Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,655Posts
    • 70,478Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8th April 2011, 1st baby boy born 26th September 2012 , Poppy born 8th November 2015
Page 73
    • athensgeorgia
    • By athensgeorgia 13th Oct 16, 9:18 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    athensgeorgia
    Sorry AF got you Butterfly. It's so disappointing when you're feeling positive and you're certain she's not gonna show.
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 13th Oct 16, 11:02 AM
    • 373 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Sorry Butterfly I am trying to think of all the positives if my AF shows at the weekend, eg. being able to go on the funfair rides at our local fireworks at the end of the month. And enjoying a glass or three of mulled cider...
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 13th Oct 16, 12:11 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    Welcome Ratison

Sorry to hear about AF Butterflybabe

I had an engagement and a baby announcement in my family this past few days, seperate people, both cousins. Hurts lots
    • A0503
    • By A0503 13th Oct 16, 1:55 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    A0503
    Sorry about AF Butterfly, the disappointment especially when its late is difficult. When AF came last week I spent the whole time I was on looking at different vitamins and supplements. I am taking about 12 tablets a day at the minute! It gave me something to focus on though while I waited it out.

Welcome Ratison and Snow, not sure if I have said that already.

Sorry Rachy about the Baby Bomb. Its weird with family, I didn't think it would bother me because its family but its almost harder as you can't escape it.

I decided to completely relax this month, whilst I think about TTC every day I am trying to not get stressed about it. I do know however that I am approaching ov a some point over this weekend so will be in the back of my mind, but we aren't following any kind of plan or doing any OPKs just going to BD when we want xx
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 13th Oct 16, 6:23 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    So this month my CM has increased and I have produced a lot more than usual - anyone know if this is significant?
    • angel11
    • By angel11 13th Oct 16, 7:42 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 453 Thanks
    angel11
    Butterfly sorry the witch got, she's so so cruel sometimes.

Rachy increased cm can only be a positive.

I still haven't oved & I'm pretty certain it's because I've been stressed & had a lot of negative thoughts. So I'm trying to get my positivity back, I've deleted ovia, I'm using a mindfulness app (thanks to whoever it was on here suggested HeadSpace, it's ace) & I'm using some positive affirmations. So far, so good, I'm definitely in a better place than where I was at the start of the week. Just need to try to keep it up now

Hope everyone is good.
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 13th Oct 16, 8:31 PM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 8,108 Thanks
    newthrift
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD?? twigpig - 7DPO
    CD28 newthrift - 6DPO
    CD29 snowscreamer - 13DPO
    CD30 LittleMissGiggle - 15DPO
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD8 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD16 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov
    CD19 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD19 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov
    CD20 Milliebob - Awaiting ov
    CD37 kira000 - Awaiting ov
    CD61 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD138 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 13th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 8,108 Thanks
    newthrift
    Butterfly sorry AF arrived, it never gets any easier.

Rachy sorry for the baby bomb re increased CM I would suggest that's a good sign and your body is possibly rebalancing itself.

angel keep up with the relaxing it can only be a good thing, especially if you are already feeling a bit better.

I've had an increase (massively) in creamy CM and sore/tender nipples. DH asked me what it meant and he didn't quite know what to say when I replied with could be anything I don't quite trust my body's signs anymore
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 14th Oct 16, 8:45 AM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 8,108 Thanks
    newthrift
    CD?? twigpig - 8DPO
    CD29 newthrift - 7DPO
    CD30 snowscreamer - 14DPO
    CD31 LittleMissGiggle - 16DPO
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD9 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD17 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov
    CD20 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD20 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov
    CD21 Milliebob - Awaiting ov
    CD38 kira000 - Awaiting ov
    CD62 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov
    CD3 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov

CD139 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    • athensgeorgia
    • By athensgeorgia 14th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    athensgeorgia
    DTD the other night and cried at 'the end'. Obviously can't have been good for DH's enjoyment. Is it normal to be so emotional? All I could think is this is all it takes and it's just not happening.

I am getting close to one of those anniversaries related to the MC so could be something to do with that.

A0503 I did something similar when AF arrived. I'm convinced chinese medicine is the way to go for me, to get my body/hormone in balance. I did rule out Pregnitude as I thought £60 was a bit too much. I'm not sure how much the chinese medicine would be but I thought they could sort everything out in one go iyswim.
    • A0503
    • By A0503 14th Oct 16, 4:03 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    A0503
    That's so strange you say that as I am convinced re Chinese medicine too. I am quite into all the weird and wonderful theories about fertility anyway but I have read a lot online about Chinese medicine and it seems to work miracles for some women. If I reach the 12 month mark I want to look into it. I was taking g pregnacare but I felt like I wanted to do more xx
    • twigpig
    • By twigpig 14th Oct 16, 5:25 PM
    • 962 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    twigpig
    I tried to take pregnacare but had quite bad stomach pain and constipation, so switched to sanatogen. Thought I'd mention if anyone else was seeing any symptoms
    TTC #3..........
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 15th Oct 16, 8:15 AM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 8,108 Thanks
    newthrift
    CD?? twigpig - 9DPO https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/353d56/
    CD30 newthrift - 8DPO
    CD31 snowscreamer - 15DPO
    CD32 LittleMissGiggle - 17DPO
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD10 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD18 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov
    CD21 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD21 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov
    CD22 Milliebob - Awaiting ov
    CD39 kira000 - Awaiting ov
    CD63 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov
    CD4 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov

CD140 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov

Thread Graduates
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Last edited by newthrift; 15-10-2016 at 8:31 AM.
    • twigpig
    • By twigpig 15th Oct 16, 8:19 AM
    • 962 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    twigpig
    Morning everyone. Hope everyone has a lovely relaxing weekend planned. It'll be a quiet one here. I'm off work next week so plenty of time to put my feet up

Newthrift, here's my FF link if you could link to my name. I think this is the right link
    My Ovulation Chart

Ps. Ignore the CD date. I added a false period day on 1st Sept to create something to work with.
    TTC #3..........
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 15th Oct 16, 8:23 AM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 8,108 Thanks
    newthrift
    athens possibly the emotion is coming more to the forefront if it is coming up to an anniversary. Hugs to you xx I want to say try to enjoy the BD'ing and not place too much pressure on it but that is so much easier said than done. I know its so frustrating xx

I've been reading a book called the Fertility Diet and that is based around chinese medicine and i've been trying bits from it. Defiantly worth a read if it is something that you are interested in.
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 15th Oct 16, 8:34 AM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 8,108 Thanks
    newthrift
    twigpig I've added your ovulation calendar, when I can work out how to add some writing in i'll do it how you posted it.
    • twigpig
    • By twigpig 15th Oct 16, 8:52 AM
    • 962 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    twigpig
    Thanks newthrift. I just posted the raw link and it added the text on top. Lol. Thanks for updating all the lists etc. You do a fab job for us all
    TTC #3..........
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 15th Oct 16, 9:34 AM
    • 373 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Morning everyone. At 15DPO and with all the excitement of it being a weekend I am really struggling with not testing. AF should arrive today according to Ovia but no signs yet... got increased CM like Rachy but no sore boobs or anything. Although I'be never had (or at least noticed) PMS so I don't know if that means I'm just less likely to get symptoms in general?

I'm literally writing this post right now as it's all I can do not to test. Just want to know one way or the other! Don't mind the result at this stage - it's the not knowing that's killing me!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 15th Oct 16, 9:40 AM
    • 373 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Also, I went out last night for a friend's birthday (without OH) and was chatting quietly to one of my best friends who was also there about our TTC (as my close group of friends know that we were keen to get on with things soon after marriage). Do you guys confide in your friends IRL? I know people don't tend to announce until the first scan but do you have a few people about from OH that you chat to? I know when I do fall I'll be able now to keep it from that friend at the very least as she's massively on the lookout for alcohol consumption etc! But I don't think I mind... how do you choose who to confide in? If I did have something go wrong etc I know she would be supportive. Tricky one! I feel for me it'll be so tough keeping it a secret!
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 15th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hey snowscreamer - just delurking to say I told one friend at 10 weeks and another at 12 but before the scan. Other than that I waited until scan and blood results, but then only 2 or 3 people knew we were TTC anyway.

A few of my friends did guess anyway though, mainly because I massively cut down my exercising
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby due March 2017
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,838Posts Today

7,531Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin