Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CashStrapped
    • By CashStrapped 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    • 1,086Posts
    • 599Thanks
    CashStrapped
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?
    • 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company? 29th Apr 16 at 12:36 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you're considering switching use our Cheap Energy Club to check you're getting the best deal for you first.

Back to CashStrapped's original post...

-----------

New energy company has appeared in my area offering good rates.

Iresa Limited.

Cannot find posts about them on the fourm.

http://www.iresa.co.uk/

The company is based in Nottingham.

Website is up and running and looks quite advanced and functional. Cannot assess the functionality of the online account services obviously.

Companies house brings up the director as (text removed by MSE Forum Team). I do not know if he has connections to any other energy companies.

Anyone have any other information? Signed up with them?
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 30-03-2017 at 4:45 PM. Reason: Personal details
Page 14
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 14th Jul 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    sent iresa an email telling them I'll charge them £100 for each day that goes past without a response; bizarely they respond quickly to this:

Good morning,

I apologise for the time it has taken to resolve your request.

It seems some of the issues with not being able to see electricity reads lies with an incorrect opening read from the national database. This is now being sent to be disputed with your previous proved. Once completed the subsequent reads can be validated and will then appear on your account.

I can confirm that we are no longer supplying you with Gas.

Regarding being unable to ransfer electricity, this is due to the fact that the direct debit was cancelled on your account. This has lead to both of your accounts being in debit, meaning you cannot transfer until the balance has been cleared. This balance is likely to increase once the electricity readings are validated and the total consumption is calculated. Currently, the owed amount is £103.98. You can clear this debit by setting up a new direct debit, or via one off payment.

Unfortunately we cannot change your tariff to the one you suggested at £0 with £0/KWH. We currently only have one tariff (IRESA Flex 4) which is the contract you signed for when you registered to switch.

Regarding the compensation of £100 each email for each day, unfortunately we are unable to offer compensation based on your request.

I hope the above information explains the situation and explains what we are doing to resolve your issue.

Kind regards

Luke
    Left is never right but I always am.
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 14th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    btw all the above is *******s

my bills are still incorrect
    • rozitron
    • By rozitron 15th Jul 17, 2:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rozitron
    Useless company
    I was meant to have a new meter installed by them.
    They never showed to the appointment, started taking d/debits for the supply. Emailed and rang (1hour plus waiting times) only to be told it was all up and running. 3 months and still no meter, I now have the ombudsman involved.
    Cheap tariffs but cheap service. Wouldn't touch them!!
    • BaeneyR
    • By BaeneyR 17th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BaeneyR
    Problems with IRESA
    I was happy with Iresa for 18 months until I called them this morning and waited for over twenty minutes to speak to an agent.

Cheap but not cheerful.

I spent time researching reviews while hanging on and found lots of complaints about customer service. And an article in The Telegraph on 13 April 2017 saying OFGEM have stopped them taking on new customers until customer service improves. So four months on and no obvious progress from my end.
    • Biscuit Tin
    • By Biscuit Tin 18th Jul 17, 9:44 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Biscuit Tin
    Iresa are accepting new customers!
    I was happy with Iresa for 18 months until I called them this morning and waited for over twenty minutes to speak to an agent.

Cheap but not cheerful.

I spent time researching reviews while hanging on and found lots of complaints about customer service. And an article in The Telegraph on 13 April 2017 saying OFGEM have stopped them taking on new customers until customer service improves. So four months on and no obvious progress from my end.
    Originally posted by BaeneyR
    LOL. #oldnews

Iresa are accepting new customers, so if there was any truth in the allegations being banded about in that publication (don't you know on slow news days, hacks turn to forums such as this to find some) then Iresa must have have proven that they have improved customer service.

• molerat
    • By molerat 18th Jul 17, 9:02 PM
    • 17,330 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    molerat
    LOL. #oldnews

Iresa are accepting new customers, so if there was any truth in the allegations being banded about in that publication (don't you know on slow news days, hacks turn to forums such as this to find some) then Iresa must have have proven that they have improved customer service.

Originally posted by Biscuit Tin
    proven it to the deaf blind regulator. Many instances of this happening before, no discernable improvement but the regulator being convinced. Maybe they have been told how to make things look ok.
    Last edited by molerat; 18-07-2017 at 9:05 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Bigtwin
    • By Bigtwin 31st Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bigtwin
    Do NOT even think about using this company
    Just read Trustpilot. They are utterly beyond description. Just don't do it to yourself.
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 31st Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    FYI ombudsman found in my favour and have asked IRESA to permit my move to EDF and also to compensate me for loss and hassle
    • elichad
    • By elichad 13th Sep 17, 10:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    elichad
    Avoid At All Costs
    Heed the advice of everyone here and don't go with Iresa. I have relatively low standards for companies that provide cheap services, but Iresa have fallen flat in every respect except cheapness.

The first issue was that they added a mistaken meter reading to my account in January, and then billed me 3-4 times my usual bill to cover that reading. When calling to resolve this, I was put on hold for over an hour, and it still wasn't resolved until March/April (after multiple further calls). On more recent occasions, the phone queue has not been nearly as bad, but that's the only improvement I've seen over the year. After the issue was resolved, they retrospectively changed the bills and the transaction history on the account, so there's actually almost no evidence that there was ever an issue, which I find strange.

Secondly, my contract with Iresa ended on the 30th of June. It's taken until today (9th Sept) to get my account credit refunded, long enough that I was about to file a complaint with the Energy Ombudsman. I have been calling on a near-weekly basis, and each time they have said they will 'escalate the problem' but this doesn't seem to do anything. They say they have a 'backlog' of things to attend to, but they said that in March as well, so it seems to be a permanent inability to accomplish things unless you chase them.

Finally, on getting my credit refunded, I went to review my account and discovered that I was doubly charged bills on TWO separate occasions. One of these double transactions was dated February - even though NO transactions were made in February due to the meter reading issue stated above. So they retrospectively added a transaction based on a meter reading I emailed them when I complained about the first issue, and then that transaction was doubled. I'm almost impressed by how much of a mess that is. They've also got my total kWh usage incorrect, despite having the correct meter readings for the year - a simple subtraction, and it's wrong.

All of this means that I have serious concerns both about Iresa's internal software, and about their ability to resolve complaints without being chased every week for months. I would not recommend this company to anyone, under any circumstances.
    • IW54
    • By IW54 15th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    IW54
    Not Good at Paying when you leave
    I provided Iresa with final meters readings two months ago when I no longer was responsible for the supply of electricity and gas at my previous home.
    They have still not repaid me the credit balance of my account which is a significant sum of money.
    There was no easy way to give final readings and end the account on the online account management section so had to email the company. I keep chasing this with them and I keep getting responses like "I can confirm that I have initiated your final billing request again and have prepared for the meter points to close leading to your account closure." After two months this excuse is wearing very thin.
    Next stage will be a complaint to the Ombudsman!
    I had no problem with the company whilst it was supplying the energy.
    • MSM78
    • By MSM78 26th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    MSM78
    Another avoid IRESA here.

Moved over to them from NPower back in March '17.

For some unexplainable reason, despite them being provided with accurate meter readings, they recorded my gas meter start point incorrectly. Not by a small amount either, some £600 gas overcharge on my first bill.

Their online account facility wouldn’t allow me to enter any readings until around May ’17 and since then I've contacted them several times to try and get this incorrect start reading resolved. They simply close the online support tickets with a stock answer a disputes been raised.

They keep saying they are referring it to their dispute team but it's a nonsense. My own readings corroborate my previous suppliers, which I’ve already settled, and I feel this is ultimately going to end up progressing a complaint with the Ombudsmen.

Incidentally, I’ve also noticed my earlier online bills, March and April, now say they were generated in Oct ’17 so they’re clearly making changes in the background in an attempt to remove traces of errors.

I suggest anyone being supplied by them download and save their bills as they’re generated, in case you have to dispute anything later.
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 13th Nov 17, 8:41 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 488 Thanks
    ProDave
    Just found this forum.

I switched to Iresa (electricity only, no gas here) in April. No I didn't search for reviews at the time.

There were problems switching to them, but it all got resolved and it seemed to be okay, meter readings were submitted and bills processed.

But for the last 2 months they have not taken a payment from my account. Their "customer support" says they don't know why but will "correct" it.

Should I just let if go without them taking any money from me? I am only worried they will charge interest when the account is in arrears.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 14th Nov 17, 9:08 AM
    • 4,562 Posts
    • 1,887 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Monthly bills delayed again - "technical issues" - however, the statement shows correct charges and interest credited for October.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 14th Nov 17, 10:55 AM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    poppellerant
    This message is displayed on their front page:
    Monthly Bills delayed

We would like to advise that your October bill scheduled for delivery on the 10th working day of the month (14th November, 2017) has been delayed due to some technical issue.

