Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The difference isn't a mere couple of units, it is way out - in excess of 15,000 units. :eek:

If it was in your favour, you might have be better saying nothing. That said, I suspect that Ovo might have noticed even if you hadn't.

Seriously, you would have thought that ac simple computer validation by Iresa would have identified the issue that, as the gaining supplier, they need to resolve. Personally, I would make a report to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk with any screenshots that you have pointing out that Iresa is failing to meet its SLC obligations as the gaining supplier. Ofgem is taking an interest.
  • firsttimemover
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Iresa appears to have stopped updating transactions for gas, and issuing bills, until it can resolve the problem that it has converting the volume of gas used to kWhs. Under Ofgem regulations, suppliers are required to use an average daily calorific value for your region truncated to one decimal point rather that the fixed calorific value that Iresa has been using. Had Iresa's error continued then I estimate that I would have been over-charged by about £7 for the year. The issue was passed to Ofgem's Compliance Team in January.

Mine is actually the electric they are updating at a snail's pace (I don't have mains gas) so I'm not sure what their excuse/reason is for this!

Last week, the end of January reading was added on to the transaction pages, so 13 weeks since they were provided to them!
  • sld2606
    sld2606 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,
    I have just recently switches to IRESA too. They have taken a direct debit just after the 14 days cooling off period. As per their email my accounts should have switched over to them by 30/03/17. All I received from them was an email asking for my meter numbers which I sent to them right away. On 04/04/17 I sent them an email regarding the transfer and received an email on 04/04/17 asking to send my meter readings by the 29/03/17???? What's going on here??? My online account states 'Meters are currently being setup' so can't even enter the meter reading.

Since yesterday iv been on the phone trying to contact them always to be told I'm in the 40s to be answered. Been on the phone for over an hour and still at number 16!!! Just fed up with them. Seems like either they keep their phones engaged on purose or only have a single person answering their calls. STAY AWAY FROM THEM
  • System
    Options
    sld2606 wrote: »
    Hiya,
    I have just recently switches to IRESA too. They have taken a direct debit just after the 14 days cooling off period. As per their email my accounts should have switched over to them by 30/03/17. All I received from them was an email asking for my meter numbers which I sent to them right away. On 04/04/17 I sent them an email regarding the transfer and received an email on 04/04/17 asking to send my meter readings by the 29/03/17???? What's going on here??? My online account states 'Meters are currently being setup' so can't even enter the meter reading.

Since yesterday iv been on the phone trying to contact them always to be told I'm in the 40s to be answered. Been on the phone for over an hour and still at number 16!!! Just fed up with them. Seems like either they keep their phones engaged on purose or only have a single person answering their calls. STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Welcome to the bizarre World of Iresa. Yesterday, I got an email confirming that my gas switch would go through on the 5th December 2016. In the original e-mail received in November 2016' they asked me to send a reading on the 27th December 2015.

If you have a transfer date, then just send the readings to meter.readings@iresa.co.uk with your Customer number. They will not set up your online accounts until they have validated transfer meter readings - 10/15 days after your transfer.
  • sld2606
    sld2606 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the bizarre World of Iresa. Yesterday, I got an email confirming that my gas switch would go through on the 5th December 2016. In the original e-mail received in November 2016' they asked me to send a reading on the 27th December 2015.

If you have a transfer date, then just send the readings to meter.readings@iresa.co.uk with your Customer number. They will not set up your online accounts until they have validated transfer meter readings - 10/15 days after your transfer.

Thanks for the reply. But does that mean I will have to send them readings every month without them prompting me for one?
  • System
    edited 6 April 2017 at 7:49AM
    Options
    sld2606 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. But does that mean I will have to send them readings every month without them prompting me for one?

They will send you an email every month requesting meter readings. The readings will appear on your online account in a couple of days later. When, or if, you will get a gas bill is something that only Iresa knows.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If it was in your favour, you might have be better saying nothing. That said, I suspect that Ovo might have noticed even if you hadn't.

Seriously, you would have thought that ac simple computer validation by Iresa would have identified the issue that, as the gaining supplier, they need to resolve. Personally, I would make a report to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk with any screenshots that you have pointing out that Iresa is failing to meet its SLC obligations as the gaining supplier. Ofgem is taking an interest.
    I've emailed Ofgem, after deciding enough is enough. I copied Iresa the exact email I sent to Ofgem, notifying them I've contacted Ofgem - funnily enough I received a response in about 24 hours.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    I've emailed Ofgem, after deciding enough is enough. I copied Iresa the exact email I sent to Ofgem, notifying them I've contacted Ofgem - funnily enough I received a response in about 24 hours.

What did they say???
    Or didn't you want to put that the response was that Ofgem do not deal wioth consumer complaints :cool:
  • System
    Options
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    What did they say???
    Or didn't you want to put that the response was that Ofgem do not deal wioth consumer complaints :cool:

Ofgem will not look into individual complaints: these are matters for the supplier and The Energy Ombudsman. However, Ofgem is the industry Regulator and, as such, it oversees Regulatory Compliance. For example, there is a Standard Licence Condition 14A - relating to Customer Transfer. If this SLC is not being adhered to, then Ofgem should investigate. It is not obliged to say how the matter will be investigated, nor is it required to inform you of the outcome of any investigation.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    What did they say???
    It wasn't a case of me not wanting to say anything. Do you have some sort of issue with me taking my problems to Ofgem?

They - the people who replied - were Iresa. I should have been clearer in my post who actually replied.
    Ofgem will not look into individual complaints: these are matters for the supplier and The Energy Ombudsman. However, Ofgem is the industry Regulator and, as such, it oversees Regulatory Compliance. For example, there is a Standard Licence Condition 14A - relating to Customer Transfer. If this SLC is not being adhered to, then Ofgem should investigate. It is not obliged to say how the matter will be investigated, nor is it required to inform you of the outcome of any investigation.
    Indeed. I just wanted to notify them of my situation. To be honest, if it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have thought about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure