Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CashStrapped
    • By CashStrapped 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    • 1,086Posts
    • 600Thanks
    CashStrapped
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?
    • 29th Apr 16, 12:36 AM
    Iresa Limited - New Energy Company? 29th Apr 16 at 12:36 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you're considering switching use our Cheap Energy Club to check you're getting the best deal for you first.

Back to CashStrapped's original post...

-----------

New energy company has appeared in my area offering good rates.

Iresa Limited.

Cannot find posts about them on the fourm.

http://www.iresa.co.uk/

The company is based in Nottingham.

Website is up and running and looks quite advanced and functional. Cannot assess the functionality of the online account services obviously.

Companies house brings up the director as (text removed by MSE Forum Team). I do not know if he has connections to any other energy companies.

Anyone have any other information? Signed up with them?
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 30-03-2017 at 4:45 PM. Reason: Personal details
Page 12
    • punamulta
    • By punamulta 1st May 17, 10:31 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    punamulta
    jumping
    Been following this thread , I'm switching, 6 weeks and no responses to my my online support tickets, all I receive are automatic responses. Someone is running circles around an inadequate regulator.
    Sad thing is I need to leave the direct debit open or I can't leave, yet I'm not happy that these jokers will still have access to my bank account.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 1st May 17, 10:54 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Been following this thread , I'm switching, 6 weeks and no responses to my my online support tickets, all I receive are automatic responses. Someone is running circles around an inadequate regulator.
    Sad thing is I need to leave the direct debit open or I can't leave, yet I'm not happy that these jokers will still have access to my bank account.
    Originally posted by punamulta
    While they are hard to contact, and their gas bills (if you get one) are usually a few pence out (an acknowledged error they say will be fixed) I don't think anyone has reported them taking money they shouldn't have via DD
    • Blackdog
    • By Blackdog 2nd May 17, 11:38 AM
    • 425 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    Blackdog
    While they are hard to contact, and their gas bills (if you get one) are usually a few pence out (an acknowledged error they say will be fixed) I don't think anyone has reported them taking money they shouldn't have via DD
    Originally posted by Raxiel

I agree, Iresa appear efficient at taking the correct direct debits when they should do. Hopefully the rest of their operation will soon be as efficient.
    • Bigtwin
    • By Bigtwin 3rd May 17, 9:18 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bigtwin
    I can't even type without my blood starting to boil at this utterly appalling, horrible, dishonest company. DON"T DO IT. Please please please do what I forgot to do and read Trustpilot before you even think about dealing with this beyond belief company. DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF- LIFE IS TOO SHORT.
    • Bigtwin
    • By Bigtwin 3rd May 17, 9:21 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bigtwin
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    Oh yes they have. They failed to take over my electric as they should have done, on the basis that....they simply didn't do it. They then collected monthly DDs for it, despite my still paying the "real" supplier. Never saw the money again. Impossible to deal with - if they (rarely) actually answer the 'phone, they just cut you off. They have never once responded to written communication. Beyond awful company.
    • punamulta
    • By punamulta 3rd May 17, 10:30 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    punamulta
    Npower are doing £75 cashback through quidco which will help ease the bigger bills, and with their switch guarantee I'm hoping to make an expedient escape from IRESA, a company that is looking increasingly dodgy..
    Last edited by punamulta; 03-05-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    • macman
    • By macman 3rd May 17, 2:01 PM
    • 40,880 Posts
    • 16,686 Thanks
    macman
    That 'few pence out' on the gas bill is about £4pa. Which, when multiplied by 70K customers, is a not inconsiderable £280K a year. That should enable the increasingly invisible Mr Oladeji to employ at least a dozen more CS agents on minimum wage...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • cccustard
    • By cccustard 3rd May 17, 3:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cccustard
    Don't even think about it
    Under no circumstances should you switch to this company. The customer support is non-existent. I have tried ringing their "help" desk on six occasions and never been less than 21st in the queue. After waiting five minutes the position never reduces. I filed a support ticket and after 10 days it hasn't even been reviewed. I have even tried emailing their CEO - needless to say, no response.

A completely hopeless outfit that needs to be shut down.
    • Malcolm_E
    • By Malcolm_E 12th May 17, 9:42 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Malcolm_E
    I don't get replies until I cancel my Direct Debit
    I filed a support ticket and after 10 days it hasn't even been reviewed. I have even tried emailing their CEO - needless to say, no response.
    Originally posted by cccustard
    On two occasions, the only way I've managed to get a reply from Iresa is after cancelling my Direct Debit (after giving fair warning). After cancelling my DD I've received an automatic email from Iresa telling me my DD has been cancelled. Then when I've replied to this (replacing the noreply@iresa.co.uk email address with home@iresa.co.uk, but leaving the 'Subject' line as 'RE: Your Direct Debit mandate has been cancelled'). I've both times received a reply within 1 - 3 days and got the matter sorted.

I also send emails to home@iresa.co.uk rather than using the online system as these automatically end up in your online support page, anyway. It also makes it easier to paste in the email thread describing the actual issue when you reply to the Direct Debit cancellation email from Iresa. Each email generates a new thread in your online account support page, but this in itself hasn't in my experience generated a reply from Iresa.

(By the way, I haven't been able to find an email address for the CEO. That would be useful.)
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th May 17, 2:12 PM
    • 3,293 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    footyguy
    (By the way, I haven't been able to find an email address for the CEO. That would be useful.)
    Originally posted by Malcolm_E
    I'm sorry, but it would be in breach of this site's rules to provide such information even if it were otherwise available

I suggest you contact the supplier via your messaging system within your online account
    Otherwise, there is an email address available on their website you can use.

If you are concerned about not getting any eply, follow the suppliers complaint procedure.

• Fitzmichael
    • By Fitzmichael 12th Jun 17, 12:59 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Fitzmichael
    Dodgy recommendation from Chap Energy Club?
    The Times reported on 14 Apri that cut-price energy supplier Iresa has stopped taking new customers after being warned by Ofgem over poor customer service.
    Customers have complained that they cannot contact the company, with some reporting spending more than an hour waiting on the phone. Iresa has withdrawn its tariffs from sale, posting a note on its website saying that it is “not taking on new customers at the moment”.
    Here is a link to the requested email: http://www. !!!!!!!!!!!!!/s.php?id=ceo-2977902&k=593dd4ac&c=Iresa%20Limited%20CEO The system inserts the !!!!/s so that it doesn't work; you need to delete the insertion and spaces.
    I switched to it via Cheap Energy Club just a month before this warning. I haven't seen any warning about that in Martin's email and I hope the Club is not still promoting it.
    MSE Andrea edited a post enquiring about them on 30-03-2017, so perhaps she'll have something to tell us.
    Last edited by Fitzmichael; 12-06-2017 at 1:17 AM. Reason: to correct link
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 3,293 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    footyguy
    The Times reported on 14 Apri that cut-price energy supplier Iresa has stopped taking new customers
    I hope the Club is not still promoting it.
    Originally posted by Fitzmichael
    You are correct that Iresa has currently closed it's doors to new customers
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/not-taking-new-orders/

I'm not sure about the truth you suggest as to the reasons as to why - do you have any evidence from Ofgem to support the allegations you make ?

This is not the first time this small supplier has closed it's doors temporarily to new customers, nor is it the only small company that has taken such action in the past.

As I understand it, the small supplier has taken the stance due to overwealming demand for their very price competitive tariffs.

You also ask about the CEC. I'm not really sure what you mean
    When I check the CEC, I can confirm Iresa do not currently show in the list of poossible suppliers for me since they are not acceptiung new customers at this time. Are they appearing on your account???

Anyway, well done on getting in whilst the doors were open.
    Sorry to all those who missed out! All I can suggest is keep checking the comparison sites, as they will re-appear once they decide to open their doors again.
    (no guarantees when they do start accepting new customers as to what tariff they will then be offering, or how competitive it will be)
    • Fitzmichael
    • By Fitzmichael 12th Jun 17, 12:34 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Fitzmichael
    "do you have any evidence from Ofgem?"
    I assume that The Times will have evidence for my quote. Re CEC, I wrote 'I hope', so I'm glad Iresa isn't there, and hope the MSE email will make some reference to it.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Jun 17, 12:50 PM
    • 3,293 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    footyguy
    "do you have any evidence from Ofgem?"
    I assume that The Times will have evidence for my quote. Re CEC, I wrote 'I hope', so I'm glad Iresa isn't there, and hope the MSE email will make some reference to it.
    Originally posted by Fitzmichael
    Don't assume. Save it for the judge.
    Iirc, the article appeared after someone posted similar on MSE
    It's well known the hacks often turn to internet sites such as this if they are short of news stories.

There's an existing thread from months ago when this story broke in the press here
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5633851

Don't understand what you mean by the CEC making reference to something they are not listing. The supplier is not offering anything, so why whould they appear on a comparison site and why would MSE make reference to the fact they are not there????

There are lots of companies that are not listed ... all because they are not offering gas or electricity to new customers.

Good luck!
    Last edited by footyguy; 12-06-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,535Users online

Martin's Twitter