Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• Rachylou1981
    Options
    So sorry for your loss Cherry Gale. Really admire your positivity and I hope that you have the support you need and I really hope you don't wait too long for another BFP.

I've got my fertility appointment tomorrow. Unsure what to expect. Going alone as it was a short notice appointment (perk of working in the NHS). I am expecting bloods and SA to be done again but unsure what other tests are involved? Bit scared to be honest but it's going to be worth it and may relax me a bit to know I have medical support behind me now
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2017 at 9:19PM
    Options
    My OH takes zinc too. It's supposed to help the swimmers. He has a zinc and vit c combo. They're really cheap too.....

No prob MrsNubs. As always, just shout if anything needs updating :)

Butterflybabe, I very occasionally get a little vaginal itching a day or two before AF. Might be worth waiting.... it goes away soon enough. No discharge or anything just an itchiness...... annoyingly uncomfortable.
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD23 Zeni - 6 dpo
    CD24 ButterflyBabe - ? dpo
    CD?? Orange_Candle - 6 dpo
    CD26 kirtsypoos - 11 dpo
    CD34 sulphate - 16 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD5 Chelle22 - awaiting ov
    CD10 MrsNubs - awaiting ov
    CD11 athensgeorgia - awaiting ov
    CD18 twigpig - awaiting ov
    CD28 dragoneye454 - awaiting ov
    CD69 DSM348 - awaiting ov
    CD82 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD103 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD128 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LittleMissGiggle
    (06.10.16)
    Slinky_Selina (26.10.16)
    LinaT

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks twigpig. We have been to Mr A tonight and purchased zinc and vit C, along with a selenium and vits a-c combo and he has agreed to take them as long as I remind him :)

I'm feeling very crampy which is a sure sign of AF making her way to me, but I feel like we are on the right track and getting all our ducks in a row so hopefully it will happen when it's meant to.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Just dropping in to say we did his and hers pregnacare for about 3 months but then it was just so expensive compared to own brand so I switched to Seven Seas TTC which were also a nicer size and OH just took own brand zinc. No idea if it helped or not as it still took 14 months but I figured it couldn't hurt x
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    cats2012 wrote: »
    Just dropping in to say we did his and hers pregnacare for about 3 months but then it was just so expensive compared to own brand so I switched to Seven Seas TTC which were also a nicer size and OH just took own brand zinc. No idea if it helped or not as it still took 14 months but I figured it couldn't hurt x

Thanks cats - that was my concern really, it was so expensive and if it takes a year or 2 that's a lot of money if own brands do the same job. Will see what happens with the asda zinc and selenium :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    So I had my first fertility appointment today. I'm being referred for bloods again and had a gynae exam. Without my OH being there and not being able to discuss his SA and history from his own mouth then they do not know which route to go down with testing quite yet (plus the fact I have got pg before) but it is possible they'll refer me for HSG/Laparoscopy before next appointment in two months.

Interestingly, she told me to stop doing OPKs and tracking and to just bd regularly i.e. every 2-3 days as this is all that is needed. It does make sense and is what alot of fertility sites recommend. Plus you all know how stressed I am and so I'm taking her advice and going to just relax this cycle. Here's hoping I can actually do the relaxed approach though... :cool:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    All sounds positive Rachylou - fingers crossed you are able to relax and see what happens this cycle :)
  • DSM348
    DSM348 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    That's good you have the ball rolling now Rachylou. And fingers crossed that the relaxed approach will work for you in the meantime before your next appointment!
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    I make my DH take vitamins!

Well to my amazement it's time to leave this thread (!) as I got a BFP over the weekend! Very very shocked!

Hope to see all of you on the next thread very soon xxxxxxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure