Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BarkingMad
    • By BarkingMad 16th Apr 16, 8:35 AM
    • 32Posts
    • 1Thanks
    BarkingMad
    JISOFT - Alternative to Quicken / MS Money
    • 16th Apr 16, 8:35 AM
    JISOFT - Alternative to Quicken / MS Money 16th Apr 16 at 8:35 AM
    Hello,

I'm currently using Money and it is becoming slow. I've been looking around for an alternative. Which? has a review of some products but they seem to US based.

There is a UK company - http://www.jiosoft.co.uk/

Has anyone got any views on their Money Manager product?

Thanks

Title should be jiosoft and not jisoft - cannot change it
    Last edited by BarkingMad; 16-04-2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Title change
Page 2
    • Jassy
    • By Jassy 20th Mar 17, 8:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jassy
    Still problems
    Updated today. No improvement in reporting and in fact no idea what the update has done as there are no release notes.

So I have now tried to reconcile but whenever I choose a date to convert vleared to reconciled the s/w insists that it must make adjustments to the account yet everything is fine.

Problem is there are no instructions as to how reconcile works.

Begining to think I made a mistake buying this procuts
    • Chordeiles
    • By Chordeiles 19th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Chordeiles
    Money 2005 vs Money 2004
    MS Money V12 from he "about" box. MS Money 2004 from the CD box.
    Originally posted by BarkingMad
    I'm using that, have been since late 2003 I suppose. If I have issues with it it's certainly not slowness (my data is 16MB). Annoyances as follows:
    1. I keep finding myself edting a transaction I wanted to leave alone. Maybe this because a click anywhere on the transaction form is same as clicking the "Edit" button.
    2. When jumping back years in the date box one has to be unnaturally precise in hitting the middle of the year and then the "back/forward" arrows.
    3. Back in 2010 it went crazy on me, the account totals didn't add up properly. Eventually decided it was a bug based on corruption of the .MNY file (itself converted from .QIF many years earlier) and started afresh, no problems in last 7 years.

On another thread on this forum I found a link to download Money 2005 (v14.0.120.1105), the last ever release for the UK. It converted my .MNY file to .M12 format which is about 25% smaller. And it fixed issue no.2 in my gripe list above. But otherwise I hate it.. It keeps going online for information that isn't there now (such as the "Help" file !). Generally I keep finding myself on the MSN homepage whenever I am trying to do something much simpler. And in trying to make the interface look like a browser there is less screen available for what you really want to do. I notice that investment accounts now have the option of a "transfer account" which may (or may not, without "Help" I can't tell) suit those with accounts at Hargreaves Lansdown (who insist on maintaining two cash accounts in each investment account).

Right now I'm pleased I tried Money 2005 on a spare PC with a spare copy of my .MNY file ! For the foreseeable future I'm quite happy with Money 2004, and I'd recommend it. I hope the OP finds the reason for his slow operation, which I doubt is file size. If you find a downloadable copy of Money 2004 for goodness sake run it by a virus checker, it's a frequent scam to distribute infected versions of popular programs that are no longer available through the normal channels.
    • batrachophagus
    • By batrachophagus 20th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    batrachophagus
    Nationwide gave me a free copy of MS Money many years ago as their bank account used to link automatically. Once MS stopped supporting Money I moved over to Account Tracker on iOS but had to setup accounts again on a current balance basis.

Works for me, and I'm slightly less obsessed with record keeping than I used to be. The reports are not going to be as customisable as on Money though, and non-share investments prices have to be updated manually.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,401Posts Today

9,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin