent.

Cheap but not cheerful.

I spent time researching reviews while hanging on and found lots of complaints about customer service. And an article in The Telegraph on 13 April 2017 saying OFGEM have stopped them taking on new customers until customer service improves. So four months on and no obvious progress from my end.
    • Biscuit Tin
    • By Biscuit Tin 18th Jul 17, 9:44 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Biscuit Tin
    Iresa are accepting new customers!
    I was happy with Iresa for 18 months until I called them this morning and waited for over twenty minutes to speak to an agent.

Cheap but not cheerful.

I spent time researching reviews while hanging on and found lots of complaints about customer service. And an article in The Telegraph on 13 April 2017 saying OFGEM have stopped them taking on new customers until customer service improves. So four months on and no obvious progress from my end.
    Originally posted by BaeneyR
    LOL. #oldnews

Iresa are accepting new customers, so if there was any truth in the allegations being banded about in that publication (don't you know on slow news days, hacks turn to forums such as this to find some) then Iresa must have have proven that they have improved customer service.

• molerat
    • By molerat 18th Jul 17, 9:02 PM
    • 16,748 Posts
    • 10,973 Thanks
    molerat
    LOL. #oldnews

Iresa are accepting new customers, so if there was any truth in the allegations being banded about in that publication (don't you know on slow news days, hacks turn to forums such as this to find some) then Iresa must have have proven that they have improved customer service.

Originally posted by Biscuit Tin
    proven it to the deaf blind regulator. Many instances of this happening before, no discernable improvement but the regulator being convinced. Maybe they have been told how to make things look ok.
    Last edited by molerat; 18-07-2017 at 9:05 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Bigtwin
    • By Bigtwin 31st Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bigtwin
    Do NOT even think about using this company
    Just read Trustpilot. They are utterly beyond description. Just don't do it to yourself.
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 31st Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    FYI ombudsman found in my favour and have asked IRESA to permit my move to EDF and also to compensate me for loss and hassle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

529Posts Today

5,145Users online

Martin's Twitter