We apologise for the delay and inconvenience. We hope to have the bills available on 17th November 2017.
    • ronlizpatsimon
    • By ronlizpatsimon 15th Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ronlizpatsimon
    All Okay Now
    I have been with them for a year. At first there were problems but for several months all has been well. As some previous posts indicated; occasionally they miss taking a monthly payment. So what! it is not costing you any more in total.
    17 Sharp Panels. of 230 watts (3.91 KW)
    Azimuth (from True North) 200 degrees. Elevation 45 degrees. Location is March Cambridgeshire
    Inverter DIEHL AKO Platinum 3800S
    • mrsr001
    • By mrsr001 17th Nov 17, 11:18 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrsr001
    IRESA Nightmare - advice please?
    Hi - I switched from IRESA to OVO on 3/10/17 and am having trouble getting my credit balance refunded from Iresa. Initially they said they hadn't received final reading for electricity (they had for gas) but despite OVO saying they have been provided & also sending them my statement from OVO I'm still waiting.... Customer service is diabolical - they raise every complaint & say they will respond within 5 days but never respond. When you ring to chase up they just start another complaint with another 5 days to wait... groundhog day again & again... Have started an ombudsman complaint but does anyone have any other advice for getting my £300 back off them?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Nov 17, 1:01 PM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 2,709 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hi - I switched from IRESA to OVO on 3/10/17 and am having trouble getting my credit balance refunded from Iresa. Initially they said they hadn't received final reading for electricity (they had for gas) but despite OVO saying they have been provided & also sending them my statement from OVO I'm still waiting.... Customer service is diabolical - they raise every complaint & say they will respond within 5 days but never respond. When you ring to chase up they just start another complaint with another 5 days to wait... groundhog day again & again... Have started an ombudsman complaint but does anyone have any other advice for getting my £300 back off them?
    Originally posted by mrsr001
    Under the conditions of their Supply Licence, suppliers have 6 weeks to raise a Final Bill from the date of the supply transfer. If Iresa hasn't issued a Final Bill, then raise a complaint against them in writing. That may not work, so be prepared to send them a second Letter before Legal Action to get your refund.
    • mrsr001
    • By mrsr001 17th Nov 17, 2:21 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrsr001
    Thank you to Hengus for your advice - I've logged various complaints with them whilst on calls (which are recorded on my support page on their portal) plus have just sent a further formal complaint in writing as advised.
    I am curious if anyone has actually been successful in getting their credit balance refunded to them from IRESA & if so how did you manage it?? From forums etc I'm not too hopeful even going through ombudsman is particularly successful? I'm amazed (and obviously pretty naive....) but how are they allowed to continue to do this to so many of their (ex) customers - surely it's theft??
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Nov 17, 2:40 PM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 2,709 Thanks
    Hengus
    Thank you to Hengus for your advice - I've logged various complaints with them whilst on calls (which are recorded on my support page on their portal) plus have just sent a further formal complaint in writing as advised.
    I am curious if anyone has actually been successful in getting their credit balance refunded to them from IRESA & if so how did you manage it?? From forums etc I'm not too hopeful even going through ombudsman is particularly successful? I'm amazed (and obviously pretty naive....) but how are they allowed to continue to do this to so many of their (ex) customers - surely it's theft??
    Originally posted by mrsr001
    There is a strong 'hint' in the last line of my post.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 17th Nov 17, 4:54 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Under the conditions of their Supply Licence, suppliers have 6 weeks to raise a Final Bill from the date of the supply transfer. If Iresa hasn't issued a Final Bill, then raise a complaint against them in writing. That may not work, so be prepared to send them a second Letter before Legal Action to get your refund.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Mine was on the 4th of October, and a similar story - gas is up but no electric. I know there was a small delay on E.ONs end sending the electricity reading, but it's been at least two weeks since they confirmed it had been sent, and over a week since I reminded Iresa of this fact as well as doing the calculation for them.

Guess I'll be drafting a proper complaint letter to them this weekend too!

Hopefully I won't have to resort to MCOL, but I will if it comes to it...

Edit:
    Just checked my Iresa account again, still no closing readings, but they've come up with (ridiculously high) estimated readings for September and October.

Clowns.
    Last edited by Raxiel; 17-11-2017 at 5:03 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,139Posts Today

7,359Users online

Martin's Twitter