Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stokeymad
    • By stokeymad 28th Apr 16, 10:38 AM
    • 57Posts
    • 2,915Thanks
    stokeymad
    Xbox One finally under £200 (£190.40)
    • 28th Apr 16, 10:38 AM
    Xbox One finally under £200 (£190.40) 28th Apr 16 at 10:38 AM
    For the first time (I believe), the price of a Xbox One has dropped to below £200.

You can pick one up the £190.40 at the moment, although there are some better deals (for instance, an extra £40 gets you a copy of The Division and 1TB).

Noticed the price at Console Deals, there's also some decent Playstation 4 deals, a PS4 for £230, or one with an extra controller and Black Ops 3 for £259.

Worth checking out:

Xbox one deals
    PS4 deals
    Last edited by stokeymad; 28-04-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Page 1
    • bluenoseam
    • By bluenoseam 28th Apr 16, 10:55 AM
    • 4,434 Posts
    • 8,218 Thanks
    bluenoseam
    • 28th Apr 16, 10:55 AM
    • 28th Apr 16, 10:55 AM
    Xbox One has been available under £200 a few times during various promotions & just a few weeks back was available for £220 with FIFA 16 around the bricks & mortar places.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
    • stokeymad
    • By stokeymad 28th Apr 16, 11:17 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 2,915 Thanks
    stokeymad
    • 28th Apr 16, 11:17 AM
    • 28th Apr 16, 11:17 AM
    Xbox One has been available under £200 a few times during various promotions & just a few weeks back was available for £220 with FIFA 16 around the bricks & mortar places.
    Originally posted by bluenoseam
    I've not actually seen any for less than £200 that weren't refurbished/2nd hand/ jumping through hoops with Amazon France. I did see the £220 deal with Fifa, but that was a 500gb Xbox with a game that's bundled with pretty much anything and won't hold value.
    • Garethgrew
    • By Garethgrew 30th Apr 16, 2:14 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Garethgrew
    • 30th Apr 16, 2:14 PM
    • 30th Apr 16, 2:14 PM
    I may get an Xbox one just for elite dangerous until ps4.5 version is released on ps vr headset.
    • PenguinJim
    • By PenguinJim 1st May 16, 4:13 PM
    • 818 Posts
    • 874 Thanks
    PenguinJim
    • 1st May 16, 4:13 PM
    • 1st May 16, 4:13 PM
    I may get an Xbox one just for elite dangerous until ps4.5 version is released on ps vr headset.
    Originally posted by Garethgrew
    If you're interested in Elite: Dangerous to the point that you're prepared to spend £250 + Gold subscription costs just as a placeholder, and you're also interested in VR, and you're also interested in a system more powerful than a PS4... why not just set up a gaming PC?

The new consoles have had an extreme dearth of compelling reasons to buy either of them, as they offer relatively poor graphics quality (neither managing 1080P30 across their catalogues) and near-zero decent exclusives (I count the Master Chef Collection on Xbox and Bloodborne on PS4 so far - both bloody good games, but not £250 good).

I just knocked this together in about a minute, and it's about twice as fast as a PS4. It's £450, which is less than an Xbone and a PS4.5 combined, surely. Even just comparing with the Xbox One, the £25/year Gold subscription and far, far higher game prices on console will make the PC cheaper in the medium and long run - which is a big part of what MSE is about, looking at the total cost instead of the upfront cost.

If you can hold out eight more weeks, we'll have a slew of new graphics cards to choose from, allowing you to get far more value for your money. Then just start a thread asking for recommendations for a ~£your-budget-here PC. Let us know what parts you have already, even if it's just an ancient, cobwebbed PC from 1998, as that'll give you a case to start with.

(Oh, in case you were wondering, yes: PCs can connect to TVs, and yes: PCs can use pads - or whatever control system you prefer.)
    • oliviarose
    • By oliviarose 4th May 16, 6:48 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    oliviarose
    • 4th May 16, 6:48 AM
    • 4th May 16, 6:48 AM
    Awesome, this has me tempted, been thinking about updating my Xbox 360 for a while
    Olivia Rose
    • artichoke
    • By artichoke 22nd Aug 16, 6:33 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 3,184 Thanks
    artichoke
    • 22nd Aug 16, 6:33 PM
    • 22nd Aug 16, 6:33 PM
    hi everyone

old mother here so please bear with me.....

My son wants an xbox one ....he has never had an x box or ps console so I don;t know anything about it....

He wants an xbox one as that is what his friends have and so i know we need to subscribe to xbox live so that he can play online with them...

We have never gone down the console road before as we he has always played Minecraft and other such games via the Mac and chatted to his mates via skype whilst playing....

My worry if we buy an xbox one is that in a few months a new upgrade console will come out and all his mates will move over to that.....

if that happened would he still be able to playonline with them or would he need to have the new upgraded console "the S" ???

can anyone help me? if I am going to get him an xbox what are the best deals around?

art
    • stokeymad
    • By stokeymad 22nd Aug 16, 6:42 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 2,915 Thanks
    stokeymad
    • 22nd Aug 16, 6:42 PM
    • 22nd Aug 16, 6:42 PM
    hi everyone

old mother here so please bear with me.....

My son wants an xbox one ....he has never had an x box or ps console so I don;t know anything about it....

He wants an xbox one as that is what his friends have and so i know we need to subscribe to xbox live so that he can play online with them...

We have never gone down the console road before as we he has always played Minecraft and other such games via the Mac and chatted to his mates via skype whilst playing....

My worry if we buy an xbox one is that in a few months a new upgrade console will come out and all his mates will move over to that.....

if that happened would he still be able to playonline with them or would he need to have the new upgraded console "the S" ???

can anyone help me? if I am going to get him an xbox what are the best deals around?

art
    Originally posted by artichoke
    Hi Art

If you buy a Xbox, regardless of if you buy the Xbox One, the Xbox One S or the Xbox Elite, you will be able to play online against friends regardless of which console they have. You will also be able to play against people who own PCs too on select games.

I know I'm plugging it a bit here but I would check out www.console-deals.com/xboxone

If you scroll down you will find lots of deals (some of which include Xbox live subscriptions) and if you scroll even further, you will find lots of information on Xbox and buying guides. Definitely worth checking out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    • artichoke
    • By artichoke 22nd Aug 16, 6:50 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 3,184 Thanks
    artichoke
    • 22nd Aug 16, 6:50 PM
    • 22nd Aug 16, 6:50 PM
    hi thanks

I have had a quick look at the linke and
    i do have a few more questions....

do i need to 500GB on

e or a 1TB? or 2 TB?
    waht is EA access? some of deals give you one month free...

what is the xbox one S ?

is it worth starting with this one? it's £249 so not much more expensive?

help!!

I suppose i need to find out what games he wants with it???

art
    Last edited by artichoke; 22-08-2016 at 6:52 PM.
    • artichoke
    • By artichoke 22nd Aug 16, 6:59 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 3,184 Thanks
    artichoke
    sorry multiple post
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Aug 16, 7:10 PM
    • 27,201 Posts
    • 17,264 Thanks
    DCFC79
    hi thanks

I have had a quick look at the linke and
    i do have a few more questions....

do i need to 500GB on

e or a 1TB? or 2 TB?
    waht is EA access? some of deals give you one month free...

EA Access is a service where you can access certain games made by EA, 1 is Fifa 16 and 1 of the NHL games is included. More games will get added over time. You also get a certain number of hours on some games eg star Wars battlefront. Only useful if he plays Fifa or NHL I guess.

get the 1 with the biggest hard drive you can afford. No harm in buying a 500GB 1 but you will need to buy an external hard drive to store the games on.

what is the xbox one S ?

Its the new console, its smaller but the black consoles still work. The s is just another Xbox One console (its a latest edition) like Ford cars eg Fiesta, Mondeo etc etc.

is it worth starting with this one? it's £249 so not much more expensive?

help!!

I suppose i need to find out what games he wants with it???

art
    You would have been better off starting a new thread but never mind.

What ever games he asks do your research, depends if you want him playing violent games or not.

Get your subscription from cdkeys (can get a 5% discount from the facebook page) and any xbox credit.

I hope you have a budget in mind ? or a ceiling limit you can afford.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 22-08-2016 at 7:14 PM.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • custardy
    • By custardy 22nd Aug 16, 7:14 PM
    • 31,315 Posts
    • 25,846 Thanks
    custardy
    The S is nice if you want bluetooth functionality.
    If you think you may want the Elite controller(user configurable but really for more advanced players) ,then its generally cheaper to buy with the Elite console.
    However the 'old' Xbox One does the job fine (as I have) and you are more likely to get better deals with the 'S' being released.
    • artichoke
    • By artichoke 22nd Aug 16, 9:21 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 3,184 Thanks
    artichoke
    You would have been better off starting a new thread but never mind.

What ever games he asks do your research, depends if you want him playing violent games or not.

Get your subscription from cdkeys (can get a 5% discount from the facebook page) and any xbox credit.

I hope you have a budget in mind ? or a ceiling limit you can afford.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    hi

budget is £250 -for the console - he has saved up the money himself so i am trying to get him the best deal... he knows he can;t have 18 rated games -

he has picked some games he wants but has extra birthday money arriving this week he can use for them - as they don;t come in the bundle - He wants Overwatch and is going to buy Lego star wars for his little sister... He also wants a fifa game but says he will wait until he has more money saved...

thanks everyone for your help...
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Aug 16, 11:29 PM
    • 27,201 Posts
    • 17,264 Thanks
    DCFC79
    hi

budget is £250 -for the console - he has saved up the money himself so i am trying to get him the best deal... he knows he can;t have 18 rated games -

he has picked some games he wants but has extra birthday money arriving this week he can use for them - as they don;t come in the bundle - He wants Overwatch and is going to buy Lego star wars for his little sister... He also wants a fifa game but says he will wait until he has more money saved...

thanks everyone for your help...
    He can get Fifa 16 cheap now if he isn't too bothered about the teams being up to date or the graphics being as good as Fifa 17 released month.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 23rd Aug 16, 2:01 AM
    • 1,968 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    One point about the Xbox storage is that the Xbox handles external hard drives entirely seemlessly, you can have it just combine the external and internal storage as one big pool so you don't need to worry about managing the separate drives. Plus external drives are usually pretty cheap so there's no need to worry about wanting more storage later.

John
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 23rd Aug 16, 11:49 AM
    • 27,201 Posts
    • 17,264 Thanks
    DCFC79
    One point about the Xbox storage is that the Xbox handles external hard drives entirely seemlessly, you can have it just combine the external and internal storage as one big pool so you don't need to worry about managing the separate drives. Plus external drives are usually pretty cheap so there's no need to worry about wanting more storage later.

John
    Originally posted by Johnmcl7
    Can also tell it where to install new games eg internal or external drive which is useful.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • PeterLWilson
    • By PeterLWilson 16th Sep 16, 12:41 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    PeterLWilson
    He can get Fifa 16 cheap now if he isn't too bothered about the teams being up to date or the graphics being as good as Fifa 17 released month.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    You can get a 500gb Xbox One S bundled with FIFA 17 from Very.co.uk for £229.99 if you use this voucher code: KNYMH
    Last edited by PeterLWilson; 16-09-2016 at 2:22 PM.
    • Lip_Stick
    • By Lip_Stick 22nd Sep 16, 11:16 AM
    • 2,110 Posts
    • 5,818 Thanks
    Lip_Stick
    I've just bought the latest Xbox One S 500GB, bundled with Fifa 17, plus Forza Horizon 3 and Overwatch for £239.00 through Tesco. There's a £25 off £150 spend, plus when you buy the Xbox with the games I've mentioned, you get another £44 knocked off. Not a bad price I thought.
    There's a storm coming, Cameron. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Sep 16, 11:30 AM
    • 27,201 Posts
    • 17,264 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I've just bought the latest Xbox One S 500GB, bundled with Fifa 17, plus Forza Horizon 3 and Overwatch for £239.00 through Tesco. There's a £25 off £150 spend, plus when you buy the Xbox with the games I've mentioned, you get another £44 knocked off. Not a bad price I thought.
    Originally posted by Lip_Stick
    Its not bad, when you reach the end of the 500GB storage you will need to add extra storage by buying an external hard drive.

If the only games to be played will be the bundled 3 then you will be fine re storage.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Lip_Stick
    • By Lip_Stick 22nd Sep 16, 9:52 PM
    • 2,110 Posts
    • 5,818 Thanks
    Lip_Stick
    Can you replace the internal HD like you can with the ps4? 500GB should be OK for a good while as the ps4 is our main console and I put a 2TB HD in that.
    There's a storm coming, Cameron. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,852Posts Today

7,052Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: What proportion of your usual monthly spending do you do in cash (ie not plastic, bank transfer, cheque etc)

• RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Follow Martin